The Student Room Group

Cambridge 2011 Freshers Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Eek I'm a new member!
Any Geographers, or anyone for Newnham?
Reply 1661
Original post by millie
Haha okay :smile: there are a load of us. Here is our FB group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_142530855812205&notif_t=group_activity

Woe is me! I don't use facebook!

Should I start? What actually goes on there? I should probably mention at this point that I'm one of those rabid people who tries to make friends with everyone I think I'm going to meet before term starts.
Reply 1662
Original post by 30160775
Woe is me! I don't use facebook!

Should I start? What actually goes on there? I should probably mention at this point that I'm one of those rabid people who tries to make friends with everyone I think I'm going to meet before term starts.

That is pretty much what the group is for and what most people there are doing. We also trade college info and chat about subjects etc. Oh and most importantly we have BANTER!
Reply 1663
Another medic here too. Any one going to sidney? I've heard literally nothing about accomodation, freshers etc :frown:
Original post by millie
That is pretty much what the group is for and what most people there are doing. We also trade college info and chat about subjects etc. Oh and most importantly we have BANTER!

And by banter, you mean scaring the new members, right? D:
Original post by timsquirrell

If you were speaking to 1st year cambridge medics you would be really scared!!
Reply 1666
Original post by timsquirrell

LOL I tried to +rep you but apparently I have rated you recently. Interesting...
Reply 1667
Original post by Polymer
Another medic here too. Any one going to sidney? I've heard literally nothing about accomodation, freshers etc :frown:

I love your username! I once wanted to call myself PROTEIN.

I got an open offer so maybe I'll end up with you hahaha. But I'm not going to hear which college will take me until August.
Reply 1668
Original post by Polymer

I'm hopefully off to Sidney next year as well, and I've heard nothing either. They must sort it out in August.
Reply 1669
I got an open offer so maybe I'll end up with you hahaha. But I'm not going to hear which college will take me until August.

Really? :O
So how does that work? Is that at undergraduate level?

Original post by Zuzuzu
I'm hopefully off to Sidney next year as well, and I've heard nothing either. They must sort it out in August.

They probably wait till they know exactly who has met their offer etc.
Don't worry :smile:
Reply 1670
Original post by Polymer

Hi, I'll be a sidney vet (if the exams go ok =S). I've not heard anything about accommodation either, I think it'll come through after cambridge gets our exam results.
Reply 1671

Finally someone else with an open offer! Have you heard much since the offer letter?
:hi:
Reply 1673
Original post by Seham

Im also a medicine offer holder, and I already have my a-levels so im just waiting until October!

Good luck to everyone sitting exams, you'll all probably do fine :wink:
Reply 1674
Woo more medics!! :biggrin: have people joined the fb group? :smile: x
Reply 1675
Original post by kpatb
Really? :O
So how does that work? Is that at undergraduate level?

It's at undergraduate level. Medicine open offers were just introduced this year- they give you an offer without a college. You're guaranteed a place in the course if you meet their conditions and come August, you're just put into a college which has a vacancy.

Original post by rf1993
Finally someone else with an open offer! Have you heard much since the offer letter?

I seem to have filled in over 9000 forms, but it's mainly CRB check and trying to give them my A level results, hep B things etc, not the really vital stuff like accomodation. If you're on the fb group and look in the who's in what college list under Open Offer, I'm The Other One ^^ remember to say hi!

Original post by Betsss
Woo more medics!! :biggrin: have people joined the fb group? :smile: x

This thread has been invaded by medics! Not that I mind heehee ^^ yes we should have some TSR roll call to see who's who!
Original post by AliceKate93

Original post by AliceKate93
Eek I'm a new member!
Any Geographers, or anyone for Newnham?

Hey, I'm a first year Newnhamite at the moment, (not Geography though!). Any specific college information or generally Cambridge-y stuff then feel free to ask :smile:
Arghhhhhh I have the exam I need an A* in on Monday...:o:o thought I'd vent my stress here! Anyone else worried about meeting offers??
Reply 1678
Original post by magicalyoghurt
Arghhhhhh I have the exam I need an A* in on Monday...:o:o thought I'd vent my stress here! Anyone else worried about meeting offers??

I'm not so much worried about my offer, I'm just worried I'll do REALLY badly because I've been lacking any motivation over the past few months.

Which exam is it? Have you done any modules in the exam already?
I'm sure you will do fine! Good luck!
Original post by magicalyoghurt

For me, it's really physics but I have decided to go on the idea of Positive thinking! :biggrin: :woo: :jebus: :grin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending