The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm getting really upset. The Doctor's Wife was probably the best episode of this series, but I haven't really been blown away by any of them. :cry:
Original post by Bobifier
In all fairness, that's still fewer times than we've seen the doctor die :wink:

To be honest, I think Rory dying is kind of like a balancing mechanism - since Amy spends all of every other episode trying to get it off with the Doctor, they have to throw in the odd opportunity for her to show how much she still loves Rory.

But 'in all fairness', Rory has been around for seventeen episodes. He has under a 3:1 episode to death ratio.
There does seem to be something where they try and find as many ways to kill Rory without him actually dying :p: new way in spoiler:

Spoiler

Is it wrong that all I want is for Amy and the doctor to ****?
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
This wasn't ever explained either. He's looking directly at River. He knows something.

What's this in relation to? Which ep?

Also, you keep saying 'click the spot behind his home planet'. What spot? What home planet? I must have watched the clip at least 10 times but have NO idea what you are on about. Any luck finding the password & user for the link btw?
Original post by BookWormShanti
What's this in relation to? Which ep?

Also, you keep saying 'click the spot behind his home planet'. What spot? What home planet? I must have watched the clip at least 10 times but have NO idea what you are on about. Any luck finding the password & user for the link btw?

The full stop after gallifrey in the website is the link to the video :tongue:

And the website doesnt exist and thus the uname password thing is irrelevant because it works with anything and not just lonelyassassins.
Original post by cambo211
The full stop after gallifrey in the website is the link to the video :tongue:

And the website doesnt exist and thus the uname password thing is irrelevant because it works with anything and not just lonelyassassins.

Oh I did that...
I thought there was ANOTHER thing you clicked on when you arrived at the lonely assasins page to reach the page which the password thingy? So there's not?
Original post by BookWormShanti
Oh I did that...
I thought there was ANOTHER thing you clicked on when you arrived at the lonely assasins page to reach the page which the password thingy? So there's not?

Nahh.

Analaysis lessons is just an anagram of Lonely Assassins but the lonely assassins thing someone linked to in here is irrelevant because anything after that link gives you the same page with username and password box.
Original post by cambo211
Nahh.

Analaysis lessons is just an anagram of Lonely Assassins but the lonely assassins thing someone linked to in here is irrelevant because anything after that link gives you the same page with username and password box.

Kay, thanks for clearing that up :h:
The "crimson, 11, delight, the smell of dust after rain" line was emphasised way too much to be a throwaway line - especially with Doctor No. 11 etc.

One thing that puzzled me about yesterdays' episode:
When they run to the junkyard, The Doctor uses his sonic screwdriver but it has a blue light instead of its usual green (similar to 10th's screwdriver)...

Also my speculation regarding several clues, some of which others have said already (I'll tuck it inside a spoiler tag, but it's only guessing):

Spoiler

Whew, long post.
My theory on the little girl is (spoilers just in case)

Spoiler

Original post by Bella Occhi

Spoiler

GOOD! I love rory :smile:
Original post by Fumblenuts91

You missed a couple, he was vaporised in the pirate one. He drowned then amy resuscitated him. Also wasn't rory dead again when amy pulled the oods beard/tentacle things.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by MadnessRed
You missed a couple, he was vaporised in the pirate one. He drowned then amy resuscitated him. Also wasn't rory dead again when amy pulled the oods beard/tentacle things.

It says drowned in the gif and he was just knocked down I think.
What's the general consensus on the "crimson, 11, delight, smell of dust after rain" business. Clearly an important line but I can't make any sense of it. :cry:

This wasn't ever explained either. He's looking directly at River. He knows something.

Where's this from?
(edited 12 years ago)
"The only water in the forest is River."

Okay, River Song noted. What about Pond?
Never seen the blue light. Will need to watch again.

If you want to jump straight to it:http://www.bbc.co.uk/i/b011884d/?t=22m55s It's only for a few seconds.
(edited 12 years ago)
petrichor : [From petro- (rock), from Greek petros (stone) + ichor (the fluid that is supposed to flow in the veins of the gods in Greek mythology).

Significant, or am I just speculating like a Deathly Hallows pro?
Original post by Rascacielos
What's the general consensus on the "crimson, 11, delight, smell of dust after rain" business. Clearly an important line but I can't make any sense of it. :cry:

Where's this from?

Picture is from the end of The Day of the Moon.

Original post by DocTARDIS
If you want to jump straight to it:http://www.bbc.co.uk/i/b011884d/?t=22m55s It's only for a few seconds.

Great spot! :eek:
Original post by Tasneemo
petrichor : [From petro- (rock), from Greek petros (stone) + ichor (the fluid that is supposed to flow in the veins of the gods in Greek mythology).

Significant, or am I just speculating like a Deathly Hallows pro?

Another Greek reference then?

Omega anyone?

------------------
Just remembered reason I even came on here.

How did Nephew (Ood) get onto the Tardis?
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest