The Student Room Group

AQA BIOL1 Biology Unit 1 Exam - 16th May 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ??????????????????
Was the table for the valve question showing pressure or volume?

pressure, i got 0.2 - 0.6 as this was the time pressure of ventricles were higher than atrium
Reply 981
Original post by ??????????????????
Was the table for the valve question showing pressure or volume?

Ohhhh crap. Horrible feeling I didn't read that properly now.
I think I read it as pressure.

2 marks for that I think (?)
Reply 982
I'm still confused if it was 85.7 or 100. I put 85.7, but considered both. Isn't 100 beats per min a bit fast?
Original post by Reminisce
Wasn't asking about atrioventricular valves? So it would be closed between 0.1 - 0.5 (or something... basically, when ventricles were of higher pressure). Or is this another question...

That's what I put. The whole period where the ventricle had a higher pressure than the atrium would have a closed AV valve, surely.
For the pressure i puy 0.2 and 0.6 i think, when the pressure is higher in the ventricles than the atria...

Im not even sure on how well i did, hopefully more than 68 ums this time!!!
Reply 985
Original post by marijuana
pressure, i got 0.2 - 0.6 as this was the time pressure of ventricles were higher than atrium

Original post by Wonderwoman93
For the pressure i puy 0.2 and 0.6 i think, when the pressure is higher in the ventricles than the atria...

Im not even sure on how well i did, hopefully more than 68 ums this time!!!

I think it was 0.1 - 0.5?
Does anyone have the questions ? (Last time someone had the questions because they took a spare after the exam)
Reply 987
Original post by failingatm
I've got 1 bio, 2 chem, 2 history, 3 maths and 2 critical thinking exams left so far. you?

got m1, d1, chem1 (83 from before), chem2, bio2, c3, c4, physics 2 and fp1 -_-
Reply 988
Original post by liviaaa
I think it was 0.1 - 0.5?

I got that too. :cool:
Original post by liviaaa
30 :s-smilie:

yup i got 30 too!
does anyone know how many marks the 1st question for the heart section was???
Reply 991
I know that this has been covered already, but the question about the atrioventricular valve shutting was so poorly worded.

From memory, I read it as "between which two times is the valve between the atrium and the ventricle shut"

I interpretted this to mean that I had to find the two successive times between which the physical action of the valve shutting occured.. "between which two times". So I put 0.0 and 0.1 as at 0.0, pressure in atrium > pressure in ventricle, and at 0.1, pressure in atrium < pressure in ventricle. (this pattern didn't occur anywhere else through data).

Surely this is correct?
(edited 12 years ago)
How did you answer the 'evaluate the vacine' question? Alot of people said they should use antibiotics ect. but i wrote;

1. Sample size was unknown
2. Experiment was not carried out on humans
3. long term side effect was unknown
4. no control group was used.

I'm starting to doubt myself now, did i miss interprit the question?
Original post by studentofskhs
How did you answer the 'evaluate the vacine' question? Alot of people said they should use antibiotics ect. but i wrote;

How many marks was that question worth again?
Wasnt the chylamidia question (vaccine part) about the fact that it could be dangerous because the vaccine could trigger an immune response attacking heart protein?
Reply 995
Original post by studentofskhs

Well i wrote something completely different...

I wrote
- Yes it a good idea, because ingested drugs would not work because proteins will be digested
- Vacinnes will stimuate the production of memory cells against Chlamidia etc
Reply 996
yeah i thought i done really well guys but i did lose marks on the maths equations and abit on the heart but other than that i think i got aorund 44, any ideas wat grade tht could be?
Original post by Wick3d

Original post by Wick3d
How many marks was that question worth again?

Original post by Abby :)
Well i wrote something completely different...

I wrote
- Yes it a good idea, because ingested drugs would not work because proteins will be digested
- Vacinnes will stimuate the production of memory cells against Chlamidia etc

I must had misread the question then. What was the acutal question?
Reply 999
what was the answer to the very last question guys, u dont talk about active trnasport much do u

i thought u do like thin diffusion pathway etc. coz it asks how is it adapted!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending