The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Original post by Phobia27
Haha sorry went to a lecture :p: Congratulations on getting a place in the best hall :sexface:

:colondollar: yay.
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Reply 201
Hi,
Did everyone that applied for accommodation today get the room that they wanted? Just interested as it will be my turn in a couple of weeks!
Reply 202
Original post by Whistle
Hi,
Did everyone that applied for accommodation today get the room that they wanted? Just interested as it will be my turn in a couple of weeks!

I signed on at 9.02 and had my room by 9.08 lol. When you sign on, you get a list of available halls, and then you select which one you wanted. I rushed to get mine done cos I wasn't sure if I went later it'd still be there, but I'd say get the bill mo room as fast as you can cos personally I think its the best. I mean the room is purple AND there's a billmo app on droids and app store :smile:
I wonder, are all the en suite rooms with showers or bath?
Cheers!
Original post by christinestwong
Cheers!

Showers.
Reply 205
Cheers!

They're all showers. Maybe in the houses you may get a bath, but cos that takes up too much space, on campus it's a shower. And bill mo has one of the better showers cos it's separated by a door, but in rigg-rutt and bakewell, it's a wet room so if you have a shower, the whole floor more or less gets wet cos there's nothing to stop the water from going further underneath the shower curtain :smile:
Original post by Potally_Tissed
Showers.

Original post by babyinks
They're all showers. Maybe in the houses you may get a bath, but cos that takes up too much space, on campus it's a shower. And bill mo has one of the better showers cos it's separated by a door, but in rigg-rutt and bakewell, it's a wet room so if you have a shower, the whole floor more or less gets wet cos there's nothing to stop the water from going further underneath the shower curtain :smile:

Thanks!
I watched a video about rooms at Towers. They have bath instead of showers.:smile:
but do I have to queue for them? (coz they are shared bathrooms...)
Reply 207
Thanks!
I watched a video about rooms at Towers. They have bath instead of showers.:smile:
but do I have to queue for them? (coz they are shared bathrooms...)

You wouldn't really cos they may have a different lecture/seminar time to you, but I guess it depends on how many people you share with and if you all like showering at a certain time in the morning.

But from all my friends and siblings stories, I haven't heard any or then say they had to wait for the shower. More often though, they complain that someone used up their shower gel, or left water all over the floor or things like that
You wouldn't really cos they may have a different lecture/seminar time to you, but I guess it depends on how many people you share with and if you all like showering at a certain time in the morning.

But from all my friends and siblings stories, I haven't heard any or then say they had to wait for the shower. More often though, they complain that someone used up their shower gel, or left water all over the floor or things like that

I see... as long as waiting is not an issue, I'll be fine with it, since I really want a bath but not showers... :colondollar: and the rooms in Towers are really nice!
Reply 209
I see... as long as waiting is not an issue, I'll be fine with it, since I really want a bath but not showers... :colondollar: and the rooms in Towers are really nice!

I didn't look at towers cos I wanted to be able to eat whatever I want whenever I wanted to. Cos the breakfast in catered finishes at 9.30 or 10.30 I can't fully remember, but I just know that I would have to wake up early to eat. Andthe dinner is a set time, however I think you can reserve the dinner to be collects in case your lecture is at the same time as dinner (it can happen)

But I have heard that towers rooms are bigger than most other rooms :smile:
I didn't look at towers cos I wanted to be able to eat whatever I want whenever I wanted to. Cos the breakfast in catered finishes at 9.30 or 10.30 I can't fully remember, but I just know that I would have to wake up early to eat. Andthe dinner is a set time, however I think you can reserve the dinner to be collects in case your lecture is at the same time as dinner (it can happen)

But I have heard that towers rooms are bigger than most other rooms :smile:

ohh... and yes, Towers rooms are really spacious and they have good views... :smile:
Reply 211
ohh... and yes, Towers rooms are really spacious and they have good views... :smile:

lol hopefully that wont happen to you cos that would suck bad lol

but heres the meal times just so you know:
Meal services take lecture times into account and can vary slightly between dining halls. Approximate serving times are:

Breakfast 8am 8.45am. Late Continental Breakfast 8.45am 9.30am.
Lunch 12.00pm 1.30pm. Dinner 5.00pm 6.30pm.

Weekends only:

Brunch 11.30am 1pm. Evening Meal 4.45pm 6pm

so those arent set in stone and it may be different in towers, but i think on average these are the times that food is served if you can live with that, then by all means go for towers, and even if youre not sure, next year you can return to halls and you may decide to go for catered then :smile:
lol hopefully that wont happen to you cos that would suck bad lol

but heres the meal times just so you know:
Meal services take lecture times into account and can vary slightly between dining halls. Approximate serving times are:

Breakfast 8am 8.45am. Late Continental Breakfast 8.45am 9.30am.
Lunch 12.00pm 1.30pm. Dinner 5.00pm 6.30pm.

Weekends only:

Brunch 11.30am 1pm. Evening Meal 4.45pm 6pm

so those arent set in stone and it may be different in towers, but i think on average these are the times that food is served if you can live with that, then by all means go for towers, and even if youre not sure, next year you can return to halls and you may decide to go for catered then :smile:

Thanks! :smile:
I signed on at 9.02 and had my room by 9.08 lol. When you sign on, you get a list of available halls, and then you select which one you wanted. I rushed to get mine done cos I wasn't sure if I went later it'd still be there, but I'd say get the bill mo room as fast as you can cos personally I think its the best. I mean the room is purple AND there's a billmo app on droids and app store :smile:

I think all the rooms are cream coloured then they have this random bit of wall above the wardrobe which is purple, or in my case, pink :p:
Reply 214
Original post by Phobia27
I think all the rooms are cream coloured then they have this random bit of wall above the wardrobe which is purple, or in my case, pink :p:

haha kk. but still, we have coloured walls and not the standard prison white walls :biggrin:
Reply 215
Got my Bill Mo Standard sorted! woooo!
Reply 216
anybody go for rigg rut?
guys when I can apply for the accommodation? i applied to the uni separately not through the ucas!
Reply 218
Original post by atif1991
anybody go for rigg rut?

Maybe, but cant apply yet until the end of May!
Reply 219

Has any conditional applicant received an accommodation email yet?

Latest

Trending

Trending