The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Glee Society... No Future Spoilers

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rickkkkk
I have exams next week (well I have one this Friday too) so I most probably wont be able to watch it live D:
I'll have to check if the exam is on wednesday.
YES. NO EXAMS ON WEDNESDAY.
Sorry, I'm just being a bit strange here.
I really hope I have something to distract me after Glee's gone :frown:

:hello: You're the other guy they were mentioning! :h: Nice to know I'm not the only guy in here :colondollar:
Reply 5641
Original post by e hine e
I wasn't as in to Glee as I am now when the tickets came out so missed out on all the good seats :frown: so sad.

A lot of people were disappointed in the rocky horror ep (I've never seen the film) but I thought it was okay, the songs were fun and at least it made some people go and discover the musical I suppose. I think they literally did it as a high school glee club would do it, which toned it down a bit. I thought Kurt as Riff Raff was great.

I'm just watching Kurt's 'butch' phase from season 1. So funny :rofl:

That's what I love about Glee the most. It reminded me of so many awesome artists.
Half of my itunes is because of them. (Fleetwood Mac, Journey, Queen, Rocky Horror <3,etc)
Haha, Brittany was hilarious "KURT: Your lips taste like root beer. What do boy's lips taste like? BRITTANY: USUALLY DIP." :biggrin: LAWL.
Reply 5642
Original post by neillya1
I didn't like it :sad: Toned it down way too much. I love the film, but it just didn't do it for me :sad:

Gutted I don't have tickets to see Glee, didn't really know about it when they went on sale :cry:

Anyway I've spent the morning singing to Glee songs since I'm home alone :h: Nothing cheers you up quite like that :tongue:

Yeah, the original was much better. I'm actually rocking out to Rose Tint My World right now :biggrin:
Yeah, there's another guy here, but does it really matter? All we are here are Glee lovers :biggrin: Aren't you the guy that helped me out the other day? Thanks btw :smile:

Yeah, there's another guy here, but does it really matter? All we are here are Glee lovers :biggrin: Aren't you the guy that helped me out the other day? Thanks btw :smile:

Doesn't matter at all :h: Was just making a point :tongue:

And I don't think I did.... must've been someone else :tongue:

Anyway, I hate the Daily Mail so ****ing much :angry: homophobia at its finest, both from the paper and the comments, not to mention just taking the piss out of Glee whenever they can.

Here's a few (disgusting) quotes from the articles:

Comedian turned politico Victoria Jackson has branded the latest episode of Glee 'sickening' after it screened a gay kiss.

She wrote: 'Did you see Glee this week? Sickening!'

'And, besides shoving the gay thing down our throats, they made a mockery of Christians again! I wonder what their agenda is?

'Hey, producers of Glee what's your agenda? One-way tolerance?'

In the episode, two gay characters Kurt (Chris Colfer) and Blaine (Darren Criss) share a long-awaited kiss.

'Everyone knows that two men on a wedding cake is a comedy skit, not an "alternate lifestyle"! There I said it! Ridiculous!'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1368126/Victoria-Jackson-brands-Glee-gay-kiss-scene-sickening.html

Commenters on the "best comments" bit saying she's right/"Free speech".....

Now I'm probably one of the most tolerant people you could ever meet - I think people should have the right to whatever opinions they want, their choice. People should be able to say what they want but not if it causes direct offence to others.

I don't have a problem with someone saying "I don't agree with homosexuality"/"I don't think it's right" but they have to respect it - that's free speech. What she promotes is hate speech. Disgusting.

Examples of some of the comments from readers (these are the highest rated ones):

I did think it was kind of lame that an episode about tolerence had to be so agressively anti-Christian. Why such a mixed message? Tolerance for all points of view, right? Right?

Freedom of speech. She has every right to say what she wants. Let's see how "tolerant" others are of it.

I agree with her !!! I'm not against a person's sexuality but I am apposed to having it shoved down my throat by a TV program.

That last quote really makes me laugh - It's the classic case of "I'm not homophobic but...." Sorry love, what you just wrote was homophobic and highly offensive. Does every straight kiss shove heterosexuality down your throat? What if I said I can't stand heterosexual kisses on TV - imagine the reaction these people would have?

Like I said, I'm really tolerant of everyone and their views, but if I ever meet the woman that article is on about I will actually punch her. In the face. Really ****ing hard. Then maybe do it again for good measure.

Or just have sex with my boyfriend right in front of her. That'll **** her up.

The comments on the Klaine kiss are disgunsting too:

Not a TV show goes by these days without a gay story in it. It seem they want to promote this lifestyle to our young generation as early as possible. We must wonder, why?

Oh, I don't know dumb****, maybe to promote tolerance? Maybe, you know, homosexuals are fed up of being bullied like Kurt, maybe Ryan Murphy is trying to tell people there's no need to bully someone. Maybe enough gay people at schools have decided to take their own life that something needs to be done to change bigoted attitudes like yours?

I'd like to put her through one ****ing day of what I went through at school, then we'll see how she feels.

So homosexuals = 1% of the US population, but are somehow part of 90% of tv/movie plotlines. Are there any tv series left that don't have a character identified as homosexual? Why aren't the Eskimos and American Indians in alllll the plotlines? They have no representation at all despite making up the same percentage of population. Are the writers anti-Eski? Or just really determined that homosexuality should be the all-consuming central focus of society?

:angry:

If anyone has been "waiting" for that display, I feel sorry for you. Yuk.

You're second in line to be punched in the face. Maybe in the ovaries too to ensure you can't ever have kids and bring them up in your bigoted ways.

Article for second lot of quotes:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1366929/Glees-Kurt-finally-shares-kiss-crush-Blaine.html

And one of the worst rated comments? This:

You won't find anything more sensual than a man who is completely comfortable with his sexuality and knows who he his. Darren Criss is such a man. Complete confidence in who he is. Doesn't get any better than that!

I don't know how my own dad can read this paper sometimes. Then again, he is a colossal **** most of the time when it comes to me.

Sorry for the wall of text everyone! :tongue:

I'm just so pissed off I had to share it :colondollar:

Anyway, I hate the Daily Mail so ****ing much :angry: homophobia at its finest, both from the paper and the comments, not to mention just taking the piss out of Glee whenever they can.

Here's a few (disgusting) quotes from the articles:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1368126/Victoria-Jackson-brands-Glee-gay-kiss-scene-sickening.html

Commenters on the &quot;best comments&quot; bit saying she's right/&quot;Free speech&quot;.....

Now I'm probably one of the most tolerant people you could ever meet - I think people should have the right to whatever opinions they want, their choice. People should be able to say what they want but not if it causes direct offence to others.

I don't have a problem with someone saying &quot;I don't agree with homosexuality&quot;/&quot;I don't think it's right&quot; but they have to respect it - that's free speech. What she promotes is hate speech. Disgusting.

Examples of some of the comments from readers (these are the highest rated ones):

That last quote really makes me laugh - It's the classic case of &quot;I'm not homophobic but....&quot; Sorry love, what you just wrote was homophobic and highly offensive. Does every straight kiss shove heterosexuality down your throat? What if I said I can't stand heterosexual kisses on TV - imagine the reaction these people would have?

Like I said, I'm really tolerant of everyone and their views, but if I ever meet the woman that article is on about I will actually punch her. In the face. Really ****ing hard. Then maybe do it again for good measure.

Or just have sex with my boyfriend right in front of her. That'll **** her up.

The comments on the Klaine kiss are disgunsting too:

Oh, I don't know dumb****, maybe to promote tolerance? Maybe, you know, homosexuals are fed up of being bullied like Kurt, maybe Ryan Murphy is trying to tell people there's no need to bully someone. Maybe enough gay people at schools have decided to take their own life that something needs to be done to change bigoted attitudes like yours?

I'd like to put her through one ****ing day of what I went through at school, then we'll see how she feels.

You're second in line to be punched in the face. Maybe in the ovaries too to ensure you can't ever have kids and bring them up in your bigoted ways.

Article for second lot of quotes:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1366929/Glees-Kurt-finally-shares-kiss-crush-Blaine.html

And one of the worst rated comments? This:

I don't know how my own dad can read this paper sometimes. Then again, he is a colossal **** most of the time when it comes to me.

Sorry for the wall of text everyone! :tongue:

I'm just so pissed off I had to share it :colondollar:

There was a video of those Victoria Jackson comments, you should've seen us tear it apart on here.

For one, Glee isn't anti-Christian. They only made fun of conservative christians who spread hate around. They had a whole episode dedicated to religion and made it clear that at least one of the main characters went to church. Even in that episode she was talking about Mercedes was shown clapping along to the religious number so her comments there were ridiculous. You should see the video of it, that woman is clearly an idiot.
Reply 5645

Spoiler

Sound familiar? :smile:

Spoiler

Sound familiar? :smile:

Ahhh it's you! :h: Yes that was me :smile:

:hello: Hello! :smile: :hugs: Didn't realise you were the same person, I'm used to the LGBT Society being so Anti-Glee :tongue:
To those of you up to date with the American episodes, what number are you on? Is Prom Queen the last one?

To those of you up to date with the American episodes, what number are you on? Is Prom Queen the last one?

:yep:

The next one is tonight and I for one will be watching it on livestream, 1am this morning.

Just realised I put tonight, then 1am this morning. You know what I mean.
:yep:

The next one is tonight and I for one will be watching it on livestream, 1am this morning.

Just realised I put tonight, then 1am this morning. You know what I mean.

Hehe :smile:

Do you have a link to the Livestream? :smile:

I'm on E19 now, almost up to date :h:

Hehe :smile:

Do you have a link to the Livestream? :smile:

I'm on E19 now, almost up to date :h:

http://tvpc.com/Channel.php?ChannelID=1730

It's not always the highest quality but the opportunity for live flailing on here is too great to resist. Then you can rewatch it the day after in high quality :woo:
Reply 5651
I'm not livestreaming it tonight although I really want to.

I do have an exam at 9am tomorrow but I highly doubt I will be making it... I'm trying to force myself to stay awake at the moment...
In 6 hours time I can knock myself out with codeine though! :woo:
Original post by Hravan

Original post by Hravan

I do have an exam at 9am tomorrow but I highly doubt I will be making it... I'm trying to force myself to stay awake at the moment...

:sad: hope you're feeling better soon :hugs:
http://tvpc.com/Channel.php?ChannelID=1730

It's not always the highest quality but the opportunity for live flailing on here is too great to resist. Then you can rewatch it the day after in high quality :woo:

Thankyou! :lovehug:

Original post by Hravan

Get well soon! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: If you do make it to the exam then best of luck :h:
Reply 5654
Ahhh it's you! :h: Yes that was me :smile:

:hello: Hello! :smile: :hugs: Didn't realise you were the same person, I'm used to the LGBT Society being so Anti-Glee :tongue:

Yeah, thanks for the advice by the way :smile:
Yeah, thanks for the advice by the way :smile:

You're welcome :smile:

Been picture hunting today :h: Most of these have probably been posted by you guys but oh well :tongue:

:teehee: Sexy Chris! Something about this picture :giggle:

:h:

So sweet :h:

:rofl: :rofl:

Oh Kurt... what are you looking at???
Any cute guys sitting in a classroom across?
:rofl:

Wait... isn't this guy at Dalton? :confused:

N'awwwww sweeeeeeeet :h:

Sorry if they've all been posted before, first time I've seen them though:colondollar:

You're welcome :smile:

Been picture hunting today :h: Most of these have probably been posted by you guys but oh well :tongue:

:teehee: Sexy Chris! Something about this picture :giggle:

:h:

So sweet :h:

:rofl: :rofl:

Wait... isn't this guy at Dalton? :confused:

N'awwwww sweeeeeeeet :h:

Sorry if they've all been posted before, first time I've seen them though:colondollar:

I approve of this picspam. Some have been posted, others haven't but who really cares? It's GLEE :party:

I love that one with all the quotes on. Reminds me of the Klaine journey we've all been on. Wasn't Baby It's Cold Outside the sweetest thing ever? I might go off and watch that now actually...

That is the guy from Dalton, most of the Warblers were already extras or studio singers on the show :rofl:

And yes, I did quote all the pictures. Can never be too much of a good thing.
Reply 5657
I approve of this picspam. Some have been posted, others haven't but who really cares? It's GLEE :party:

I love that one with all the quotes on. Reminds me of the Klaine journey we've all been on. Wasn't Baby It's Cold Outside the sweetest thing ever? I might go off and watch that now actually...

That is the guy from Dalton, most of the Warblers were already extras or studio singers on the show :rofl:

And yes, I did quote all the pictures. Can never be too much of a good thing.

Love Love Love Baby Its Cold Outside. My second favorite Dalton song after Bills :biggrin:
Actually made that christmas episode (which I wasn't the biggest fan of) more bearable :smile:

Baby It's Cold Outside is AMAZING :awesome: I just wanted to hug both of them, so sweet :h:

:rofl: Makes sense I guess, it stops the need to do more auditions :tongue:

And yes, I did quote all the pictures. Can never be too much of a good thing

:yes: Very true!

Just watching Rumors - "Don't cry Sammy" :cry: Just wanted to give him a biiiiiiig hug! :hugs:
Love Love Love Baby Its Cold Outside. My second favorite Dalton song after Bills :biggrin:
Actually made that christmas episode (which I wasn't the biggest fan of) more bearable :smile:

I liked parts of the Christmas episode, once again I thought the Sue/grinch storyline wasn't necessary. I liked Rachel's songs (as always, even though she does get too many) and I liked the Christmassy feel it gave me. That song made it though. I love Bills more than words can say. Sassy Blaine was very cool.

Baby It's Cold Outside is AMAZING :awesome: I just wanted to hug both of them, so sweet :h:

:rofl: Makes sense I guess, it stops the need to do more auditions :tongue:

:yes: Very true!

Just watching Rumors - &quot;Don't cry Sammy&quot; :cry: Just wanted to give him a biiiiiiig hug! :hugs:

I was crying when Sam started crying :cry:

Enjoy the prom episode next :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest