The Student Room Group

AQA BIOL1 Biology Unit 1 Exam - 16th May 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 540
So what time are you all revising till tonight? I dont know what time is 'too late'...
Btw, Jan11 had Emphysema do you think they will have it again this year as a 5 marker?
8 :biggrin: Been reading since 11, With regular breaks. Gotta get a nice sleep :biggrin:
Original post by Abby :)
So what time are you all revising till tonight? I dont know what time is 'too late'...

The earlier you sleep the better. cause it will take a lot of energy to figure out their style of questionning and so i reckon ~10 is fine any earlier if you think you are ready. Casue if you get up early you can go over it all one last time
Reply 544
Original post by Abby :)

It's better to get a good nights sleep and wake up early about 6ish to just go over the notes and skim read the mark schemes and past papers. Go to sleep about 10ish. That's what I'm doing anyway.
Reply 545
Original post by BeejTheone
Btw, Jan11 had Emphysema do you think they will have it again this year as a 5 marker?

Probably not. But there is still a very small chance of it being there so better to make sure than be sorry you never revised it.
Reply 546

doubtfulllll.
Reply 547
Original post by ThatsJustTooBad
****ting my pants. I got a C in january but need an A for the course I want to do in the summer. Does anyone else think Jan11 was just a really hard paper?

My prediction for the last two questions (I guessed right for Jan11 question) is that they will be on either 'Transport in the cell'- so like diffusion, co-transporters etc.
Or... I think it will be on the cardiac cycle- that awful diagram of pressure and volume in different parts of the heart.

Good Luck people!

Yeah, I'm in the same position. Got a C in Jan11 NEED a A. Hopefully all goes well revised my ass off.
Reply 548
Original post by ThatsJustTooBad
****ting my pants. I got a C in january but need an A for the course I want to do in the summer. Does anyone else think Jan11 was just a really hard paper?

My prediction for the last two questions (I guessed right for Jan11 question) is that they will be on either 'Transport in the cell'- so like diffusion, co-transporters etc.
Or... I think it will be on the cardiac cycle- that awful diagram of pressure and volume in different parts of the heart.

Good Luck people!

the cardiac cycle is hard :l but i'm sure the heart and some kind of immune system will be a 5 marker.

incase they make us label when valves open and close just remember it goes, av closes, sv opens, sv closes, av opens
Anybody know how to do question 4a on January 2009 paper?
Ive never seen fibrosis or asthma as a 5 marker in any of the past papers I've done.. Im guessing they might have it this time
Can someone please help me out with what happens when

a) A pathogen produces toxins in the humour of the body. (5) <--- humoural response
b) A virus takes over a host cell. (5) <--- Cell mediated response

Thanks guys :smile:
Reply 552
Im in Yr 13 resitting this, so i did the Jan 10 paper. Personally i think that was a really hard paper haaha. xD But i got a C. Ill be happy with a B, but im praying for an A. xD
Reply 553
5 marker for cardiac cycle (seeing how much i know):

SAN acts as the pacemaker of the heart; initates the heart; is myogenic
sends out wave of electrical activity across both atria, causing them to contract;
AVN delays, allowing ventricles to fill before they contract;
wave of electrical activity is sent to bundle of his;
which causes ventricles to contract from base upwards? !?!?
Reply 554
Ive never seen fibrosis or asthma as a 5 marker in any of the past papers I've done.. Im guessing they might have it this time

They did a lung disease question on the Jan11 paper so I doubt it.
Original post by EffKayy
5 marker for cardiac cycle (seeing how much i know):

SAN acts as the pacemaker of the heart; initates the heart; is myogenic
sends out wave of electrical activity across both atria, causing them to contract;
AVN delays, allowing ventricles to fill before they contract;
wave of electrical activity is sent to bundle of his;
which causes ventricles to contract from base upwards? !?!?

Purkinje fibers. From the apex of heart.
Original post by tjmcerlean
Can someone please help me out with what happens when

a) A pathogen produces toxins in the humour of the body. (5) <--- humoural response
b) A virus takes over a host cell. (5) <--- Cell mediated response

Thanks guys :smile:

check post 477 of this thread. I think it might help
Reply 557
is there jan 2011 AQA unit 1
and june 2010 unit 1? :/ could someone attach them to me please
Reply 558
im resitting this dammed module for the 50th time!!! i got a feeling the 5 marker may be about the cell membrane structure...but knowing AQA...8-)
Original post by reaperguy
check post 477 of this thread. I think it might help

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending