The Student Room Group

AQA BIOL1 Biology Unit 1 Exam - 16th May 2011

Scroll to see replies

what about for evaluating the vaccination?
why was it good/bad?
Reply 901
i said the time for the atreoventricular closing 4rm 0.1 to 0.2....i guess upto 0.5 is right....for the vaccination i said....depends on herd immunity, side effects, storage, trained staff and economically viable.

i dnt rememba wt i wrote for the beats per minute stuff....i rememba writin 60/0.7.....but nt the answer kmt -_- also for the last ques wrote quite a few points but not mitochondria and i said the glucose conc lower in lumen compared to blood (thts debatable)...the rest of it is fine. i reckon im losing 9 marks max...and im being really harsh.

hopefulli 100 ums will be near 50 sumfin
I didnt write this but I think it is:

(Number of deaths from breast cancer/total population) x100000
Reply 903
I put 0.0 - 0.5 fml :colonhash:
Reply 904
Original post by karimshaheda
I didn't understand the simple questions, when you have to read off graphs..
How did everyone work out the one where it was death rates amongst breast cancer people per 100000 or something?

The question was like: 'How did scientists calculate the rate of deaths or something...'.

i said hospitals data, sample (representative) or from entire population if possible....btw what did people write for the control of ph....wrote buffer. a mate of mine said put a lid :eek:
Reply 905
Original post by karimshaheda
I didn't understand the simple questions, when you have to read off graphs..
How did everyone work out the one where it was death rates amongst breast cancer people per 100000 or something?

The question was like: 'How did scientists calculate the rate of deaths or something...'.

Add together all the ages people died at, and divide by the total number (the mean.) Then equate it to per 100,000.
Reply 906
Original post by Rahul.S
i said hospitals data, sample (representative) or from entire population if possible....btw what did people write for the control of ph....wrote buffer. a mate of mine said put a lid :eek:

Lol,lid? Yeah it's buffer :smile:
Reply 907
Original post by liviaaa
Add together all the ages people died at, and divide by the total number (the mean.) Then equate it to per 100,000.

I said they calculated a ratio...
Reply 908
What about the "Can they say the fatty diet causes breast cancer deaths?" Or something like that...
Reply 909
Original post by liviaaa
Lol,lid? Yeah it's buffer :smile:

i guess a lid can work :rolleyes:
Reply 910
Original post by liviaaa
What about the "Can they say the fatty diet causes breast cancer deaths?" Or something like that...

Correlation doesn't equate to causation, other factors could have cause breast cancer..
Reply 911
Original post by Rahul.S
i guess a lid can work :rolleyes:

Hahaa.. :tongue:
Reply 912
Original post by liviaaa
Hahaa.. :tongue:

how many do you reckon u got wrong....max?
I wrote:

-Correlation doesn't mean causation
-other factor maybe involved such as amount of exercise
-there was a large amount of scatter around the line so eating a lot of fat, doesn't necessarily mean you will die of breast cancer
Reply 914
Original post by failingatm
Correlation doesn't equate to causation, other factors could have cause breast cancer..

Yeah I put:

-Positive corrleation (there was a mark for this in Jan 11 but for negative)
-Can't say cause/effect
-Other factors such as smoking and excercise
-Different countries - diff medicines/cures to treat breast cancer, so may not die depending on treatments
Reply 915
Original post by liviaaa

-positive correlation but not causal link as could be other factors (ethnicity ...)

for the cancer question.. why are people including age? I didn't think that was relevant.

my fault for not reading the BPM question properly. I saw that the pressures at 0 and 0.7 were the same and so thought it was 60/0.6 = 100; bit annoyed as i put 85.7 first but its 2 marks.
Reply 916
Why am I worrying about it now? What's done it done. :excited: I'm gonna go to sleep and forget about it. Hope you guise did well tho
Reply 917
Original post by Rahul.S
how many do you reckon u got wrong....max?

Hmm.. I don't know, it's so hard to tell. I think I got the right ideas.. now just for AQA wording :/ You?
Reply 918
How science works questions lost me marks .. Those stupid 1 markers ... I am pissed... Everything more than 1 mark was easy.
Reply 919
Original post by liviaaa
Hmm.. I don't know, it's so hard to tell. I think I got the right ideas.. now just for AQA wording :/ You?

i reckon probz 4-9 :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending