On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

The Ultimate Southampton University Accommodation Thread 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by shygirl135
Ahh so you can't choose highfield specifically?

if you put down catered and small halls, the only small halls that are catered are highfields. so you would get Highfield with those options i think
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
When applying for the accomodation.. i cant register because it says there is an error in my personal details...im guessing its my student ID....but on my letter for my offer it says banner ID...is that the same as student ID? if not where do i get my student ID from? thanks
Reply 62
I firmed Southampton via UCAS a week before easter and want to apply for accomodation but still haven't heard anything directly from the University so have no Student ID yet. How long did it take for letters to come through and should I be chasing them up about it yet?
Reply 63
Original post by jensiwoo
I firmed Southampton via UCAS a week before easter and want to apply for accomodation but still haven't heard anything directly from the University so have no Student ID yet. How long did it take for letters to come through and should I be chasing them up about it yet?

It took a while as far as I remember. You can call your department and ask for it if u want, or if you have the acknowledgment postcard (from when you applied to soton) you can find your ID there too. Don't stress about it, it's not like it's July now, there's plenty of time for applying
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 64
Original post by jensiwoo

Just e-mail the admissions tutor for your subject saying you've firmed them. That's what I did. I got a reply with my student ID within minutes.
Reply 65
Original post by .Theory
Okay, so now that I have actually firmed Southampton, I need to research accommodation...

Which halls are best for social life and sport? I'll be joining the American Football and Athletics clubs, which I'll be pretty dedicated to, so easy access to those training grounds would be nice. But in my down time I want to have lots of fun obviously, so perhaps it'd be best to keep some distance from the science/engineering buildings? I generally get on better with people who aren't scientists...

repost because I still have no clue where to go
Reply 66
I have just done my application. Ensuite Glen Eyre, Premium Glen Eyre and Ensuite Wessex lanes. But I also wanted to apply to Aubrey Hall, but it wouldn't let me on the site. any ideaas?
Original post by jimimick

Original post by jimimick
Do you actually choose which halls you want to be in? Ive just applied but didnt choose 3 halls.... im quite confused, every1 went that page where it said over 28 days stay right?

i think you went the wrong page.it's for visitors !!
Reply 68
Do you only get a contract offer when you get your resluts?!
Original post by Smith92
I have just done my application. Ensuite Glen Eyre, Premium Glen Eyre and Ensuite Wessex lanes.

Same! :biggrin:
Reply 70
Will it be too late if I wait until after my exams (end of June) to apply for accommodation. Feeling worried if it's done on a 1st come 1st served basis...
Reply 71
Original post by nonet
Will it be too late if I wait until after my exams (end of June) to apply for accommodation. Feeling worried if it's done on a 1st come 1st served basis...

The accomodation from what I can gather is not 1st come 1st served, and therefore you can apply after your exams. You have to have your application done and sumbitted by the 1st of August.

:smile:
Reply 72
Original post by Thepupil
The accomodation from what I can gather is not 1st come 1st served, and therefore you can apply after your exams. You have to have your application done and sumbitted by the 1st of August.

:smile:

Looks like I've got plenty of time. Thanks mate, repped :smile:
Reply 73
Hey !

I have an unconditionnal offer for a taught MSc and I'd like to know what's the best way to obtain an accomodation offer in uni halls, since I am a new EU student... :s-smilie:

Do some halls have more postgrad rooms ? I would then select room type accordingly (I don't really care about that, I'd just prefer cheap rooms !)

Thanks for the help :smile: !
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 74
Did anyone fill out a Personality Profile page for Accomodation at Southampton University.. I didnt, Was there even a page for that??

Other people from other universities were asked about themselves...
Reply 75
I've had an offer of J-block self catered but the website catering table thingy says that only part catered and fully catered is offered in J-block?
Am i going to be in the kitchen alone for a year?
Bit confused!

help??
Reply 76
Original post by pclarke
I've had an offer of J-block self catered but the website catering table thingy says that only part catered and fully catered is offered in J-block?
Am i going to be in the kitchen alone for a year?
Bit confused!

help??

No, Glen Eyre's all self-catered this year, the website's just not been updated.
Reply 77
Ah brilliant. mini panic over! Thanks :smile:
Reply 78
Glen Eyre facebook page https://www.facebook.com/GlenEyreJCR
Reply 79
Is there any postgraduate student who received accommodation offer or is in "processing" state? My application is still "Submitted" :frown: They said the process is not first come&first served :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending