The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Glee Society... No Future Spoilers

Scroll to see replies

Love this version :love:

Original post by e hine e
After watching a Rent behind the scenes video I've decided Telly would have made a nice Blaine for Kurt.

That is all.

Maybe they could have a Wurt relationship in season 3 before Kurt has to decide between them?

Wes would be a good Blaine! I can't imagine anyone other than Darren as Blaine now though! I think he'd be just as good to be honest but I don't know if he could pull off Blaine's inappropriate songs and his crazy faces and all his billions of weird layers... actually he probably could! Stop making me think about it because I think Wes!Blaine and Kurt would be stupidly hot!

e hine e... they got NICK FRIGGING JONAS to play Marius. You can't get worse than that. Total stunt casting if I've ever seen it. His voice isn't strong enough at all and it was just embarrassing seeing him amongst the amazing West End stars. So yeah, I think Chris Colfer would be fantastic considering that he can actually sing and he can actually act! :tongue: Though Marius is wasted on every actor, he's so boring and wet and weedy! I want Chris as Enjolras! :biggrin: Just because I can't stand Marius and don't understand why ANYONE loves him haha!

You know what I think would be fanastic? I read a fic where Rachel and Kurt were competing by singing all 3 parts in 'Not Getting Married Today'. It's such an impossibly hard song I'm desperate to see it. Chris would rock it because he could do the soprano bit if they lowered it a bit, he could do Paul and would be an amazing Amy!
I'm posting this because Sondheim is epic and I can't describe how much I want to murder Paul and the soprano. I love the Amy in this.

and this is how it SHOULD be done! God, I'm such a horrible snob!

Of course, Ryan Murphy would never do it because musical theatre doesn't sell well as it is and Sondheim is an aquired taste but Company is one of his more accessible musicals and the music isn't *as* difficult as Sweeney or ALNM and **** it would be amazing!

And when the hell are they going to get Bernadette Peters on Glee? I don't want Anne Hathaway, I want Bernie!

Why aren't I the musical director for Glee?
Love this version :love:

I love it too! To be honest, I just love the song regardless of who's singing it. But I accidentally watched a high school version and it was SO **** I couldn't believe it. So as long as high schoolers aren't caterwauling and calling it singing, it's fine!
I've walked out of so many performances at school because they've hurt my ears. I think I have perfect pitch because I can hear tiny bits of off-key...ness other people can't discern but I have no real proof for that theory haha! I think this is the most Rachel Berry esque thing I've ever said in my life. :blush:
Original post by diamonddust
Wes would be a good Blaine! I can't imagine anyone other than Darren as Blaine now though! I think he'd be just as good to be honest but I don't know if he could pull off Blaine's inappropriate songs and his crazy faces and all his billions of weird layers... actually he probably could! Stop making me think about it because I think Wes!Blaine and Kurt would be stupidly hot!

e hine e... they got NICK FRIGGING JONAS to play Marius. You can't get worse than that. Total stunt casting if I've ever seen it. His voice isn't strong enough at all and it was just embarrassing seeing him amongst the amazing West End stars. So yeah, I think Chris Colfer would be fantastic considering that he can actually sing and he can actually act! :tongue: Though Marius is wasted on every actor, he's so boring and wet and weedy! I want Chris as Enjolras! :biggrin: Just because I can't stand Marius and don't understand why ANYONE loves him haha!

You know what I think would be fanastic? I read a fic where Rachel and Kurt were competing by singing all 3 parts in 'Not Getting Married Today'. It's such an impossibly hard song I'm desperate to see it. Chris would rock it because he could do the soprano bit if they lowered it a bit, he could do Paul and would be an amazing Amy!
I'm posting this because Sondheim is epic and I can't describe how much I want to murder Paul and the soprano. I love the Amy in this.

and this is how it SHOULD be done! God, I'm such a horrible snob!

Of course, Ryan Murphy would never do it because musical theatre doesn't sell well as it is and Sondheim is an aquired taste but Company is one of his more accessible musicals and the music isn't *as* difficult as Sweeney or ALNM and **** it would be amazing!

And when the hell are they going to get Bernadette Peters on Glee? I don't want Anne Hathaway, I want Bernie!

Why aren't I the musical director for Glee?

Ugh I forgot about Nick Jonas. Chris would be amazing :party:

You and your Sondheim :rofl:

I definitely don't have perfect pitch in terms of hearing, I was just recording take me or leave me (I found the karaoke backing track so I expect to hear from my neighbours any day soon about when I'm being thrown out) and I think I'm a bit high. That's mainly because, for years, I sang really quietly because I hated people hearing so now when I increase the volume and sing out my notes are off where they would have been in tune.
Ugh I forgot about Nick Jonas. Chris would be amazing :party:

You and your Sondheim :rofl:

I definitely don't have perfect pitch in terms of hearing, I was just recording take me or leave me (I found the karaoke backing track so I expect to hear from my neighbours any day soon about when I'm being thrown out) and I think I'm a bit high. That's mainly because, for years, I sang really quietly because I hated people hearing so now when I increase the volume and sing out my notes are off where they would have been in tune.

Sondheim! My favourite elderly gay Jew! :biggrin: :tongue:

Hahaha! I sing pretty quietly too! The only time I don't is when I'm in the shower!
I'll never forget the embarrassment of when I was doing the washing up and (badly) half singing and half laughing along to The Phantom of The Opera pretending to be the Phantom AND Christine and my next door neighbour suddenly started singing 'The phaaaaaaaaaantom of the opeeeraaaa is theeeeere!' and I shouted 'SORRY!' through the wall hoping they could hear me!
(edited 12 years ago)
Sondeheim! My favourite elderly gay Jew! :biggrin: :tongue:

Hahaha! I sing pretty quietly too! The only time I don't is when I'm in the shower!
I'll never forget the embarrassment of when I was doing the washing up and (badly) half singing and half laughing along to The Phantom of The Opera pretending to be the Phantom AND Christine and my next door neighbour suddenly started singing 'The phaaaaaaaaaantom of the opeeeraaaa is theeeeere!' and I shouted 'SORRY!' through the wall hoping they could hear me!

:rofl: if someone did that I think I'd want the ground to open up right there and then :rofl: my mum's always telling me to shut up now I sing louder :frown:
Reply 5407
Original post by shinobi93
Me too! My friend and I crusade against any homophobic people we know instead, especially as often they're being homophobic due to what they see in Glee. For example, one of our friends didn't like When I Get You Alone once they realised he was singing it to a guy.

I do the same, but luckily I don't cross paths too often with homophobic people.

Is your friend insane? :lolwut: I didn't like that he wasn't singing it for Kurt, but if it had been for a girl I would have been devastated! :tongue:

Night! I think I'm the only one left.

Oh and @Ambs that film you recommended, just watching it and my headphones popped out just after the scene where they're pretending to have sex. I'm so glad they waited because I can just imagine my mum waking up to sex noises coming from my laptop at 3.30 am. Really, really not good.

:rofl: That would probably have raised a few eyebrows! Did you like the film? :biggrin:

Original post by Ambs
Apart from you guys I never really wanted to meet a TSRian though. And unfortunately I'm not bi, so I couldn't date you guys either :sad: Glee and this thread make me feel incredibly boring for being heterosexual :tongue:

haha I know right :biggrin:

I. I think I have perfect pitch because I can hear tiny bits of off-key...ness other people can't discern but I have no real proof for that theory haha! I think this is the most Rachel Berry esque thing I've ever said in my life. :blush:

very Berry-esque :p: but its cool :biggrin: I hardly listen to music anymore now my hearing is so bad :frown:
Reply 5410
Original post by museobsessed
haha I know right :biggrin:

I'm like 'I want IN on all that LBGT fun! :woo:', but then I think about it again and realise that I actually don't :tongue: But I wish I would. If that makes sense.
Original post by Ambs
I'm like 'I want IN on all that LBGT fun! :woo:', but then I think about it again and realise that I actually don't :tongue: But I wish I would. If that makes sense.

I get that! I went to Gay Pride last year with my friends and I felt so left out because I was the only person who wasn't gay! I'm sure there must have been some straight people there but everyone seemed paired off! It was hilarious though because they played 'Don't Stop Believing' and EVERYONE started singing! Glee unites everyone! :biggrin: I spent the whole day perving (as always- what do you TAKE me for?) and lamenting that the really hot guys had really hot guys by their sides! Got some amazing facebook photos out of it though! :biggrin:

I think my Darren Criss love/obsession has got out of hand. I went up to my sister saying 'I know you don't really care but...' and she interrupted me and said 'Darren Criss!!!' in a really high pitched gushy voice and I was like :curious: and preceded to gush about him being amazing at Italian and told her to listen to him singing and she wouldn't. :blush: I need a life! Like seriously...

I'm going to have to stop coming on here so much... this week is revision week!
Which things do you cringe at? :smile: We'd all be lying if none of us had a cringe moment! I cringe everytime Will opens his mouth. And no, we don't neg on here. Unless I'm on my iphone and accidentally press neg instead of quote... :blush:
I don't really like Sue that much anymore... she's turned into even more of a caricature than she originally was.

just some of the songs and cheesy american happy things i guess :redface:
i mainly just love it when sue goes on a rampage n attacks people in the corridor
:blush:
but puck is soo hawt :colondollar:
Reply 5413
I get that! I went to Gay Pride last year with my friends and I felt so left out because I was the only person who wasn't gay! I'm sure there must have been some straight people there but everyone seemed paired off! It was hilarious though because they played 'Don't Stop Believing' and EVERYONE started singing! Glee unites everyone! :biggrin: I spent the whole day perving (as always- what do you TAKE me for?) and lamenting that the really hot guys had really hot guys by their sides! Got some amazing facebook photos out of it though! :biggrin:

I think my Darren Criss love/obsession has got out of hand. I went up to my sister saying 'I know you don't really care but...' and she interrupted me and said 'Darren Criss!!!' in a really high pitched gushy voice and I was like :curious: and preceded to gush about him being amazing at Italian and told her to listen to him singing and she wouldn't. :blush: I need a life! Like seriously...

Haha, glad I'm not the only one! Quite a few of my friends are gay or bisexual as well, and they always seem to have a lot more fun than me. Lol to everyone loving 'Don't Stop Believing' :biggrin:

Yes, WHY is it that so many hot guys are gay?? It's frustrating! My first-ever boyfriend turned out to be gay as well, it broke my heart. I should have known though, he was a professional dancer who mainly did musicals :rolleyes: I don't think I even have a gaydar, and if I do it's rubbish.

Meh, that sucks. My family is exactly the same. My sister told me today that the fact that I only listen to Glee music is pathetic, so I just put on some DCriss to prove that I'm not obsessed at all... Oh wait :awesome:

But... We need you here! :hugs: No, I know how important revision is, so I'll tell you to leave and go study every now and then :tongue: I should be revising for my SAT too, but I got such an amazing score on my practice test that I can't find the motivation :dontknow: :tongue: /bragging.

I've never been to a gay pride but I would if I had gay friends... actually my ex is gay but he doesn't live close anymore. At least I can join in slutwalks, i'm looking forward to them announcing one in Birmingham so I can go
Reply 5415
Original post by DeadGirlsDance
just some of the songs and cheesy american happy things i guess :redface:
i mainly just love it when sue goes on a rampage n attacks people in the corridor
:blush:
but puck is soo hawt :colondollar:

Have you seen season 2? I agree that Sue is simply hilarious, and for the first few episodes of season 1 she was the main source of entertainment for me.

Puck is sexy, even though I always thought hair was the most important thing about a guy's looks and I actually hate the mohawk. It just love his bad-ass attitude :biggrin:
Reply 5416
Darren singing in Italian, haven't watched it all yet but the comments are funny :rofl: also, the camera's zoomed out, can someone confirm his beard is gone here?

In response to that...

Spoiler

I love how we don't need words to express anything on this thread anymore.. :tongue: :rofl:
Reply 5417

:fan:
Original post by Hravan

Original post by Hravan

:fan:

hes pretty hot in both photos to be honest
Reply 5419
Original post by museobsessed
hes pretty hot in both photos to be honest

EDIT..

Some other stuff...

Spoiler