The Student Room Group

AQA BIOL1 Biology Unit 1 Exam - 16th May 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Liron Ingleby
im so pissed at myself i didnt see the ADAPTED part of the last question so all i wrote was:

sodium potassium pump, active transport, atp, diffusino gradients, co transport, facillated diffusion all the stuff.
IS THAT NO MARKS?

I thought it said how is glucose absorbed not how is cell adapted for absorption?

I think thats right |:
urgh im pissed off...... wrote too much about villi which won't be credited apparently.
Cambridge have a special access scheme and you sound like a perfect candidate.
Original post by EffKayy
I think thats right |:
urgh im pissed off...... wrote too much about villi which won't be credited apparently.

Why won't it be credited? Isn't having villi/microvilli to increase s/a an adaption? :s-smilie:
i didnt mention sodium potasium pump or carrier proteins

i swer it sed adaptations of epitalil cells in small intestine, i spoke about vili which it hink is differnt but i put like diffsuino conc gradient, large sA?

i swear epithelial cells is different from villi
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by SpecialApple
Why won't it be credited? Isn't having villi/microvilli to increase s/a an adaption? :s-smilie:

epithelial cells isnt villi.. isi t?
Original post by kingsmod1
i didnt mention sodium potasium pump or carrier proteins

i swer it sed adaptations of epitalil cells in small intestine, i spoke about vili which it hink is differnt but i put like diffsuino conc gradient, large sA?

i swear epithelial cells is different from villi

That what im saying, i misread the question and didnt put ANY adaptions, literally just explained the uptake of glucose using all those terms. Do you think i'll get any marks at all?

IF NOT GOODBYE 100 UMS
Yeah, Individual epithelial cells have microvilli
just to calrify the answer is epithelial cells have vill/microvilli which is adapted by hvin diffusion distance less, lartge sa etc..........
Please can somebody tell me all the stuff for the villi was wrong so i can r.i.p?
Original post by EffKayy
Please can somebody tell me all the stuff for the villi was wrong so i can r.i.p?

no its right, its got nothing to do wid sodium potasium pump or carrier, they sed how it is ADAPTED and epithelial cells have microvilli which icreases SA
no its right, its got nothing to do wid sodium potasium pump or carrier, they sed how it is ADAPTED and epithelial cells have microvilli which icreases SA

it was 6marks., what else could you put for that |:
Original post by EffKayy
it was 6marks., what else could you put for that |:

first 1 i didnt mention but many mitochondra for atp
short diffusion distance
large sa
blood vessels manitiang conc gradeiennt
other stuff lol

maybe carrier protiens

**** that means ive lost 6 marks completely straight there becuase i didnt realise it said adapted so didnt talk about any of that stuff at all. OMFG
I NEED AN A IN IT!
first 1 i didnt mention but many mitochondra for atp
short diffusion distance
large sa
blood vessels manitiang conc gradeiennt
other stuff lol

maybe carrier protiens

I really do hope you're right :smile:
**** that means ive lost 6 marks completely straight there becuase i didnt realise it said adapted so didnt talk about any of that stuff at all. OMFG
I NEED AN A IN IT!

calm down dude we both might be right, id be happy if i got 3/6 on tht 1 to be honest
I NEED AN A IN IT!

Don't worry you still got extra, and clearing and...

Well i guess you're screwed.

Just joking, I'm probably more screwed considering I haven't revised a single minute for any of my exams.
Original post by Stratos
Don't worry you still got extra, and clearing and...

Well i guess you're screwed.

Just joking, I'm probably more screwed considering I haven't revised a single minute for any of my exams.

lol thts a gd way to put it
jus do lots of practice papers
dont hve to work all day and make stupid notes lol
Kingsmod is this a resit for you? if so what did you get last time
yes it is, i got low C last time so not good.

and dont worry bout last Q im sure every1 will share the spoils lol
yes it is, i got low C last time so not good.

and dont worry bout last Q im sure every1 will share the spoils lol

im hoping the 6marker will bring the boundaries a bit down due to the fact that it was vagueeeeee.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending