The Student Room Group

AQA BIOL1 Biology Unit 1 Exam - 16th May 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 440
Original post by whiskeyinthejar
Would just like to wish everyone luck for tomorrow, don't panic when they inevitably ask us something we haven't been taught as such- read the question and use the knowledge you do have!

This will be the 3rd time I've sat unit 1, 3rd time lucky eh?!

Sup 3rd time buddy. I just want an A in this :frown:
Reply 441
Original post by emmaaa65
whats the chemical used for the buiret test? is it copper(II) sulfate? or am i thinking of benedicts?

they both use copper (ii) sulphate
check this out for the HSW questions. It might help some of you
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=31420645
How's everyone feeling about it now ?
Reply 444
Original post by RoadRunner
How's everyone feeling about it now ?

scared. whether i get an A or not completely depends on the paper. fingers crossed it's easy and the ums is insanely low and the guy who marks my paper is generous.

how're you feeling?
Reply 445
Even though I know that I know most of the topics I am still feeling awful about the exam! I just panic as soon as I see the questions and make stupid mistakes. Exam questions it is for the rest of the evening...
Reply 446
Original post by nicollade
Even though I know that I know most of the topics I am still feeling awful about the exam! I just panic as soon as I see the questions and make stupid mistakes. Exam questions it is for the rest of the evening...

couldnt agree more! :frown:
Reply 447
people are saying the 5 mark questions are gonna be about immunity and stuff! i am soo crap on that..our teacher is rubbish for that topic!
soo could anyone help me by giving me the main aspects of what could be included??? pleaseee thanks! :biggrin:
Original post by DoaaK
scared. whether i get an A or not completely depends on the paper. fingers crossed it's easy and the ums is insanely low and the guy who marks my paper is generous.

how're you feeling?

Ahhhh im sure you will be okay though just take your time and think ! Nervous very nervous, just never know if i have put like the right stupid simple facts/obvious things or not ..... :/
Original post by Tinkle
people are saying the 5 mark questions are gonna be about immunity and stuff! i am soo crap on that..our teacher is rubbish for that topic!
soo could anyone help me by giving me the main aspects of what could be included??? pleaseee thanks! :biggrin:

Possibly ask you describe the humoral response / cell mediated response etc as in the steps involved, t cells, macrophages porferins etc

Or how they differ?
Reply 450
just waiting for tomorrow.....will anyone post the paper we do tomorrow? im gnna post chem1 with solutions next week =) (no arsey)

the posts on this thread literally doubled today....imagine tomorrow -_-
Can anyone give me a rough outline on what the paper could be about tomorrow?
Reply 452
I would expect them to not have a lengthy question for the 5 marker as it is usually only a sentence long. It could be something like "Describe how B cells respond when they are stimulated by antigens". (This is from the AQA text book and is only a 4 mark question but should give you the general idea of the detail required). The mark scheme says:

B cells divide by mitosis/form a clone,
Develop into plasma cells,
Produce/ secrete antibody,
Form memory cells.

I hope that helps with the kind of detail needed :smile:
Good luck tomorrow! :biggrin:
Yeah i find the best way to answer is think about it in simple little steps for the 5 marks, describe each step with a simple sentence, as thats how it is in the mark scheme :smile:

Yeah good luck everyone :smile:
Original post by Wick3d
Can anyone give me a rough outline on what the paper could be about tomorrow?

Im thinking immunity T cells B cells, probably something about the structure of epithelial cells ( lysosomes, ER, Nucleus). Cholera and digestion
Reply 455
oo thank yyou!! makes soo much more sense now! i feel less stressed! i have two exams tomorrow! ahh kill me now! :frown:
Does anyone know how to do question 4.c.iii) and 5.b) from the Jan 11 paper? :frown: Thanks! :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 457
Do you think they could ever give a 5 marker on the steps of ultracentrifugation?
Reply 458
Maybe at a stretch, if you include describing why you place the thing you're ultracentrifuging into isotonic and ice cold solutions etc.
Reply 459
Original post by Sparkly-Star
Does anyone know how to do question 4.c.ii) and 5.a) from the Jan 11 paper? :frown: Thanks! :smile:

4cii? you've just gotta know that triglycerides have 3 fatty acids and 1 glycerol

5a! wow aqa are so mean! I wrote sodium chloride but they wanted you to write water or sodium chloride solution?!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending