Woo payday next week. Still don't know if I'm getting a bonus or not though >_>

why wouldnt you??
Reply 8441
Original post by inksplodge
why wouldnt you??

Keep forgetting to ask/check lol
Original post by FXX
Keep forgetting to ask/check lol

but surely you'd get it any way? :confused:!
Reply 8443
but surely you'd get it any way? :confused:!

I don't know what (if any) of the measures our store has passed this year... I know we were close to failing after the second to last period but that's all
Original post by FXX
I don't know what (if any) of the measures our store has passed this year... I know we were close to failing after the second to last period but that's all

Ditto to not knowing if the store is getting the bonus. No one has mentioned it at all.

Just wondering - my store opened 6 months into the financial year. Does that affect the bonus at all?
Reply 8445
Original post by triiden
Easy way i found is to just zone out. Get into a really deep thought about something and just make the basic customer service responses (How many bags did you reuse?, Do you have a nectar card? etc) come naturally. I did a 6 hour shift which seemed to go by in about 1hour 1/2.

I zone out so much :colondollar:
Original post by kittycake
I had my interview today, does anybody know how much you have to get right on the dvd test to pass it?

100%
^serious?...
no idea how it works to be fair!
ok, worth asking. i reallly hope i get it, fingers crossed!
Reply 8450
Hey guys, I need a bit of help

I plan to quit soon and I know the notice period is 4 weeks. What I want to know is, I have a week holiday booked so can I work 3 works prior to my week holiday and include the holiday in my notice period, how would I word it? (I dc if i get paid for the holiday weekor not I just wanna leave)
Original post by c101
Hey guys, I need a bit of help

I plan to quit soon and I know the notice period is 4 weeks. What I want to know is, I have a week holiday booked so can I work 3 works prior to my week holiday and include the holiday in my notice period, how would I word it? (I dc if i get paid for the holiday weekor not I just wanna leave)

I can't see why it would be a problem, especially as the holiday is already booked.
I just stated the date I was handing in my notice and that I would be finishing exactly four weeks later, with a very brief reason as to why I was resigning. I imagine you could do exactly the same. If you wanted to mention that one of those notice-period weeks were a holiday, you can but it shouldn't make a difference. :smile:

I really wish I could book leave to shortened my notice period time but they wouldn't let me book anything [before I quit] until September! Everything I asked for before then, including my graduation and the day before my biggest exam, they said 'no' to. :frown:

I've still got three weeks to work. A 4 week notice period is really long! :frown:
Does anyone know how I would about joining the ssa? Got a day out with colleagues coming up :smile: thanks
Original post by vampireweekend93
Does anyone know how I would about joining the ssa? Got a day out with colleagues coming up :smile: thanks

get a form :smile: we have loads in our canteen
Original post by affinity89
I can't see why it would be a problem, especially as the holiday is already booked.
I just stated the date I was handing in my notice and that I would be finishing exactly four weeks later, with a very brief reason as to why I was resigning. I imagine you could do exactly the same. If you wanted to mention that one of those notice-period weeks were a holiday, you can but it shouldn't make a difference. :smile:

I really wish I could book leave to shortened my notice period time but they wouldn't let me book anything [before I quit] until September! Everything I asked for before then, including my graduation and the day before my biggest exam, they said 'no' to. :frown:

I've still got three weeks to work. A 4 week notice period is really long! :frown:

that's stupid. :frown: i don't want to give 4 weeks notice >_< if i get this job i have gone for they want me to start right away and it means i'd be working 57 hours a week. guh.

Just leave! Some things are worth more than money.
that's stupid. :frown: i don't want to give 4 weeks notice >_< if i get this job i have gone for they want me to start right away and it means i'd be working 57 hours a week. guh.

I agree. At my last job, I only had to give 1 week! 4 weeks is a crazy long time, especially when you - and by 'you' I mean 'me' lol - are only a checkout assistant! Plus, it means that I have to work all through my exams, as I couldn't get any holidays approved. :/

On the upside, I am getting out at the right time I think. Things are getting worse. Our department manager has now banned overtime and said the department will have to manage on skeletal staff levels as they won't take anyone else on. :confused: Plus, he is waging war against water bottles. It is such a little thing but if you end up on a checkout for 6+ hours, it is really tough on your voice/throat so a sip of water can be really helpful. :redface:

Good luck with this new job. Will it finally mean you can get off silly nights? :smile:
Original post by morris743
Just leave! Some things are worth more than money.

Oh I'll work my notice. Partly for the money, as I am desperately trying to gather some to fund my postgrad next year, but mainly because I want a decent reference and I don't want to drop people in it.

Of course, I am not ruling out possibly missing my very last shift though. That is the one I desperately wanted off. Knowing me, I will work it but the option not to is there I suppose. :colondollar:
Oh I'll work my notice. Partly for the money, as I am desperately trying to gather some to fund my postgrad next year, but mainly because I want a decent reference and I don't want to drop people in it.

Of course, I am not ruling out possibly missing my very last shift though. That is the one I desperately wanted off. Knowing me, I will work it but the option not to is there I suppose. :colondollar:

why dont you swap it?

Start up a short-term business to come up with the funds required?

A reference from Sainsbury's isn't exactly an amazing reference, whatever they say in it.

Ok. Just so you know it is an option, there if you want it :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending