The Student Room Group

AQA BIOL1 Biology Unit 1 Exam - 16th May 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Wick3d
I think you'd get the first mark only if you said placebo.

No on some mark schemes if you write placebo it is too vague.
Original post by crazycake93
As did I, you cant consider 0.7 as a whole heart beat. That like saying i have 3.7 children.

Exactly what I thought. :biggrin:
Reply 1262
Original post by ??????????????????
Just ignore them. Obviously trolling.

umm ok rude much? i dont really care if u believe me to be honest... like i havnt got anything better to do than troll..
Original post by Limitless

Yes, and on some it does say give placebo. Because they were talking about a stomach acid reducing drug you would say placebo which is a dummy drug.
I'm hoping an A's about 20/60. I can always dream.
I would have a word with your exam officer, you might have done the wrong paper what was the first question?

hydrolysis was the first answer, then glucose for the second answer...that's the same paper right?
Original post by crazycake93
Got the same answer mate. Word for word, on both.

Did you write about carriers in the last question? :frown: I didn't and feel sooooo pissed off about it, also got the calculation wrong.. fml.
Original post by haz2coolz
hydrolysis was the first answer, then glucose for the second answer...that's the same paper right?

just stfu you're obviously trolling. We cba with freaks like you now moveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
Original post by EffKayy
Nelson thornas.
And tbh, nobody in my sixthform wrote about mitochondria as they kinda forgot, VAGUE AQA.
urgfhgfhfghfghfghfg. :'(

You need CGP it is a god send. I swear I wouldn't know what to do without them. I think I was the only one that wrote about mitochondria out of the people I've asked in my sixth form. Oh well nothing we can do about it now just need to relax, it's harder to relax than do the actual paper. I'm still shaking a little because of the exam.
Reply 1269
Original post by EffKayy
Did you write about carriers in the last question? :frown: I didn't and feel sooooo pissed off about it, also got the calculation wrong.. fml.

same here :frown: completely forgot about carriers. wrote about villi and its adaptations. thats all
Original post by Haz2coolz

Someone ban this douche.
Reply 1271
Original post by Smoopyj
umm ok rude much? i dont really care if u believe me to be honest... like i havnt got anything better to do than troll..

Okay the biology Unit 1 Biology and Disease spec is here: http://store.aqa.org.uk/qual/gce/pdf/AQA-2410-W-SP.PDF

It has NO genetic engineering on it.

So you have either done the wrong paper, or are not doing the above syllabus.
Original post by Wick3d
Yes, and on some it does say give placebo. Because they were talking about a stomach acid reducing drug you would say placebo which is a dummy drug.

It's AQA you can never trust them...

You done the same paper. You know the first questions. Yes. But you did not do genetic engineering. Now stop making stuff up and troll something else like H&R.
Original post by Smoopyj
same here :frown: completely forgot about carriers. wrote about villi and its adaptations. thats all

did you use the NT book for revision? I hope i get atleast 3-4 for talking about Villi? well.. we can dream right? :'(
Reply 1275
Original post by ??????????????????
You done the same paper. You know the first questions. Yes. But you did not do genetic engineering. Now stop making stuff up and troll something else like H&R.

Wow. people are rude on here
Original post by EffKayy
just stfu you're obviously trolling. We cba with freaks like you now moveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

do you mind scraping out? i came on here to find out the answer to the last question and now apparantly i've been given the wrong paper, even though a few others have got the exact same problem...
It's AQA you can never trust them...

Pfft you can't trust any exam board, they are always looking to cut corners to maximise profits the bastards.
Reply 1278

You can get a mark for Placebo, but only if you link it to the context.
do you mind scraping out? i came on here to find out the answer to the last question and now apparantly i've been given the wrong paper, even though a few others have got the exact same problem...

Few others? erm, more like you creating a double account. we seriously cba with your frigging crap now move and gtfo.

Quick Reply

Latest