The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Glee Society... No Future Spoilers

Scroll to see replies

Original post by neillya1

Spoiler

Has anyone heard about the "Controversial" story that Chris proposed? I'm really interested to know what it is but no one has any ideas and we don't know if they've accepted it yet :tongue:

They should tackle death (I loved the way they dealt with Burt in Grilled Cheesus, I've been in similar positions in hospitals and Kurt/Chris captured that so well) but if it's someone close to the ND kids it would be weird seeing them next week apparently all happy and messing around in NY :s-smilie:

He was really funny in that interview, teasing everyone with a 'controversial' idea but saying nothing more. I hope it's not to do with cheating. I wondered if it was something to do with Kurt and Blaine taking the next step-he said it's something that happens every day but could be controversial so I have no real idea. It's probably something great though, not to do with relationships at all because I think Chris quite likes tackling storylines by himself.

:coma: Oh god, Chris in Born This Way :coma: It's like dying and going to heaven :tongue:

His hair :drool: I want it! It's amazing! Should have had it dyed with dark ginger streaks though :yes: And I'm so getting one of those tops when I have the money :h:

I think they're both super sexy :tongue: for sexual reasons, obviously :wink:

Darren isn't usually my type but he's so hot :coma:

The best past is - Chris reminds me of my boyfriend :awesome: It's like he's seen Chris, taken all the best bits and made them even better :awesome: Means I don't feel so stalky towards Chris, I can just stalk my boyfriend instead :teehee: :tongue:

I love the smilies used in this thread. Especially relating to Chris and Darren :rofl:
Original post by Rickkkkk
I just can't love Chris. It doesn't feel right. He just seems so innocent and young, and I know i'm going to get a lot of hate for this, but his voice just doesn't do it for me (gets ready to be forcefed hot fondue already half eaten by Lord Tubbington).
On the other hand, I've loved Darren since A Very Potter Musical, I can listen to Not Alone 200 times on replay and I think the main thing is that he reminds me of Eric from the Little Mermaid (who I'ved always loved :biggrin:)
I just was on a roll :biggrin:

Have you seen him in his outfit in 'Make a Man Out of You' on youtube?? He looks especially like Eric in that! :coma: I always sort of loved Eric too! That said, I also love the Beast so... :tongue:
Reply 5722
Yeah, I do really love Darren, but I see your point too :smile:
Its not just sexual for me too, I actually think he'd be an awesome friend too (Harry Potter, Disney, Glee, we have so much in common :biggrin:) Except I can hardly sing and dance :smile: (well I dont think I can) Hes just amazing.
I think I have some of Rachel's paranoid self-consious issues, but I've also got some Brittany in me too, cause you almost never see me sad (and she's actually so happy all the time)
And some Tina, because I dont like to stay in the spotlight a lot and then some Blaine, because if I had the chance to randomly sing and dance all the time, I WOULD TAKE IT.
Wow, i'm such a girl. 3/4 Girl and 1/4 Gay Guy? At least I'd be called Britinachaine (which is a pretty unique name)
Reply 5723
Original post by diamonddust
Have you seen him in his outfit in 'Make a Man Out of You' on youtube?? He looks especially like Eric in that! :coma: I always sort of loved Eric too! That said, I also love the Beast so... :tongue:

I've seen the song (at listen to it at least once a day), but I didnt really remember his outfit. I just checked it up, and <3
He can save me from Ursula any day. :rofl2:
Original post by e hine e
:rofl: I love you and your enthusiasm. I think even diamonddust, who is crazy about Darren, prefers Chris in general but I'm not sure if that's in looks or because of his talent. I just love Chris and have from the start so it's difficult for anyone to take over that love. I love his voice, love his personality, love Kurt, love everything :love:

At the risk of typing love way too much in this reply, I love Give up the Funk (still can't believe it's Kurt at the beginning) I watch it loads now. I also love Run Joey Run and Don't Rain on my Parade (yay Lea). I basically love everything you just typed.

Oh e hine e, I love how well you know me! Yeah, I think EVERYONE knows how I feel about Darren (:drool: :coma: :sexface: :love: etc) and I love his voice but Chris Colfer floors me with his talent! Of course, he's absolutely gorgeous but I still feel wrong fancying him for some reason- apart from in Born This Way where I was like DAMMN! But no, he is the only person on Glee who has made me cry about 3 times. Darren made me cry once (SOWK) and I rarely RARELY cry with actual tears and CC's acting and singing is so amazing I'm in awe of him. So yeah, Chris > Darren. No comparision. But I love Darren's voice. Especially in SLS. And Not Alone. And I love his performances because you can tell he feels what he sings. But Chris is the best overall. But I love them both as Kurt and Blaine. :love:

There. :biggrin:

And speaking of Darren's voice...
Continuation of the Countertenor and The Crooner series, this time focusing on the lovely Darren.

http://blog.commarts.wisc.edu/2011/05/17/glee-the-countertenor-and-the-crooner-part-3/

Oh and... http://www.gq.com/style/profiles/201105/25-most-stylish-tv-stars-men/#slide=10

I think Chris is on there too!

Yeah, I do really love Darren, but I see your point too :smile:
Its not just sexual for me too, I actually think he'd be an awesome friend too (Harry Potter, Disney, Glee, we have so much in common :biggrin:) Except I can hardly sing and dance :smile: (well I dont think I can) Hes just amazing.
I think I have some of Rachel's paranoid self-consious issues, but I've also got some Brittany in me too, cause you almost never see me sad (and she's actually so happy all the time)
And some Tina, because I dont like to stay in the spotlight a lot and then some Blaine, because if I had the chance to randomly sing and dance all the time, I WOULD TAKE IT.
Wow, i'm such a girl. 3/4 Girl and 1/4 Gay Guy? At least I'd be called Britinachaine (which is a pretty unique name)

:rofl: Chris and Darren would be amazing friends. Maybe over the summer I'll be able to actually go out and meet some people like them. Not that they exist. Everyone will be such a disappointment. I hope this thread doesn't die over the summer. Last hiatus was so fun :biggrin:

I think I have some of Rachel's worst qualities because I'm the type of person who will sit there and judge someone if they're performing in a way I don't agree with. I try not too but I can't help it :sad: I can also say when someone is great though, which isn't so much like her. I only judge people who deserve to be judged :yep: like the girl who bullied me in primary school then got up and screeched on the violin at a concert. That was good.

Other than that I'm probably Blaine (I could roleplay him way too easily), Jesse and Kurt (minus the fashion, my fashion sense is not really there at all). I think bits of all the characters represent a certain aspect of everyone's personality.
From tonight

Spoiler

Kurt should so get a solo for Nationals and I know he won't.

He so should, yet he so won't :sad:

When he did the solo at regionals, did anyone else think his voice was really off? I kept cringing when he couldn't hit a note - maybe it was my ****ty headphones but it didn't sound the best.

They should tackle death (I loved the way they dealt with Burt in Grilled Cheesus, I've been in similar positions in hospitals and Kurt/Chris captured that so well) but if it's someone close to the ND kids it would be weird seeing them next week apparently all happy and messing around in NY :s-smilie:

He was really funny in that interview, teasing everyone with a 'controversial' idea but saying nothing more. I hope it's not to do with cheating. I wondered if it was something to do with Kurt and Blaine taking the next step-he said it's something that happens every day but could be controversial so I have no real idea. It's probably something great though, not to do with relationships at all because I think Chris quite likes tackling storylines by himself.

I love the smilies used in this thread. Especially relating to Chris and Darren :rofl:

I have no idea what the storyline could be, but I'm thinking drink or drugs. They're everyday now, yet somewhat taboo. Just an idea. Won't be cheating because everyone cheats so far, so that wouldn't be different :tongue:

It could also, and I seriously seriously hope not, be to do with HIV/AIDS. That's "everyday" in the sense that so many people suffer with it, yet it is so taboo (particularly in the gay community). Perhaps a scare where he thinks he has contracted it or something, I don't know. It could really bring awareness to the issue, but I really think it could be negative in the sense of furthering the "all gays sleep around and get HIV" stereotype.

The smilies I use are basically:

:awesome:
:teeth:
:teehee:
:coma:
:drool:
:lovehug:

They sum up Darren and Chris to me :h:

I've had Thriller/Heads will roll on repeat for about 30 minutes now :teehee: Love it!

:five:

Awesome name, even though I can't pronounce it :awesome:

Santana is the only girl I've ever seen that I'd go straight for :teeth: She's such a bitch though :tongue:
I just have to quote this because academic writing about fangirls is the funniest thing I've ever read!

The verbal and physical reactions to crooning haven’t changed that much in 80 years; fans repeatedly cry when listening to the song, compliment Darren Criss on the beauty of his voice, claim to be falling in love as well as erotically aroused by him (“Can this song make me pregnant?”), and indicate “repeated abuse” of the replay button to prolong their ecstatic state.

:rofl: Oh dear... I think I'm guilty!

When he did the solo at regionals, did anyone else think his voice was really off? I kept cringing when he couldn't hit a note - maybe it was my ****ty headphones but it didn't sound the best.

I have no idea what the storyline could be, but I'm thinking drink or drugs. They're everyday now, yet somewhat taboo. Just an idea. Won't be cheating because everyone cheats so far, so that wouldn't be different :tongue:

It could also, and I seriously seriously hope not, be to do with HIV/AIDS. That's &quot;everyday&quot; in the sense that so many people suffer with it, yet it is so taboo (particularly in the gay community). Perhaps a scare where he thinks he has contracted it or something, I don't know. It could really bring awareness to the issue, but I really think it could be negative in the sense of furthering the &quot;all gays sleep around and get HIV&quot; stereotype.

I've had Thriller/Heads will roll on repeat for about 30 minutes now :teehee: Love it!

Santana is the only girl I've ever seen that I'd go straight for :teeth: She's such a bitch though :tongue:

If they even went near the HIV/AIDs thing I would throw something at the TV. If they were going to go there they should do it with one of the cheerleaders who's been with everyone. Drink and drugs...I never even thought of that. That would be terrible for Kurt too :frown: I would like some controversy though, I like some angst but nothing too serious because Glee would try and resolve it in 1 episode which never works or expect us to forget about it after a few episodes. I'm going to be thinking of this all bloody summer now, I just know it.

It could also, and I seriously seriously hope not, be to do with HIV/AIDS. That's "everyday" in the sense that so many people suffer with it, yet it is so taboo (particularly in the gay community). Perhaps a scare where he thinks he has contracted it or something, I don't know. It could really bring awareness to the issue, but I really think it could be negative in the sense of furthering the "all gays sleep around and get HIV" stereotype.

We've spoke about Candles on here (well I have :tongue:) so many times!
Chris and Darren recorded at different times and I heard Chris was ill as well? Candles musically made me feel a bit ill, but it's so squeesome and I love how they just stare at each other and I love the 'You're invisible, invisible to me...' bit in the full version. It's better in HD, though I agree, not the best performances from either of them.

Santana is the only girl I'd go gay for! :fan:
:rofl: Chris and Darren would be amazing friends. Maybe over the summer I'll be able to actually go out and meet some people like them. Not that they exist. Everyone will be such a disappointment. I hope this thread doesn't die over the summer. Last hiatus was so fun :biggrin:

I know people like Chris, and almost as talented :awesome: They're not good looking like him though :sad: And you're NOT having my boyfriend :hmmm:

But yeah I know a few, you'll find them :h:

Are you at uni now? Or going? If going, join an LGBT Society :teeth: I can assure you there will be a Chris and a Darren there :h:

I think I have some of Rachel's worst qualities because I'm the type of person who will sit there and judge someone if they're performing in a way I don't agree with.

But baby you were born this way :wink: :colondollar:

(minus the fashion, my fashion sense is not really there at all).

Ditto :five:
Most of the time I couldn't give a toss about how I look :tongue: Jeans, hoodie and converse is my usual outfit :tongue:

I actually HATE the fashion sense Kurt has, it makes him look far too girly, and yet somehow it really adds to him in a way I can't explain :tongue:
I just have to quote this because academic writing about fangirls is the funniest thing I've ever read!

The verbal and physical reactions to crooning haven’t changed that much in 80 years; fans repeatedly cry when listening to the song, compliment Darren Criss on the beauty of his voice, claim to be falling in love as well as erotically aroused by him (“Can this song make me pregnant?”), and indicate “repeated abuse” of the replay button to prolong their ecstatic state.

:rofl: Oh dear... I think I'm guilty!

It's like your biography :rofl:
We've spoke about Candles on here (well I have :tongue:) so many times!
Chris and Darren recorded at different times and I heard Chris was ill as well? Candles musically made me feel a bit ill, but it's so squeesome and I love how they just stare at each other and I love the 'You're invisible, invisible to me...' bit in the full version. It's better in HD, though I agree, not the best performances from either of them.

Santana is the only girl I'd go gay for! :fan:

Ah I assumed you would have :tongue: I'm not searching 290 pages to find it though :no: :tongue:

Didn't know they recorded at different times, but that makes sense :smile: And it does kinda sound like he's ill in it, makes sense.

It's still soooo cute though :h:

It's annoying, the musician in me just always wants to jump in to the screen and start singing with them :tongue: Then the realist in me realises they're just on a screen :sad:
I know people like Chris, and almost as talented :awesome: They're not good looking like him though :sad: And you're NOT having my boyfriend :hmmm:

But yeah I know a few, you'll find them :h:

Are you at uni now? Or going? If going, join an LGBT Society :teeth: I can assure you there will be a Chris and a Darren there :h:

But baby you were born this way :wink: :colondollar:

Ditto :five:
Most of the time I couldn't give a toss about how I look :tongue: Jeans, hoodie and converse is my usual outfit :tongue:

I actually HATE the fashion sense Kurt has, it makes him look far too girly, and yet somehow it really adds to him in a way I can't explain :tongue:

I'm going in September, I will be joining. They even have an LGBT book and film club which excites me. I'm easily pleased. I hope there are some people interested in Glee, there has to be right? Can you send some of yours my way though, just in case I don't? I'm not too bothered about the looks, as long as they have the personality.

I should have known someone would use the born this way thing :facepalm:

I like his fashion sense at times and at other times I just shake my head. I didn't like the Defying Gravity jumper even though it was Alexander McQueen. I'm just t shirt and jeans too.
I forgot tonight's episode would actually be interesting! Guess I'm going to have to forgo sleep...
I'm going in September, I will be joining. They even have an LGBT book and film club which excites me. I'm easily pleased. I hope there are some people interested in Glee, there has to be right? Can you send some of yours my way though, just in case I don't? I'm not too bothered about the looks, as long as they have the personality.

Well I left Lancaster so they don't really like me there :tongue:
I'm sure Manchester will have some spare members though :h: I'll pop them over your way :tongue: Trust me, there will be someone interested in Glee, probably quite a few :h:. Or just join a musical theatre group, you'll find them there :yes:.... Then again those same guys are usually in the LGBT society :colondollar: :tongue:

I should have known someone would use the born this way thing :facepalm:

:yes: You had it coming :h:

I like his fashion sense at times and at other times I just shake my head. I didn't like the Defying Gravity jumper even though it was Alexander McQueen. I'm just t shirt and jeans too.

That jumper didn't do it for me either :no:

Neither did prom queen - I mean I'm Scottish so a kilt is great, but I didn't like his outfit :no:

He looks hottest in the Cheerios outfit though :teehee:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5736

I think I have some of Rachel's worst qualities because I'm the type of person who will sit there and judge someone if they're performing in a way I don't agree with. I try not too but I can't help it :sad: I can also say when someone is great though, which isn't so much like her. I only judge people who deserve to be judged :yep: like the girl who bullied me in primary school then got up and screeched on the violin at a concert. That was good.

Other than that I'm probably Blaine (I could roleplay him way too easily), Jesse and Kurt (minus the fashion, my fashion sense is not really there at all). I think bits of all the characters represent a certain aspect of everyone's personality.

There's so much to comment on here, but I think I'll just go simple.
Haha, theres noone thats actually that amazing. When I first heard about Darren, I actually got a little depressed that I will probably never find anyone like him :frown: First celebrity i've felt like that about.
I'll try and be here, cause i'll be covering A2 after exams, which i'll probably forget during the summer holidays. And I dont think i'll be doing too much in the summer either :smile:
Did you get bullied? I feel for you :frown: What was it about?
I think I regret never fully being myself when I was younger, cause it really feels good these past few years :smile:
If I had the money, and the confidence to wear certain things, I could probably have a fashion sense, i think it's just the gay guy stuff kicking in :biggrin:

I've probably already said this, but Naya and Taylor Swift are the girls i'd go straight for without a second thought.
Reply 5737
I do enjoy watching this show. I love some of the characters, some of the storylines. But it's really starting to annoy me how each episode seems to have a blatant agenda: the alcohol episode or the most recent one on rumours being examples. It's mildly amusing, but I wish they'd do it just a little more discretely :s-smilie:
Reply 5738
Original post by Liam123
I do enjoy watching this show. I love some of the characters, some of the storylines. But it's really starting to annoy me how each episode seems to have a blatant agenda: the alcohol episode or the most recent one on rumours being examples. It's mildly amusing, but I wish they'd do it just a little more discretely :s-smilie:

Yeah, I get what you mean, there's less actual storyline, but more that was thought around a certain topic. For example, I think Kristin Chenoweth could have done so much better if she wasn't just randomly injected a storyline that didnt really make sense.

Haha, theres noone thats actually that amazing. When I first heard about Darren, I actually got a little depressed that I will probably never find anyone like him :frown: First celebrity i've felt like that about.

You will! :smile: Trust me, there's someone for everyone and you will find that perfect person for you, it just takes patience!

I think I regret never fully being myself when I was younger, cause it really feels good these past few years :smile:

Ditto :sad: I wasn't out in highschool, but everyone knew I was gay. I denied it, which got me even more stick......

I've probably already said this, but Naya and Taylor Swift are the girls i'd go straight for without a second thought.

Not keen on either of them I have to say :tongue: Although Taylor Swift has a voice to die for :h:

Quick Reply

Latest