The Student Room Group

AQA BIOL1 Biology Unit 1 Exam - 16th May 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1520
Original post by EffKayy
I WROTE THAT! :smile: thin so faster diffusion/absorption? :s-smilie:

Yes that's what I put,,, More efficient diffusion/absorption
can some1 please clarify the very last Q? about the adaptations of epithelial in intestinte

some pl wrote about carrier proteins and pump and mitchondria

otheres wrote bout think diffusion pathway, large sa???

any1?
Original post by HollyL
Yes that's what I put,,, More efficient diffusion/absorption

I'm extremely worried. Wanted an A, but looking at how much I missed for the 6marker, and getting most of the calculations wrong, i don't think so \:
Original post by ??????????????????
Saw it on Scrubs :biggrin:

Saw it on the mentalist :wink:
Reply 1524
Original post by swiftylol
Phagocytes engulf pathogen and enclose them in a phagosome
Lysosomes in the phagosite release hydrolytic enzymes
Which digest, break down the pathogen
This is a non specific respose.

How many marks would i have got if i put this: The phagocytes are attracted to the chemical attractants of the bacteria and hence they approach it and engulf the bacteria. Once it enters the phagosome it is then broken down/digested by the enzymes produced.
Reply 1525
Original post by kingsmod1
can some1 please clarify the very last Q? about the adaptations of epithelial in intestinte

any1?

its all of them

You have diffusion pathway, large surface area and maintaining of conc gradient

As well as carrier protiens, sodium potassium pumps and mitochondria
Original post by kingsmod1

any1?
Who knows, a Mystery.
Original post by i3kel
its all of them

You have diffusion pathway, large surface area and maintaining of conc gradient

As well as carrier protiens, sodium potassium pumps and mitochondria

whats the MAX i can get for just talking about villi/microvilli but in a lot of detail? |:
Original post by HollyL
What was the question again?

something like descrbe how ph affects reaction rate using the diagram. not sure though. suddenly, the whole exam seems to be a blur
I seriously hope the grade boundaries are low for this paper cos i was banking on loads of UMS to build up my final mark.

I think i effed up the last question, cos i thought it said how is glucose absorbed in the body?

So i wrote about sodium potassium pump, active transport, atp, co transport, gradients, faciltated diffusion, carrier proteins? will i get any marks at all or have i just thrown 6 marks out the way? I swear to god i didnt read adapted i feel like a right **** now.

Original post by Baha
How many marks would i have got if i put this: The phagocytes are attracted to the chemical attractants of the bacteria and hence they approach it and engulf the bacteria. Once it enters the phagosome it is then broken down/digested by the enzymes produced.

3/4 depending on what the mark scheme says but 2/3 minimum.
Original post by Liron Ingleby
I seriously hope the grade boundaries are low for this paper cos i was banking on loads of UMS to build up my final mark.

I think i effed up the last question, cos i thought it said how is glucose absorbed in the body?

So i wrote about sodium potassium pump, active transport, atp, co transport, gradients, faciltated diffusion, carrier proteins? will i get any marks at all or have i just thrown 6 marks out the way? I swear to god i didnt read adapted i feel like a right **** now.

That stuff is right too, you just also had to mention diffusion pathway to blood, microvilli too etc. You will get a few of the marks for talking about what you did though.
Reply 1532
Original post by Reminisce
Wasn't asking about atrioventricular valves? So it would be closed between 0.1 - 0.5 (or something... basically, when ventricles were of higher pressure). Or is this another question...

thats exactly what i put... it seemed logical at the time but everyone seems to be saying otherwise... ohwellll
Reply 1533
For the question that asked you how the student can maintain the PH, if i put buffer the agar plate will i get a mark for that? :confused:
umm guys if u flopped caluclations like me and i do math, it is very minor because i thought i done well overall!

i jus didnt revise equations tht much but stop worrying guys u have done it and just concentrate on nxt 1 if tht happens to be bio 2 lol
Original post by Baha
For the question that asked you how the student can maintain the PH, if i put buffer the agar plate will i get a mark for that? :confused:

Yes i think so.
Original post by Baha

2 or 3 I'd say. Probably 3. (Sorry to butt in hehe) :smile:
Reply 1537
Original post by EffKayy
whats the MAX i can get for just talking about villi/microvilli but in a lot of detail? |:

It depends what you wrote, but i assume for saying microvilli have large surface area that increase the rate of absorption of glucose would be 2, maybe 3. You never know with bio mark schemes
Reply 1538
yeah I put buffer solution.
Reply 1539
Original post by Wick3d

Original post by Wick3d
Haha, someone posted this on the AQA wiki entry:

oops i clicked thumbs down by accident :') how do i change it to a thumbs up?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending