Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Accomodation at Imperial

Scroll to see replies

Reply 540
Original post by i_hate_teeth
I haven't received anything either.

I haven't yet either. Checked my spam. Just found out I might not be eligible anyway :frown:. Eeek.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 541
Original post by jupistar
Woohoo! Just applied :biggrin:

Still went for Eastside even though it looks like they've put their prices up :s-smilie:

hey i received an email as well! do u know if it works on first come first serve basis. and how do u pick your 1st choice and so on... is it the one u check first?
Reply 542
Original post by hvsr
hey i received an email as well! do u know if it works on first come first serve basis. and how do u pick your 1st choice and so on... is it the one u check first?

Don't think you can specify which is your top choice. You just say whether price band or room type is more important to you.
Reply 543
applied earlier this morning :smile: fingers crossed for beit!
Reply 544
Original post by phwarfcat
applied earlier this morning :smile: fingers crossed for beit!

are u an unconditional offer holder?
Reply 545
Original post by hvsr
are u an unconditional offer holder?

yes indeed!
Reply 546
Original post by Heroesorghosts
Is it only unconditional offers that have received their accommodation forms so far? I thought there was no preference in terms of allocation with regards to offers because they wait until August/September to finalise it anyway once results are out!

Yeah only unconditional offer holders have received anything.
Achhkkk, now I do hope it's not on a first come first served basis :< .
Reply 548
Original post by ViralRiver
Achhkkk, now I do hope it's not on a first come first served basis :&lt; .

Don't think so. Although the fact that unconditional offer holders get the email first suggests we get priority.
Reply 549
Original post by NilDe
Hey, what are the odds of getting Hall Residence in the 2nd year...?

Let's just say that out of four years I've been here at Imperial, I've spent only one of those not living in halls. And I've never been a hall senior.
Original post by Azimuth
Let's just say that out of four years I've been here at Imperial, I've spent only one of those not living in halls. And I've never been a hall senior.

How did you manage that?
Reply 551
Original post by freefrag
How did you manage that?

They never fill up all the places and give the rest away first come first served.

The fact that nobody else seems to know about it is what's allowed me to keep doing it :biggrin:
Reply 552
Original post by Azimuth
They never fill up all the places and give the rest away first come first served.

The fact that nobody else seems to know about it is what's allowed me to keep doing it :biggrin:

Skills. I might try that one next year.
Original post by Azimuth

:P So do you just ring up accomodation on the day the rooms are given out and reserve one for yourself?

Also do they have different kinds of rooms available or only the most expensive ones?
Reply 554
Woohoo, I've signed up to the website (took friggin' ages), and filled out my accommodation form:

Garden - Triple
Garden - Twin
Bernard Sunley - Triple
Fisher - Twin
Holbein - Twin

Specified that the room price band is the most important thing for me, (all rooms under £100) -

Hoping to get one in Garden!
Reply 555
Original post by Alex-92
Woohoo, I've signed up to the website (took friggin' ages), and filled out my accommodation form:

Garden - Triple
Garden - Twin
Bernard Sunley - Triple
Fisher - Twin
Holbein - Twin

Specified that the room price band is the most important thing for me, (all rooms under £100) -

Hoping to get one in Garden!

Your choices are the same as mine. Except I put Southwell instead of Holbein.

Why did it take you ages to sign up to the site? I didn't have any problems :s-smilie:
Reply 556
Oh yay you can apply for different types in the same halls? As someone said before you couldn't and I was frantically finding insurance 3rd, 4th and 5th choices! Also are you unconditional? As I haven't received my email yet :frown:

Yeah, we were all told the same thing. But I have also managed to apply for the same hall more than once.

Only unconditional offer holders have had emails so far. So don't panic.
Reply 557
Original post by Zottula
Your choices are the same as mine. Except I put Southwell instead of Holbein.

Why did it take you ages to sign up to the site? I didn't have any problems :s-smilie:

It kept resetting itself after 20-30 seconds of inactivity (not completing the page). So whilst I was thinking of secret answers/questions, and a password, it reset the whole process. Happened many times. Rather annoying. I'm a little bit annoyed also that they didn't have the triple available at Fisher. So I was forced to put down Holbein. :frown:
Reply 558
Oh yay you can apply for different types in the same halls? As someone said before you couldn't and I was frantically finding insurance 3rd, 4th and 5th choices! Also are you unconditional? As I haven't received my email yet :frown:

Someone told me I couldn't a while back, but upon signing in I found out I could. It saved me from submitting places that I really, really didn't want to go to, so was pretty chuffed. Yep i'm unconditional. I hear it's only us gappers getting the emails so far.
Reply 559
Original post by Alex-92
It kept resetting itself after 20-30 seconds of inactivity (not completing the page). So whilst I was thinking of secret answers/questions, and a password, it reset the whole process. Happened many times. Rather annoying. I'm a little bit annoyed also that they didn't have the triple available at Fisher. So I was forced to put down Holbein. :frown:

Oh dear, how frustrating. At least it's done now.

Ha, yeah! I was annoyed I couldn't apply for a Fisher Triple as well! But then I had been previously led to believe that you couldn't put a hall down more than once. So being able to apply for a 2nd room at Garden made up for that. Wasn't so sure about putting Southwell down, because it's like £96pw or something like that, but hoping that by putting price as my preference they'll give me something as cheap as they can.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending