The Student Room Group

AQA BIOL1 Biology Unit 1 Exam - 16th May 2011

Scroll to see replies

i hate end questions i always have a habit of losing lots, last time i lost all 5 marks, this time i lost about 3 which i suppose is ok lol

bio 1 memory and lots of memory

bio 2 abit of memory but mostly applying

bio 3 abit of both lol
Original post by Reminisce

Original post by Reminisce
Someone make a thread on AQA Bio 2 :smile:, I'm hyped up about that now...

There is a thread

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1593252
Original post by kingsmod1
i hate end questions i always have a habit of losing lots, last time i lost all 5 marks, this time i lost about 3 which i suppose is ok lol

bio 1 memory and lots of memory

bio 2 abit of memory but mostly applying

bio 3 abit of both lol

Ah, I flopped the ISA getting 34/50. Will probably retake that. Unit 2 is the big one. :biggrin:
Reply 1023
"between which two times did the valve between the atrium and the ventricle shut"

meaning "between which two times was the valve shut"
or "when did the physical action of the valve shutting occur"

Poorly worded question.
Original post by Wick3d
Ah, I flopped the ISA getting 34/50. Will probably retake that. Unit 2 is the big one. :biggrin:

im retaking so i thought i got A in bio 1 and 3 but u never know so i have no clue about my results lol

bio 2 i got D last time, i dont kno wat to do wid it!
Reply 1025
what did people get for the calculations?

and just wanna say I predicted the last question! so for those of you who read it, I hope you revised how the epithelial cells are adapted for gas exchange! ;D
Original post by hahaff
what do people think about the grade boundaries for this exam
i think 39-A
35-B
31-C
27-D
23-E

does anyone agree
i completely messed up the question on the heart

did anyone turn to the back and do the last questions first thats what i did
did anyone get 1.16 for the question on the rate one

What was it out of for 39 to be an A?

Any other questions people can remember. For
the bpm i got 85.7 but wrote 85 due to the fact of having .7 of a heartbeat. Think i got that wrong
Hey guys :smile:

Personally, I thought it went well - that is there wasn't a question on there I didn't know. That said, there was one or two odd (and in my opinion, ambiguous) questions

The first, not so ambiguous, Heart rate. Did you guys put 86.7 or 87? I was really unsure. I wrote 86.7, then changed it to 87.

On the enzyme inhibition, did you say that it blocked it's active site? Or did you actually say it combined with it? I said blocked, resulting in less enzyme-substrate complexes. The reason being, Galactose is a product of lactose, so would it really fit into the same active site?

Also, what did you put for "Describe what point A is"

The rest went a breeze. I think I got the above right, I was just unsure if you know what I mean?
did anyone take the edexcel unit 1 biology
Reply 1029
Original post by Benevolence
Hey guys :smile:

Personally, I thought it went well - that is there wasn't a question on there I didn't know. That said, there was one or two odd (and in my opinion, ambiguous) questions

The first, not so ambiguous, Heart rate. Did you guys put 86.7 or 87? I was really unsure. I wrote 86.7, then changed it to 87.

On the enzyme inhibition, did you say that it blocked it's active site? Or did you actually say it combined with it? I said blocked, resulting in less enzyme-substrate complexes. The reason being, Galactose is a product of lactose, so would it really fit into the same active site?

The rest went a breeze. I think I got the above right, I was just unsure if you know what I mean?

When it said 'point A' i took it to mean the dot underneath it, so i just describe what the dot showed us e.g a diet of ___ % in fat led to ____ deaths per 10000
Original post by otrivine

Im not retaking it but the people sitting it are still in the exam :smile: i.e the rest of my classmates. i will get the reaction on my fb news feed :lol:
Reply 1031
Original post by otrivine

no, people on this thread clearly study AQA biology
I know. Edexecl people... get it. It just spams up our superior AQAian conversations.
Original post by Abby :)
When it said 'point A' i took it to mean the dot underneath it, so i just describe what the dot showed us e.g a diet of ___ % in fat led to ____ deaths per 10000

Yes! me too :smile: aha.
What grade/mark are you hoping to get?
What about the other questions I posted?
Reply 1034
Original post by ThatsJustTooBad
I put the same as you put I think they were wanting us to round it unless they are going to accept that you can have a .7th of a heart beat?

er you're right! you can't have .7 of a heart beat :l fml
Original post by DoaaK
what did people get for the calculations?

and just wanna say I predicted the last question! so for those of you who read it, I hope you revised how the epithelial cells are adapted for gas exchange! ;D

Hey, how did you find it?

Reply 1036
Hated that paper at first I thought it was alright with a few hard questions but now I've realised how many times I've been caught out by AQA I hate them. :mad:
Original post by Benevolence
Hey, how did you find it?

You mean 85/85.7/86?

60/0.7= 85, 85.7 or 86
ugh i put correlation does not ALWAYS equal causation by mistake on one of my answers, think the examiner will pick up on this and mark me down?
Original post by Jackbruce
What was it out of for 39 to be an A?

Any other questions people can remember. For
the bpm i got 85.7 but wrote 85 due to the fact of having .7 of a heartbeat. Think i got that wrong

the exam is out of 60
its just my guess of what it COULD be not what the grade boundaries realy are
this exam was harder than june 10 and jan 2011
but not as hard as jan 2010
so i guessed 39 to be an A

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending