University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

Whos coming to essex uni?

whos coming to essex uni

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Me :borat:. Nice to meet you, what course you doing?
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
Original post by DLJ
Me :borat:. Nice to meet you, what course you doing?

OP, a lot of people are coming to Essex uni :biggrin:. (Hi, I'm one of them).

Hi DLJ.

I'm doing literature and myth, what's everyone else doing?
Reply 3
Original post by katebushfan
OP, a lot of people are coming to Essex uni :biggrin:. (Hi, I'm one of them).

Hi DLJ.

I'm doing literature and myth, what's everyone else doing?

I'm doing Humanities :smile:. Cannot wait :biggrin:. You decided your accommodation yet? :smile:
Original post by DLJ
I'm doing Humanities :smile:. Cannot wait :biggrin:. You decided your accommodation yet? :smile:

Nice :-). Well I'm pretty sure it'll be south courts. My ex lived in the towers and I think they're too noisy/ full of idiots. The houses were wayyyy too quite and the Quays or whatever it's called is too far (I'm lazy xD).

What about you?
Original post by katebushfan
Nice :-). Well I'm pretty sure it'll be south courts. My ex lived in the towers and I think they're too noisy/ full of idiots. The houses were wayyyy too quite and the Quays or whatever it's called is too far (I'm lazy xD).

What about you?

Plenty of idiots everywhere, you won't escape them by avoiding the towers.
Reply 6
im 2nd year i do business management, ill be running my tower next year, soo ill make it quite :wink: and noisy when i want
Original post by paddy__power
Plenty of idiots everywhere, you won't escape them by avoiding the towers.

I realise this. Though it seems like the general consensus for choosing to live in the towers is to party all the time (they're even advertised as the party accommodation almost, on the accomodation website :/). I'd just rather not get stuck with people like that.

Also, whilst there's idiots everywhere, there's considerably more idiots in a flat of 16 ;p.
Reply 8
I am, studying Computer science.
Does anyone know when the accommodation application opens? the site says june but thats pretty late isnt it?
hopefully going to try for south towers, as you get nice social life there but without having to share with 15 others
Reply 9
Original post by Richy19
I am, studying Computer science.
Does anyone know when the accommodation application opens? the site says june but thats pretty late isnt it?
hopefully going to try for south towers, as you get nice social life there but without having to share with 15 others

If you're at the south towers you will be sharing facilities with 15 others.
Reply 10
Original post by Lazerbeam
If you're at the south towers you will be sharing facilities with 15 others.

Well then the north :P
Which ever towers is 5-6 per flat
Reply 11
I don't think they have towers with so few people at all. The accommodation site says 13 to 16 people for towers. :/
Reply 12
uni flats are for live, dont go in towers and ur end up with strange people trust my friend in south courts did-

north towers is best, im in charge next year so if any problems of parties then talk to me and i limit noise etc- partys are not even allowed an normally get shut down.
IM GOING ESSEEEEEX. hopefully
biomedical sciences :smile:

& i think im picking quays, hope i get it as i dont really fancy towers.
whens accomodation application thingy open?
Original post by good morning
IM GOING ESSEEEEEX. hopefully
biomedical sciences :smile:

& i think im picking quays, hope i get it as i dont really fancy towers.
whens accomodation application thingy open?

Not until June, and the deadline isn't until August. :smile:
Original post by paddy__power
Not until June, and the deadline isn't until August. :smile:

june :frown: all my friends have sorted theres at other unis... is it early june? :tongue:

& is it 1st come 1st serve or randomly selected?
Original post by good morning
june :frown: all my friends have sorted theres at other unis... is it early june? :tongue:

& is it 1st come 1st serve or randomly selected?

When you apply you rank them in order of preference, including information about whether you would like a smoking or same-sex flat and they try to accommodate everyone as best as possible. It is always better to apply early, FCFS or not. It certainly isn't random.

When you secure your accommodation is largely irrelevant - the same assurance your friends have will be afforded you as well and in practice it makes no difference. I wouldn't worry too much, you have plenty of time to research it if you so wish.

:smile:
Reply 17
I am :smile:

Doing social psychology & sociology.

I'm also planning to apply for North Towers accomodation

x
Hi, my name is Jennifer. I'm *hopefully* going to be studying Biochemistry at the University of Essex in October. I'll be staying at the Colchester Campus. My insurance choice is Wolverhampton University. I'd like to get to know a few people before I go if possible, though.
Original post by jendra9311
Hi, my name is Jennifer. I'm *hopefully* going to be studying Biochemistry at the University of Essex in October. I'll be staying at the Colchester Campus. My insurance choice is Wolverhampton University. I'd like to get to know a few people before I go if possible, though.

Might be worth seeing if there are any groups on facebook, you'll share most of first year with the biomeds.

Quick Reply

Latest