The Student Room Group

Higher Art & Design 2011

Couldn't find a thread, thought i'd start one. Anyone doing the product design question for section 2?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Is anyone aware of the percentage differences between the writing and folios?

Thanks.
Reply 2
Original post by alasdair17
Is anyone aware of the percentage differences between the writing and folios?

Thanks.

73 % (160 marks) for the folios, 27 % (60 marks) for the written exam. :smile:
Reply 3
so, the final expressive and the finished product so called 'solutions, are both worth 40 marks, yes?
Reply 4
Original post by Martyna156
so, the final expressive and the finished product so called 'solutions, are both worth 40 marks, yes?

No. Each folio is 80 marks. Expressive; investigation 20, development 20 and final outcome 40. Design; research and investigation 24, development 24, design solution 24 and evaluation 8. :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by rosie9391
No. Each folio is 80 marks. Expressive; investigation 20, development 20 and final outcome 40. Design; research and investigation 24, development 24, design solution 24 and evaluation 8. :smile:

oh, that makes sense now. thanks : )
Hopefully, I can get a B, then.
Reply 6
oh, that makes sense now. thanks : )
Hopefully, I can get a B, then.

No problem. :smile: What were your themes?
Reply 7
edit
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 8
Thanks.

Yeah, I did design for a CD Cover for this fictional Dutch rock n roll band called Oranje, I really enjoyed creating it actually haha.
Reply 9
No problem. :smile: What were your themes?

Butterflies for design, and I made a handbag, and still life for expressive. I was going to do a portrait, but I kind of ran out of time... :O
what about you?
Reply 10
Original post by Albertine
anyone do design? I made a dress based on the sixties. I printed loads of stencils of the beatles' faces on to it. It was so much fun haha! I find it super difficult to write about fashion/textiles on the paper though.

that's actually so cool : ) I made a bag inspired by butterflies. it's hard to describe, but it's actually quite nice : )
Butterflies for design, and I made a handbag, and still life for expressive. I was going to do a portrait, but I kind of ran out of time... :O
what about you?

Sounds good and was just curious. :smile: I'm at uni now, but done a poster advertising the cairngorms national park and an expressive folio on a stretch of Scotland's coast. Kinda miss having the time for art, though! :p:
Reply 12
Sounds good and was just curious. :smile: I'm at uni now, but done a poster advertising the cairngorms national park and an expressive folio on a stretch of Scotland's coast. Kinda miss having the time for art, though! :p:

oh, cool : ) I hate Higher, tbh :L I enjoyed the design unit, not the expressive one. : | so yeah, I think I need to do extremely well in the written exam to get a good grade.
oh, cool : ) I hate Higher, tbh :L I enjoyed the design unit, not the expressive one. : | so yeah, I think I need to do extremely well in the written exam to get a good grade.

hate higher as well! just wondering what questions are you doing for the written exam? i'm doing product and have no idea!
Reply 14
you guys are crazy! Higher art was my best subject. Was so relaxing compared to the others! :P

Anyone get anytips about writing for fashion/textiles?
Reply 15
Original post by peanutbutterlove
hate higher as well! just wondering what questions are you doing for the written exam? i'm doing product and have no idea!

I'm doing portraiture and graphic design : )
you have no idea? that's not good :L
Reply 16
Original post by Albertine
you guys are crazy! Higher art was my best subject. Was so relaxing compared to the others! :P

Anyone get anytips about writing for fashion/textiles?

I had to spend all my free periods, lunchtimes and so on in art, to get everything finished, and be up to speed with everything. a week before the deadline, I stayed there for 4-5 hours after school, everyday. and on the day before the deadline, 12 hours. so yeah, I didn't enjoy that.
Reply 17
I'm doing Vertigo by Saul Bass as a design to discuss, although I saw that last year, that appeared in the paper.

Will that affect anything?

Thanks.
Reply 18
I had to spend all my free periods, lunchtimes and so on in art, to get everything finished, and be up to speed with everything. a week before the deadline, I stayed there for 4-5 hours after school, everyday. and on the day before the deadline, 12 hours. so yeah, I didn't enjoy that.

Same, and 2 days just before the deadline my school lost my final solution for the design unit, so I have to do it again, so annoyed!
Reply 19
Original post by alasdair17
I'm doing Vertigo by Saul Bass as a design to discuss, although I saw that last year, that appeared in the paper.

Will that affect anything?

Thanks.

Don't think it will, because I am doing Vertigo as well :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending