The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by someperson
not that dark:p:...nothing wrong with facebook anyway:hmmm:

Vlad could tell you a billion things wrong with it I bet. :p:
Original post by Mad Vlad
We don't get a choice on the colour :frown:

I might change the background on my avatar... it's getting on my tits a bit...

oh:frown:

yes you should:biggrin:

Original post by spikeymike
Vlad could tell you a billion things wrong with it I bet. :p:

as if i care what he thinks:hmmm:

Spoiler

Reply 9102
We don't get a choice on the colour :frown:

I might change the background on my avatar... it's getting on my tits a bit...

Change the colour of your shirt to match the text, and make the background clear (or purple again :p:).

BTW, hai guise :wavey:
Reply 9103
Tathrim
x

:smug:
Reply 9105

Seems to be more co-incidence that we're approaching that point now, the variables in his equation are fairly loose (it mentions in TFA that a 10% increase in PC defenses would make the turning point on Mac market share drop by 10%), but there's certainly truth in the idea that more Mac users makes attacking Mac more economically viable.

As to whether it's easier or not, that's a bit harder to find out. Mac may be based on Unix, but that doesn't grant you 100% better security. The permissions system under Unix is simply dreadful. All it takes is a small exploit and (just like under Windows) a program can gain access to the entire machine. Having a Unix base also means there's a boatload of code suitable to the platform that's freely available online, and no little amount of it is dedicated to hacking into the core workings of the machine.
Reply 9106

Meh, I don't care about the big picture that much, only annoyed that they got the canoe Slalom results wrong on the website. Lancaster, and not York, got the Ladies slalom, as the lass who placed first isn't a York student, but from Leeds. I know it only alters the difference to 4 points, but it shows how badly organised the results system is. :mad: (so the actual score SHOULD be 174.5 to 106.5).

On the fixed results, the Lancaster Uni Canoe Club got a win (6-2 in general points), so I'm happy!! :biggrin:
Reply 9107
I :rofl:'d at this:

Original post by Dez
I :rofl:'d at this:

Whats funny about it? :holmes:
Original post by someperson
oh:frown:

yes you should:biggrin:

as if i care what he thinks:hmmm:

Spoiler

Better?
Better?

yeah:biggrin:

but i don't like it:ninjagirl:
http://bellard.org/jslinux/
Linux emulation...with javascript!?
Reply 9112
http://www.ro.me/

Not sure if this has been posted but it's an incredible example of interfacing with OpenGL via HTML5. Be sure to check out the tech demos after the main video!

Protip: F11 for epic win.
Original post by Dez

Any chance of another summer edition of my avatar? :teeth:
Reply 9114
Original post by spikeymike
Any chance of another summer edition of my avatar? :teeth:

Perhaps. :beard: I'll see if I can do one at the weekend.
BT :grumble:

Thank god for 3G.
Original post by secretmessages
BT :grumble:

Thank god for 3G.

i though about getting an external hard drives cause there are some cheap ones around now, problem is, they are USB2.
Depends if you plan on getting a USB 3 compatible motherboard/laptop any time soon :smile:
Original post by alexsheppard11

Original post by alexsheppard11
i though about getting an external hard drives cause there are some cheap ones around now, problem is, they are USB2.
Depends if you plan on getting a USB 3 compatible motherboard/laptop any time soon :smile:

I doubt it, I've bought too much tech recently and don't have any money left :p: well, not for computers anyway

Latest

Trending

Trending