The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Yeh i hope it is Cardiff too. Would be amazing for Welsh football!! As much as i want Swansea to go up being my home town, Cardiff i would not mind up there too.

Original post by Jackthevillain
Reading are our last hope.

And we were singing, hymns and arias, Land of my fathers, ar hyd y nos
And we were singing, hymns and arias, Land of my fathers, ar hyd y nos!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reading are our last hope.

Please. Just stop it. You are really embarrassing yourself.
I wouldn't mind a Welsh team in the Premier League, don't really care. However, I do support Reading, so...
Original post by Gob Bluth
Yeh i hope it is Cardiff too. Would be amazing for Welsh football!! As much as i want Swansea to go up being my home town, Cardiff i would not mind up there too.

And we were singing, hymns and arias, Land of my fathers, ar hyd y nos
And we were singing, hymns and arias, Land of my fathers, ar hyd y nos!

Yer too bad most your population cant speak the native language of your country lmao.
What a load of ****, should have had 3 penalties over the 2 games! We absolutely battered Swansea 2nd half and should have won.

Still, I am so proud of our players and I hope we can push on next year. Well done to Swansea
Swansea v Cardiff final would be sweet :biggrin:
Yer too bad most your population cant speak the native language of your country lmao.

At least quite a large proportion of us can speak the native language (or can speak some of it). The only people in England who can are those who speak Cornish.
Original post by Colonel.
I wouldn't mind a Welsh team in the Premier League, don't really care. However, I do support Reading, so...

I am now a Reading fan
Reply 6048
Original post by Rock Fan
Is there actually any MK Dons fans in their stadium against Peterborough?

12, 662 attendance with 4379 away, means there was 8283 of us

Got my ticket for the away leg as well, hoping we can finally succeed in the playoffs and beat that wife beaters team
Obviously I want us to beat Reading, but the thought of all the Welsh driving up the m4 together.. not to mention the fact we'd lose to them as well :rolleyes:

Blueeeeeeebirds!
Original post by roseroserose.
but the thought of all the Welsh driving up the m4 together

If we do win, I can't see that happening. It'll be a bubble trip with one set of fans bussed along the M4, and the other set bussed along a different way (up through Cheltenham over to Oxford, then down to London I'd guess).
Original post by WelshBluebird
If we do win, I can't see that happening. It'll be a bubble trip with one set of fans bussed along the M4, and the other set bussed along a different way (up through Cheltenham over to Oxford, then down to London I'd guess).

Probably, not many other ways of doing it. Just a shame & probably awkward for a lot of fans. Coach companies will love it however!

Small case of getting into the final though:biggrin: Feel sick just thinking about it, watching the pens last year was awful.
Original post by roseroserose.
Probably, not many other ways of doing it. Just a shame & probably awkward for a lot of fans. Coach companies will love it however!

Small case of getting into the final though:biggrin: Feel sick just thinking about it, watching the pens last year was awful.

Although thinking about it, then could do both down the M4, but make it so that the different fans have to stop at different services on the way. Not sure tbh, and doing that would need a huge police presence to enforce it!

But yeah, I'm already nervous as hell. Just wish I could be there tonight. Oh well, sky will have to do.
Original post by WelshBluebird
Although thinking about it, then could do both down the M4, but make it so that the different fans have to stop at different services on the way. Not sure tbh, and doing that would need a huge police presence to enforce it!

But yeah, I'm already nervous as hell. Just wish I could be there tonight. Oh well, sky will have to do.

Well I'm sure it would be very interesting, and the whole media industry would thrive on how the Welsh are complete scumbags that love a good fight. Or just Cardiff, because Swansea are the Welsh equivalent of Arsenal and play such a lovely passing game, so they can do no wrong :biggrin: In all honesty I don't think it would be as bad as everyone would first think, most people would be too jittery.

Ah I'm going (despite my 3 exams later this week) but I'm not looking forward to it. Hate the eery silence ten minutes into the game when you can tell we're just not going to play well.
Youth Cup Final at Bramall Lane tonight. First leg against Manchester United with the second leg on Monday night.
Sold out now...brilliant support after such an awful season with the first team. Yes, the tickets are only £3 and free to season ticket holders but it is still brilliant support. Come on you Blades! :biggrin:
Cardiff deserve to lose because they have Jlloyd Samuel as Left Back just wow I thought he would be playing in like Scottish first division now.
Reply 6056
Matt Mills immense for Reading, great find wherever they got him from. Another player I like is Jay E-T but he has been plop for Cardiff in this game. I agree with above too, Samuel is rubbish.
Nice mention on London Tonight about AFC Wimbledon and how they might win promotion to the League on Saturday.
Fantastic performance by Reading, hope they go on to win promotion now. Can see Dave Jones getting sacked pretty shortly
Typical Cardiff. Not upto it when it matters.
Not helped by some referring decisions (possible penalties and a definite handball by their keeper), but still no excuse for how poor we have been.

Latest