The Student Room Group

AQA BIOL1 Biology Unit 1 Exam - 16th May 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1380
Can anyone remember the 1 markers that people keep saying they got caught out on?
Original post by xkate1019x
i wrote about how it narrows the atery due to cholesterol/fatty deposit. but then i talked about thrombosis and anurisms... i think this is wrong.

i think it may be ok as long as you linked it back to causing heart attack because thrombosis can cause heart attacks too
Original post by kingsmod1
thats probz fine, but it asked how epithelial cells are ADAPTED to lining intestine, now if u went to the book it has the exact rasons like many microvilli to increase sa

THE NT BOOK? please say all of that is correct i wrote everything from that.
Paper was really easy but everyone dropped easy marks so grade boundries will be around 48 for an A and 55 for 100 UMS.

I reakon I got around 40. Hopefully a B
Original post by liviaaa

Original post by liviaaa
Can anyone remember the 1 markers that people keep saying they got caught out on?

Not sure but I think there were a few, I was wondering why there were so many 1 markers anyway.

The one about describing how they got per 100,000 was one.
Original post by ??????????????????
Just researched it. Apparently the whole test was not related to the sylubus. Wonder what happened :/

The people who created the exam were on a acid trip. :smile:
Reply 1386
Dam, for the PH question I thought it said how would you check if the ph has changed, so i put litmus paper. :/
Original post by nasira372
Paper was really easy but everyone dropped easy marks so grade boundries will be around 48 for an A and 55 for 100 UMS.

They won't be that high. Previous years had that amount for 100 UMS :s-smilie:
Probably 43 max.

You can't just base it on TSR and people you know. People all over the country have taken it. Only time will tell how we've done.
Everyone I talked to got like 1.17.
I think. Can't remember. Anyone can comfirm? It was the air exhaled/time?

i got 1.4
i took the higher value from the lower and divided by 3.

also what was the last question the wording? cos i didnt talk about microvilli at all!
Original post by BlastOff
Dam, for the PH question I thought it said how would you check if the ph has changed, so i put litmus paper. :/

Well it was only one mark. :smile:

I wrote buffer solution only because I was doing ****loads of past papers the day before and that question was similar to a previous question! :biggrin:
They won't be that high. Previous years had that amount for 100 UMS :s-smilie:
Probably 43 max.

Paper was easy though, even I found it easy. Just loads of easy marks dropped :frown:
Paper was easy though, even I found it easy. Just loads of easy marks dropped :frown:

And who's to say loads of student who found the paper easy didn't drop the easy marks? The grade boundaries will never be that high, otherwise no one would take the exams. :biggrin:
Reply 1393
Original post by DarkWave93
I wrote maltase enzyme is present in the brush borders, which converts maltose to glucose, will that get me a mark?

i also wrote about that i think we should get a mark because maltase converts maltose in to glucose so theres more absorption of glucose :smile: and in the specification it alsp mentions something about malate located in epithlial cell
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by swiftylol
Not sure but I think there were a few, I was wondering why there were so many 1 markers anyway.

The one about describing how they got per 100,000 was one.

Number of deaths from cervical cancer divided by total population, then multiply that value by 100,000 is what i put.
Original post by Liron Ingleby
i got 1.4
i took the higher value from the lower and divided by 3.

also what was the last question the wording? cos i didnt talk about microvilli at all!

Some how I got the lower one as 3.0 D:
Just talked about villi and how active transport/co-transport/protein channels/carrier proteins.

Thought of Mitochrodria but went and double checked instead. Could also incluse villi move or something like that?

Maybe you underestimated yourself? They'll be loads of people who couldn't do the ones that were considered easy marks dropped for you.
Reply 1396
Plus a lot of people on TSR are more likely to be in C/B/A category. You can't forget about everyone else, who may be getting U's etc, which will help lower the grade boundaries - so don't base the grade boudaries on just everyone here. :tongue:
Original post by Wick3d
And who's to say loads of student who found the paper easy didn't drop the easy marks? The grade boundaries will never be that high, otherwise no one would take the exams. :biggrin:

I hope you are right, my ISA was 30/50. I need 80% in this and 90% in the next exam for an A which is looking unlikely
Original post by swiftylol
It also said to aborb glucose which is what threw alot of people off, including me.

the NT includes about glucose and then talks about villi! do you have NT?
Reply 1399
Original post by TlanTlan
Number of deaths from cervical cancer divided by total population, then multiply that value by 100,000 is what i put.

Mulitplying it by 100,000 wouldn't get it per 100,000.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending