The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by glampav
Hello Everyone !

I attended for Sainsburys interview for General assistant post at Emerson's green , Bristol , night shift and weekly 20hrs , the interview went very well which happened on May 7th at 9.30 pm , but i haven't heard anything from them till now ?

I and my other friend together attended the interview for the same post and same shift , but none of us got any reply ?

What are the chances of getting job in my case ?

Shall i give them a call ?

Advance thanks for any suggestions !

You could give them a call but I wouldn't panic. Took them two weeks before they got in touch with me. :smile:
Reply 8481
Original post by affinity89
You could give them a call but I wouldn't panic. Took them two weeks before they got in touch with me. :smile:

Thanks for the advice , i will wait this week and see how it goes !
Does anyone know sainsbury's policy on earrings? I work on checkouts.
I was looking to get mine done but if it wasn't allowed then I may have to wait a while. :/
Original post by Saliency
Does anyone know sainsbury's policy on earrings? I work on checkouts.
I was looking to get mine done but if it wasn't allowed then I may have to wait a while. :/

Officially I think the booklet says plain studs only. But, I wear studs with gem stones in and no one has passed comment. And, quite a few of the women wear small hooped earrings. :smile:
omg :biggrin: I AM LEAVING SAINSBURYS!!!!!!!
Original post by inksplodge

That's amazing! :biggrin: The other job has come through then?

When do you finish?
Officially I think the booklet says plain studs only. But, I wear studs with gem stones in and no one has passed comment. And, quite a few of the women wear small hooped earrings. :smile:

Ah okay thank you! I'll double check when i'm next in.
+Rep
Reply 8487

Congratu****inglations :tongue:+ rep for that too LOL, oh wait "Please rate some other members before rating this member again. " :frown:
That's amazing! :biggrin: The other job has come through then?

When do you finish?

Original post by DDS
Congratu****inglations :tongue:+ rep for that too LOL, oh wait "Please rate some other members before rating this member again. " :frown:

yes! :biggrin: well i am gonna have to give 4 weeks notice. going to ask my new employer if i can have friday afternoons off for the first 3 weeks as working all day for 5 days then doing 2 ngiht shifts will probabtly kill me to be honest lol. last day will be 11th june!
yes! :biggrin: well i am gonna have to give 4 weeks notice. going to ask my new employer if i can have friday afternoons off for the first 3 weeks as working all day for 5 days then doing 2 ngiht shifts will probabtly kill me to be honest lol. last day will be 11th june!

Aside from working so much in the meantime, it is so cool that you are finally getting off the night shift. Having a finish date is also a very good feeling. June 4th can't come quick enough for me lol! :biggrin:
Aside from working so much in the meantime, it is so cool that you are finally getting off the night shift. Having a finish date is also a very good feeling. June 4th can't come quick enough for me lol! :biggrin:

i mean id love to give less notice but i need the reference and erm, im sure id be entitled to some holiday pay right? :s-smilie:
i mean id love to give less notice but i need the reference and erm, im sure id be entitled to some holiday pay right? :s-smilie:

I've already voiced my thoughts on the notice period lol. I really wish it wasn't so long. It is a bit of a drag!

You should be. Holiday runs April to March, and you get roughly 1 week of holiday per 2 months. So, if you haven't taken any since April, you should have at least 1 week to take or be paid. :smile:

Sadly, I used my 1 week [or 12 hours as it is in my case] up over the Royal Wedding weekend [just because I wanted to go home for a bit]. If I were to take any more now, they would dock my wages to make up for it. Plus, they won't actually let me take anything as someone has overbooked the holidays by over 100 hours this month. Eeck.
I've already voiced my thoughts on the notice period lol. I really wish it wasn't so long. It is a bit of a drag!

You should be. Holiday runs April to March, and you get roughly 1 week of holiday per 2 months. So, if you haven't taken any since April, you should have at least 1 week to take or be paid. :smile:

Sadly, I used my 1 week [or 12 hours as it is in my case] up over the Royal Wedding weekend [just because I wanted to go home for a bit]. If I were to take any more now, they would dock my wages to make up for it. Plus, they won't actually let me take anything as someone has overbooked the holidays by over 100 hours this month. Eeck.

well i've only had 10 hours so far ( normally be 20) so i'm assuming i'd be entitled to a little bit :smile:
I HATE working on fresh. It's impossible to go into work without the currys or soups leaking on me.

What happens at the end of the probation period? I've been working for 3 months, and haven't had a single review yet
Original post by number-11
I HATE working on fresh. It's impossible to go into work without the currys or soups leaking on me.

What happens at the end of the probation period? I've been working for 3 months, and haven't had a single review yet

I didn't have a review until I had been working there over 4 months. That review ended up being me filling in a form about how I felt - as if it were 4 weeks into my employment - and another as if it were 11 weeks. That was all. No discussion or anything.

So, I certainly wouldn't worry about it. :smile:
Original post by number-11

try working homebake, its leaks galore! flour everywhere, flippin syrup and juice as well :frown:

actually i think yoghurs are worse than readymeals cos the yoghurts have the tendency to split open. madagascan custard, you smell lovely and all but having you all over my legs wasn't pleasant.

going to hand in my notice today :eek3:
why have i been neg repped for my post :tongue: at least give me a counter argument if you're gonna neg
Reply 8497
going to hand in my notice today :eek3:

Oh really, have you got another job lined up or are you just sick of it?
Original post by FXX
Oh really, have you got another job lined up or are you just sick of it?

i have been offered another job! i start on wednesday :smile:
rejected ffs. does anybody know if you can apply again for a different department or not?

Latest

Trending

Trending