The Student Room Group

AQA BIOL1 Biology Unit 1 Exam - 16th May 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by yash121
You can get a mark for Placebo, but only if you link it to the context.

No surprisingly I've seen just placebo being given, it makes no sense linking the word placebo to the context as it is a self-explanatory term.
Original post by Wick3d
Exactly what I thought. :biggrin:

yeah but it is an average number bpm, for EXAMPLE if the answer was 1.7 beats per second, you would look at me strangely, however if i told you give me the answer in beats per 10 seconds, what would you say ?? 17 beats. get my point ?

my example is stupid, but i hope u get the point, it's an average !
Reply 1282
Original post by Haz2coolz
do you mind scraping out? i came on here to find out the answer to the last question and now apparantly i've been given the wrong paper, even though a few others have got the exact same problem...

could not have put it better myself. HOw the hell are we meant to know that u got a different paper..
Original post by Wick3d
Pfft you can't trust any exam board, they are always looking to cut corners to maximise profits the bastards.

Tell me about it they don't even mark the papers properly and then make you pay for a remark what the hell?!?!
LOL funny how both snoopyj and Haz2coolz did the same thing in the May 2010 BIOL1 thread. I smell a troll.
really wish someone would post the markscheme. Its driving me mad.
Original post by Wick3d
Pfft you can't trust any exam board, they are always looking to cut corners to maximise profits the bastards.

Actually AQA are a non-profit organisation.
Original post by oHellno
LOL funny how both snoopyj and Haz2coolz did the same thing in the May 2010 BIOL1 thread. I smell a troll.

+1 rep for spotting that !!!!
Original post by EffKayy
Few others? erm, more like you creating a double account. we seriously cba with your frigging crap now move and gtfo.

oh wow...i come on here to find an answer in one of my A levels...and i get retards like this thinking im sad enough to make other accounts...i need an A in biology to get into my uni choice next year, meaning this is a crucial exam for me
Original post by Limitless
Tell me about it they don't even mark the papers properly and then make you pay for a remark what the hell?!?!

They also make you pay for you to have your paper returned! The school already pays a lot of money to enter you into the exam, yet they have crappy examiners who make mistakes everywhere!
For the vaccine one i wrote about memory cells and talked about how it would tackle the pathogen before harm etc, would i get atleast 1mark? I didnt evaluate \:
Original post by Smoopyj

Original post by Smoopyj
could not have put it better myself. HOw the hell are we meant to know that u got a different paper..

**** off. :colonhash:
Original post by Haz2coolz
oh wow...i come on here to find an answer in one of my A levels...and i get retards like this thinking im sad enough to make other accounts...i need an A in biology to get into my uni choice next year, meaning this is a crucial exam for me

why are you asking US for a frigging answer, what the hell should we do? eff off.
Reply 1293
Original post by oHellno

OH F*CK
Original post by Steerforth
Actually AQA are a non-profit organisation.

Thanks for clarifying that, but then how does it afford to pay its staff?
Original post by Wick3d
They also make you pay for you to have your paper returned! The school already pays a lot of money to enter you into the exam, yet they have crappy examiners who make mistakes everywhere!

I go to a private school and I have to pay for the exam myself and then when you ask for your paper return, they send you a ****ing photocopy.
Original post by Smoopyj

Original post by Smoopyj
OH F*CK

Why, because I outsmarted you? :teehee:
SOMEONE POST THE BLODDY MARK SCHEME!! I'M GOING OUT OF MY MIND HERE!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry but I''ve failed this paper just because AQA are nobs! Such stupid 1 markers trying to catch you out!!
Reply 1298
do you think the could push the grade boundaries to 50/60 to get an A
on the last question i wrote about facilitated diffusion, protein carriers in the lipid bilayer and stuff about the sodium-potassium pump, but I FORGOT VILLI. fml. although, i had already done 2 exams beforehand so i suppose for my only major mistake its not too bad....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending