The Student Room Group

For Indians and Pakistanis(and brits too if you want to comment)

Scroll to see replies

Those of you that are arguing are perhaps the reason for the partition...
Original post by A.K85
Ahem, 85% of India's muslims live in poverty because of Hindu opression. Not everybody can become a bollywood star you know..

As a comparison, just because there are some black hollywood stars doesn't excuse the fact that majority of african-americans are poor.

TBPH Hindu discrimination of Muslims in India doesn't even come close to the barbaric past of the Mughal oppression against Hindus/Sikhs/Buddhists. On top of that, look how Pakistan have oppressed their minorities. When Pakistan started out it had a roughly 70% Muslim population. Now its 99%.

Im not saying discrimination is right either way, im just trying to get you to look at the Islamic oppression in the same way, especially as it has been much more brutal and widespread then Hindu oppression in India.
Original post by A.K85
Sikhs are not warriors. You lost half of Punjab to Paksitan.

And then, your sikh fanatics were crushed easily in operation bluestar and were totally owned by the Hindu government. Who cares if you got ghandi, Punjab still belongs to India and Hindus...

As for religion, it's certainly from Hinduism. You worship idols of your gurus and use Hindu customs.

I hope that members will look at your post and draw the conclusions that I do. I think you know what conclusions they are also. I dont need to say anything more, just this. You think you can match the Singhs that died in Bluestar by the way you are going on. Did you bother to research Bluestar. An operation which shouldve took hours took days. A couple of hundered Singhs made the army look like tits. Just look up the facts please, and see how impressive the fight was given to the army by the great Singhs. Tanks were never supposed to be brought in. Gandhi, such a wily politician ay, paid for touching the Golden Temple with 33 bullets, 33 of the most justificable bullets you could ever shoot in my opinion. You can say what you want about Sant Jarnail Singh, Bhai Amrik Singh, General Shabeg Singh, Baba Thara Singh and the other great matrys, they made Indian Army and Military look like a joke, out of its depth. And today, the Sikhs on TSR will hopefully ensure the same fate of you. Call me names, I dont mind. Just dont cuss the matyrs of Sikhism. It's simple, y not just follow?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by The Lyceum
If by imagine you mean "realise as a damn good historian that that was in fact the way it was was for thousands of generations before Islam came to the subcontinent" then yes. Why are you so intolerant?

EDIT: Also does anyone know if the Hindus actually worship monkeys? I mean I know cows yes, but monkeys?

From what i understand Hindus don't really worship cows, but regard it as a sacred animal and a life giver. The 1 Hindu god, takes the form of a monkey-like animal, called Hanuman. Im Sikh so Im not 100%, Hindus feel free to correct me.
Reply 124
Original post by okapobcfc08
I hope that members will look at your post and draw the conclusions that I do. I think you know what conclusions they are also. I dont need to say anything more, just this. You think you can match the Singhs that died in Bluestar by the way you are going on. Did you bother to research Bluestar. An operation which shouldve took hours took days. A couple of hundered Singhs made the army look like tits. Just look up the facts please, and see how impressive the fight was given to the army by the great Singhs. Tanks were never supposed to be brought in. Gandhi, such a wily politician ay, paid for touching the Golden Temple with 33 bullets, 33 of the most justificable bullets you could ever shoot in my opinion. You can say what you want about Sant Jarnail Singh, Bhai Amrik Singh, General Shabeg Singh, Baba Thara Singh and the other great matrys, they made Indian Army and Military look like a joke, out of its depth. And today, the Sikhs on TSR will hopefully ensure the same fate of you. Call me names, I dont mind. Just dont cuss the matyrs of Sikhism. It's simple, y not just follow?

Ahem, it was a Sikh general who led sikhs against your sikh fanatics...:rolleyes:
Reply 125
Some Sikhs and Muslims must be really pissed that they can't even defeat a bunch of cow worshippers...:rolleyes:
xxx.

Yes they fought admirably, but as I said they weren't solely made up from Sikhs, there were many Hindus and Muslims in arms with them. Also those other rulers I mentioned, of course they contributed to the overall collapse of the Mughal Empire. It wasn't as simplistic as you make it out. Yes the Sikhs were by far the best of the fighters, but then the Punjab has been pretty fiesty even since antiquity. Please, Wikipedia Shivaji or something, you'll see what I mean. Yes the Sikhs were probably the best of them (any of the first hand witness accounts from the British Empire tells you that) but they weren't the only ones...come on man, do you honestly think the Mughals just walked in and sat there happily until Gobind Singh came along?....

Well I don't know about Nanak not accepting Hinduism, I wasn't there, but he clearly must have grown up with the Philosophy around him since he was considered such a wise man in general. You know there are other traditions about him right? There are some sufi cults and some Hindu cults that venerate him.

As for Hinduism/Sikhism link well I don't think one can call it a part of Hinduism now, but it didn't come out of nowhere I would have thought. I'm hardly amazing on theology though....

Original post by A.K85
Sikhs are not warriors. You lost half of Punjab to Paksitan.

And then, your sikh fanatics were crushed easily in operation bluestar and were totally owned by the Hindu government. Who cares if you got ghandi, Punjab still belongs to India and Hindus...

As for religion, it's certainly from Hinduism. You worship idols of your gurus and use Hindu customs.

There is no popular revolt in Punjab by your sikh warriors (63% of the punjab population) as compared to the muslims who fight in Kashmir. Seems to me that the Sikhs in the Punjab are happy with Hindu rule and serve willingly as taxi drivers and soldiers in the Hindu army.

So where is the so called sikh warrior code? You're sitting safely and complaining in the UK. The so called lion spirit has become a hijra?

No one lost anything to Pakistan, since it was made out of knowhere. The panjabis lost their land to the British you could say, or the Indians at the time. As for fighting, well terrorism doesn't come so easily to everyone,sorry...

Original post by anonstudent1
From what i understand Hindus don't really worship cows, but regard it as a sacred animal and a life giver. The 1 Hindu god, takes the form of a monkey-like animal, called Hanuman. Im Sikh so Im not 100%, Hindus feel free to correct me.

I know there's a monkey esque god figure likewise a cow, and I know that they can't harm cows. I meant as in, do they actually treat the monkey in the same way as they do cows? That would be hilarious. It would also make a holiday in India **** though if I couldn't chase away monkeys.
Original post by GiddensFTW
But I think it's quite important to look at the make-up of the populations. Hindus make up less than 2% of Pakistan's population whilst Muslims make up around 14% of India's population. Plus Pakistan is an "Islamic republic".
Edit: forsaker got to it before me.

Islamic oppression in Pakistan played a large part in those population numbers. The fact that there are so many Muslims in India and so few Hindus/Sikhs in Pakistan is down to this oppression.
Why do i see so many Pakistanis and Muslims in general bleat on about Muslims being oppressed everywhere but fail to even acknowledge Islamic oppression (which has been some of the most barbaric in history)
I can at least admit India and the more militant sects of Hinduism who have at times had a stranglehold on the government have oppressed non-Hindus, but frankly its nowhere near as widespread as Islamic oppression has been.
Reply 128
Original post by A.K85
Some Sikhs and Muslims must be really pissed that they can't even defeat a bunch of cow worshippers...:rolleyes:

So you resort to saying something like this? Just shows you have lost the argument, okapo don't bother posting back to this ignorant fool. I aswell as everyone else on TSR can see that this guy is a troll.
Reply 129
Original post by marek35
So you resort to saying something like this? Just shows you have lost the argument, okapo don't bother posting back to this ignorant fool. I aswell as everyone else on TSR can see that this guy is a troll.

And which argument is that?

There is no khalistan for sikhs, there is no liberation of kashmir for pakistan despite 62 years of aspiring for this goal. Just repeated failures.

So, Sikhs and muslims must be really pissed that they can't even defeat cow worshippers despite all the 'hot air' on this forum... :rolleyes:
This is hiliarious. Forgetting opening a book, you need to open your eyes. Explain to me the religious similarties between hindusim and Sikhism which merit the claim that Sikhiism came from Hinduism. Tell me something about the warriors that Sikhism has produced. If Hinduism creates these warriors, where were they from the period of Aurangzeb, Bahadur Shah, hibernating? I argue all these debates from a religious angle, which I take it is different to yours. Only you and a couple of others will think I'm embrassing myself. Personally, I don't, and hope that the majority watching this thread will agree. I would humiliate myself ten times over on TSR if it meant the name of Sikhism was kept in high esteem and not degraded, something which clearly you dont agree with.

Get rid of the superiority complex. The thing that makes me most proud (not in the sinful way lol) of being a Sikh is that all people regardless of race or religion are treated equally.
Reply 131
Get rid of the superiority complex. The thing that makes me most proud (not in the sinful way lol) of being a Sikh is that all people regardless of race or religion are treated equally.

Rubbish. You have the caste system alive and well among Sikhs. There are regular inter-caste riots in the Punjab and caste discrimination in your gurudwaras. Just google it.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by The Lyceum

I know there's a monkey esque god figure likewise a cow, and I know that they can't harm cows. I meant as in, do they actually treat the monkey in the same way as they do cows? That would be hilarious. It would also make a holiday in India **** though if I couldn't chase away monkeys.

Im pretty sure they don't, but tbh you won't see many monkeys in most of India. At least I didn't see many in the parts that I have been to.
Original post by A.K85
Rubbish. You have the caste system alive and well among Sikhs. There are regular inter-caste riots in the Punjab and caste discrimination in your gurudwaras. Just google it.

Sadly its true. But not many Sikhs follow their religion, both Guru Gobind Singh and Guru Nanak preached against the caste system. Thats part of the reason why the second name Singh was added.
Original post by kalaghoda
Don't you think India should never have been partitioned into India and Pakistan? Hindus and Muslims were living together in peace for centuries before the British adopted the 'Divide and Rule' policy and influenced certain Muslim leaders to push for Pakistan.
Jinnah was the most secular person and didn't even practice Islam. I don't know how he ever got the idea of creating a separate state for Pakistan. I'm reading a book 'The true story of India's Partition'. The author has stated that Jinnah, on his deathbed, remarked, "I have got what I wanted, but I have committed the greatest blunder of my life".
I just feel that it would have been so much better and life would be so much easier today if India had never been partitioned.

Not in the slightest.
Original post by A.K85
Ahem, it was a Sikh general who led sikhs against your sikh fanatics...:rolleyes:

"Sikh fanatics" LOL, please elaborate.
Jinnah had a pure dream .

He just wanted to uplift the Muslims of India who were back then being treated as second class so much praise should be given for this gentleman.

Secondly, as a Pakistani although we have much in common but our cultures are slowly but surely taking their own independent form.
Thirdly, Pakistan is not a failed dream yes we are going through bad times but we will rise back. This corrupt generation will die and new generation led by Bilawal~ Oxford grad will rise and we will insha Allah see a new Islamic Republic of Pakistan.
Reply 137
jus blame the gore! LOL!
but no i think i shouldnt have been...but if they were gonna split it up based on relligion..they should have given the sikhs khalistan

what you on about mate? What superiority
Original post by A.K85

Fanatics to you, some of the greatest matyrs in world history let alone Sikhism for me. It was a Sikh general in name only, he has made his mistake he will pay make no doubt, whether in this life or the next.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending