The Student Room Group

AQA BIOL2 Biology Unit 2 Exam - 26th May 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
We didn't learn about air sacs either, not in our book.
Reply 121
going to finish prep for this by wednesday....after m1 :colone:
Original post by Insanity514
I dunno we got taught about air sacs as wel :s-smilie:

We got taught about transcription and translation, both of which are not on the syllabus :P
Reply 123
Original post by nasira372
Have done no revision yet but managed to get 70 UMS in the exam, many were bad mistakes. Hopefully I can double that in a week :biggrin:

Same here no revision yet. But there is plenty of time.
Original post by Limitless
Same here no revision yet. But there is plenty of time.

Ditto, I'm starting on Thurs.....
Reply 125
Original post by Master.K
Ditto, I'm starting on Thurs.....

I'm starting on either tuesday or wednesday. I've got 5 exams next week so it's going to be a rough week.
Reply 126
On this thread finally (shock, horror limitless :L)
I'm starting on either tuesday or wednesday. I've got 5 exams next week so it's going to be a rough week.

I got 4 next week. :/
I'm too busy concentrating on the others! :eek:
Reply 128
I have 2 more this week, 5 next week :/
Reply 129
Original post by EffKayy
On this thread finally (shock, horror limitless :L)

...:tongue:
Reply 130
...:tongue:

Just to clarify: this is out of 140 UMS right? What is it for an A then?
Original post by Circadian_Rhythm
Taken from the only AQA endorsed book:

"Ventilation. The movement of muscles in insects can create mass movements of air in and out of the tracheae, This further speeds up the exchange of respiratory gases."

No air sacs for insects.

Endorsed by AQA only means AQA approve of it, not that it covers everything according to the AQA specification. If that's the Neloson Thornes one then be even more careful as they miss a lot of stuff out.
Reply 132
Endorsed by AQA only means AQA approve of it, not that it covers everything according to the AQA specification. If that's the Neloson Thornes one then be even more careful as they miss a lot of stuff out.

:O :O I use that.
What do they miss out?
Original post by EffKayy
What do they miss out?

Nothing. He's scaremongering. I've got 2 AQA endorsed textbooks and neither mention air sacs. My teacher has never mentioned air sacs.
Reply 134
Original post by EffKayy
Just to clarify: this is out of 140 UMS right? What is it for an A then?

I'm not sure about UMS. But the raw marks to get each grade on past papers are here.

http://web.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_grades_archive.php

Check the new A-level.

It is a lot better than the actual AQA books, and they hardly miss anything out? I remember they missed a definition for unit 1 but what else do they miss? I'm intrigued.
Reply 136
Original post by EffKayy
What do they miss out?

I would say use your normal textbook and then use the CGP revision guide. I don't use my textbook it's all CGP. :biggrin:
does anyone have this book and is it any good for unit 2?

http://www.whsmith.co.uk/CatalogAndSearch/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=9780340945995
Reply 138
Original post by nasira372
does anyone have this book and is it any good for unit 2?

http://www.whsmith.co.uk/CatalogAndSearch/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=9780340945995

Our school gave us this. I REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY do not reccomend this. This gives no detail whatsoever. DO NOT BUY.
Original post by EffKayy
Our school gave us this. I REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY do not reccomend this. This gives no detail whatsoever. DO NOT BUY.

My teacher gave it to us, I didnt buy it. She wouldnt let us take the NT book but I managed to take it from the supply teacher.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending