The Student Room Group

The A Level Spanish Revision Thread- Summer 2011

Hola Todos!

How are you going to be revising for the listening/reading/writing exam in the summer?

I've created this thread so that we can give each other revision tips, notes, advice etc.

Buena Suerte!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by thesilvermagnolia
Hola Todos!

How are you going to be revising for the listening/reading/writing exam in the summer?

I've created this thread so that we can give each other revision tips, notes, advice etc.

Buena Suerte!

i was just on here looking for help for my spanish AS and I saw your post and your UCAS offers... (exactly what I want to do incidently, and the same unis) and i saw you got into the nottingham course, wow, congratulations! if it's the same as it is for my year (i'm applying in september) it's only a 6 place course, so that's amazing!!
just wanted to congratulate you
Original post by cerrr
i was just on here looking for help for my spanish AS and I saw your post and your UCAS offers... (exactly what I want to do incidently, and the same unis) and i saw you got into the nottingham course, wow, congratulations! if it's the same as it is for my year (i'm applying in september) it's only a 6 place course, so that's amazing!!
just wanted to congratulate you

Yeah, its 6 places! Thank you so much :smile:
How are you finding AS?

x
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3
Yeah, its 6 places! Thank you so much :smile:
How are you finding AS?

x

alright, I'm finding revision the hardest, I don't know how to revise at all, so even though I love Spanish and don't find it too difficult, I still feel unprepared.
Any tips for me?
And also for when it comes to applying? I really want to do English and Spanish :smile:
for the listening section, don't just do practice listening tests...make sure that you do general listening as well...I find that listening to Spanish radio online helps train your ear...also music and films :smile:
For the reading, reaaaally make sure that you know your vocab! Even if it still means you don't understand the full phrase...the more you know the better, and you can make educated guesses! For the writing, structure structure structure! Make sure your argument is logical...don't put information in any old order, make sure you spend time planning to start with! Practice lots of grammar exercises too!

Grammar:

http://www.studyspanish.com/verbs/
http://www.ver-taal.com/

TV:

www.seriesyonkis.com

Radio:

http://www.rtve.es/radio/

In terms of tips for applying...all i can really say is to make sure you visit ALL your choices before making a decision...make sure you get to see the accommodation and apply as early as possible :smile:

Hope that helps :smile: x
Reply 5
Thank you so so much :smile: You've really helped.
Good luck in your exams and the future.. who knows maybe I'll see you in Birmingham :tongue:
good luck to all of you guys taking the exam.
I have unit 4 the 23rd of june, already done the speaking exam :P
Original post by cerrr
Thank you so so much :smile: You've really helped.
Good luck in your exams and the future.. who knows maybe I'll see you in Birmingham :tongue:

No worries :smile:
Indeeeed! Just get your head down, enjoy it, and you will get there :smile:
Buena Suerte!
Original post by areyousure?
good luck to all of you guys taking the exam.
I have unit 4 the 23rd of june, already done the speaking exam :P

Same :P
We had our speaking on 6th April...
How are you revising for the written exam? I'm feeling a bit lost lol :rolleyes:
Reply 9
Love how there's what, one past paper? Why can't Spanish be maths haha.

I'm going to be writing the essay on Andalucia. it truly will be where boys become men.

Sitting the AS exam tomorrow to build on 118/140! I'm just on the A at AS. would love the A overall.
Original post by greebo-man
Love how there's what, one past paper? Why can't Spanish be maths haha.

I'm going to be writing the essay on Andalucia. it truly will be where boys become men.

Sitting the AS exam tomorrow to build on 118/140! I'm just on the A at AS. would love the A overall.

haha! I know! Its ridiculous :frown:
I'm writing my essay on the Government of Argentina between 1946-55 lol
I REALLY need to do well this year...I'm not happy with last years result!
How are you revising for the A2 written exam? x
haha! I know! Its ridiculous :frown:
I'm writing my essay on the Government of Argentina between 1946-55 lol
I REALLY need to do well this year...I'm not happy with last years result!
How are you revising for the A2 written exam? x

With A2 the reading and listening are nothing new, regular practise should set us in good stead.
The translations, I guess, are where I'm focusing most; the mark schemes are so harsh. literal translations are a total no go, but deviate too far from what's written and you'll lose the mark... and of course, never forget that personal 'a'!

very admirable choice of topic! I know i'm going to have to embellish what I know about Andalucia to make it stand out. all its main talking points; immigration, climate, su identidad propia... all a bit generic.

What did you get last year? What do you need? x
With A2 the reading and listening are nothing new, regular practise should set us in good stead.
The translations, I guess, are where I'm focusing most; the mark schemes are so harsh. literal translations are a total no go, but deviate too far from what's written and you'll lose the mark... and of course, never forget that personal 'a'!

very admirable choice of topic! I know i'm going to have to embellish what I know about Andalucia to make it stand out. all its main talking points; immigration, climate, su identidad propia... all a bit generic.

What did you get last year? What do you need? x

We were all given the same topic to make it easier to teach... :s-smilie: hmm lol
Last year I got a low A in my speaking, and a C (grrrr) in my written...giving me a C overall, two UMS from a B! I need a B overall....so I need to get 142 this year, as 140 is a B :/ mehh I'm seriously doubting myself! I really need to study the mark schemes because the answers I give are generally right, just not what the examiners are looking for! :mad: My listening was perfect last year, reading not far off....I must have lost the marks in the writing! I really need to get my grammar up to scratch! You?
We were all given the same topic to make it easier to teach... :s-smilie: hmm lol
Last year I got a low A in my speaking, and a C (grrrr) in my written...giving me a C overall, two UMS from a B! I need a B overall....so I need to get 142 this year, as 140 is a B :/ mehh I'm seriously doubting myself! I really need to study the mark schemes because the answers I give are generally right, just not what the examiners are looking for! :mad: My listening was perfect last year, reading not far off....I must have lost the marks in the writing! I really need to get my grammar up to scratch! You?

I was 43 in the listening :colondollar: and 105 in the reading first time round. brought the reading up to 118 in jan but still not satisfied! kinda feels like cheating retaking so many times.
my offer's AAB so I'm shooting for AAA. the fact that if I get AAA manchester give me a very handsome bursary renders spanish of such importance now. hoping to get 130+ tomorrow. we'll see eh.

How come you didn't retake unit 1? it's a shame not to. really, if a school wanted to maximise language grades they could enter students for all 4 exams in summer of year 13. my spanish is sooo much better than a year ago.
I was 43 in the listening :colondollar: and 105 in the reading first time round. brought the reading up to 118 in jan but still not satisfied! kinda feels like cheating retaking so many times.
my offer's AAB so I'm shooting for AAA. the fact that if I get AAA manchester give me a very handsome bursary renders spanish of such importance now. hoping to get 130+ tomorrow. we'll see eh.

How come you didn't retake unit 1? it's a shame not to. really, if a school wanted to maximise language grades they could enter students for all 4 exams in summer of year 13. my spanish is sooo much better than a year ago.

I would have retaken it, but our college didn't mention the resit forms....and when they did, they were only letting a handful of people retake :s-smilie: The people who got D's and lower :frown: Not fair at all really....I'm just gonna have to really up my game this time round!
Same :P
We had our speaking on 6th April...
How are you revising for the written exam? I'm feeling a bit lost lol :rolleyes:

Sorry, Spanish is my mother-tongue language so I don't revise for it. I do know, that the non Spanish people in my year do many essays and then the teacher corrects them. Practice makes perfect. good luck
Reply 16
Kerboodle is a god gift.
I'm stressing out about my exam now though.
Hey AQA gang how are we feeling about thursday?
hey aqa gang how are we feeling about thursday?

dreadful.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending