The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Brackenhurst Campus

Scroll to see replies

Original post by joey11223
Yeah it's really good in my opinion. You get given a list of main books they recommend at the start. tbh I haven't read em really this year but one they'll recommend is Campells biology.

Ah okay, thanks :smile: Can I ask what a typical week timetable would be? And do you do much in the animal unit? Sorry for all the questions :P
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by emilyroseeee
Ah okay, thanks :smile: Can I ask what a typical week timetable would be? And do you do much in the animal unit? Sorry for all the questions :P

For me I have no lectures Monday or Wednesday. Tuesday changes every other week, so it's either 9-10, then 12-1 then 2-3, or no 9-10 and just the other two. Then Thursday it's 9-1 straight, Friday it's 9-12, 2-3, 4-5.

We didn't do any animal unit stuff until the second term, then we had like 4 practicals down there(like 2hrs, diff animals each time).

You can always volunteer to help out in the animal unit though, especially if you live on-site since that makes doing that a lot easier.
For me I have no lectures Monday or Wednesday. Tuesday changes every other week, so it's either 9-10, then 12-1 then 2-3, or no 9-10 and just the other two. Then Thursday it's 9-1 straight, Friday it's 9-12, 2-3, 4-5.

We didn't do any animal unit stuff until the second term, then we had like 4 practicals down there(like 2hrs, diff animals each time).

You can always volunteer to help out in the animal unit though, especially if you live on-site since that makes doing that a lot easier.

Okay, thanks very much :smile: 9-1 sounds killer though!
Okay, thanks very much :smile: 9-1 sounds killer though!

Yeah. I mean we change rooms at 11 but still...:biggrin:
Yeah. I mean we change rooms at 11 but still...:biggrin:

Haha, I don't think that would make it much better :O One last question - what has been your favourite module so far? :smile:
Haha, I don't think that would make it much better :O One last question - what has been your favourite module so far? :smile:

Probably behaviour or biodiversity, though our biodiversity lecturer went on maternity leave and I didn't like the replacement as she seemed unsure in what she was saying and sort of made it boring when I know it should have been interesting.

Also anatomy & physiology if you have Chris Royle as your lecturer, he's really funny and tries to make even pretty dull things interesting. It's probably the harder module though, especially because at the end of the year it's four 25 mark questions. I have it on Monday and I'm not looking forward to it...:s-smilie:
Probably behaviour or biodiversity, though our biodiversity lecturer went on maternity leave and I didn't like the replacement as she seemed unsure in what she was saying and sort of made it boring when I know it should have been interesting.

Also anatomy & physiology if you have Chris Royle as your lecturer, he's really funny and tries to make even pretty dull things interesting. It's probably the harder module though, especially because at the end of the year it's four 25 mark questions. I have it on Monday and I'm not looking forward to it...:s-smilie:

I am looking forward to behaviour :smile:

Aha that sounds good :smile: Though four 25 mark questions...not so good :/
I am looking forward to behaviour :smile:

Aha that sounds good :smile: Though four 25 mark questions...not so good :/

yeah though he's ok if you want to sort of bullet point the facts and not put it in essay format. :smile:
yeah though he's ok if you want to sort of bullet point the facts and not put it in essay format. :smile:

That's not so bad then! Though four in a row still sounds awful :P
That's not so bad then! Though four in a row still sounds awful :P

Yeah. He does tell you out of the module which 8 topics the 8 questions are about(just not showing you the exact question) and since you have to answer four, you could revise 4, or to play it safe revise 6 or something in case you don't like how the question is phrased.

I'm not feeling confident now as I've been focusing on other exams which has paid off, but now personal things mean I really have no motivation to learn...:frown:
Yeah. He does tell you out of the module which 8 topics the 8 questions are about(just not showing you the exact question) and since you have to answer four, you could revise 4, or to play it safe revise 6 or something in case you don't like how the question is phrased.

I'm not feeling confident now as I've been focusing on other exams which has paid off, but now personal things mean I really have no motivation to learn...:frown:

Oh that doesn't sound too bad :smile: I don't think I'd feel confident unless I did revise at least 5 or 6 out of the 8 though, in that situation :P

Glad that work for other exams has paid off but sorry to hear that personal things are getting in the way :/ Hope things improve soon!
Oh that doesn't sound too bad :smile: I don't think I'd feel confident unless I did revise at least 5 or 6 out of the 8 though, in that situation :P

Glad that work for other exams has paid off but sorry to hear that personal things are getting in the way :/ Hope things improve soon!

Yeah I've learnt one. 5 more to go haha. Yeah well I sort of got a bomb shell dropped on me yesterday night, I just wish it had been left until Monday night.:frown:
Yeah I've learnt one. 5 more to go haha. Yeah well I sort of got a bomb shell dropped on me yesterday night, I just wish it had been left until Monday night.:frown:

Oh dear :frown: Good luck with learning more then!
Oh dear :frown: Good luck with learning more then!

Yeah. Well so far I'm on a high 2:1, maybe a first. So if it really goes badly I think they'd let me have a re-take, I know people who are having to re-take multiple things already.
Yeah. Well so far I'm on a high 2:1, maybe a first. So if it really goes badly I think they'd let me have a re-take, I know people who are having to re-take multiple things already.

Well the main thing is doing well so far :smile: And I'm sure one retake would be fine :P Good luckkk!
Reply 35
Original post by InkedDragon20
Hey, im hopefully starting wildlife conservation in october and im trying to decide what accomodation to choose, any recomendations would be helpful as i dont know much about the quality of the accomodation :smile:

Original post by Omg..
im doing wildlife conservation as well.
ive booked the brackenhurst halls :smile:

Good course choices, plus brack halls ROCK, the en suite is awesome. The internet has improved so much this year. If you've read reports that the internet wasn't that great, its so much better than it was, it works even at peak times, can't load a youtube video but you can get onto facebook! xD

Well done mate!... :smile: I'm on a low 2:2 at the moment. :frown: Thankfully doesn't take first year into consideration!.. summer is going to be full of practice assignments, exams and background reading.. need to get a 1st myself for future study!.. My average for this year is 51% minus exams (other than biodiversity & animal handling)

I only need to retake biodiversity though. Fluffed that one up big time. :frown:

- Good luck with anatomy & physiology exam today mate...
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 36
Original post by jammy66
Good course choices, plus brack halls ROCK, the en suite is awesome. The internet has improved so much this year. If you've read reports that the internet wasn't that great, its so much better than it was, it works even at peak times, can't load a youtube video but you can get onto facebook! xD

Well done mate!... :smile: I'm on a low 2:2 at the moment. :frown: Thankfully doesn't take first year into consideration!.. summer is going to be full of practice assignments, exams and background reading.. need to get a 1st myself for future study!.. My average for this year is 51% minus exams (other than biodiversity & animal handling)

I only need to retake biodiversity though. Fluffed that one up big time. :frown:

- Good luck with anatomy & physiology exam today mate...

ohh relief. i was getting worried about all this internet hassle. i didnt want to be in good accommodation spending my time stressing over why the internet in not working.. but glad things have improved :smile:
what course was you doing?

How did it go today? :smile:
Reply 38
Original post by Omg..
ohh relief. i was getting worried about all this internet hassle. i didnt want to be in good accommodation spending my time stressing over why the internet in not working.. but glad things have improved :smile:
what course was you doing?

:smile: yeah im not surprised i was tbh, it's really nice the net has improved! best it can be tbh!! :smile:..

Im doing BSc Wildlife Conservation! :biggrin:
Reply 39
Original post by jammy66
:smile: yeah im not surprised i was tbh, it's really nice the net has improved! best it can be tbh!! :smile:..

Im doing BSc Wildlife Conservation! :biggrin:

Great news :smile:

Ooyahh.. theres quite a few people on here who are doing thatcourse, im so excited for the course and just the whole uni experience :yy:
what accommodation you staying in?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending