Final one just came in.

A tad depressed tbh :frown:

Got to stay strong for upcoming exams though :colone:
Original post by Tobia_s
Officially a 2012 re-applicant.

Final one just came in.

A tad depressed tbh :frown:

Got to stay strong for upcoming exams though :colone:
And the thread welcomes you with warm hugs :grouphugs:, a hot cup of tea :tea: a few biscuits :cookie: and huge smiles :grin:

Stay strong child :yes:
Reply 2062
Original post by -Taz-
It would break me if i were to get rejected again and had to watch people younger than me trot off to uni with MY MEDICINE PLACE :tongue:

you would think so but you just cry hard for an hour, go numb for a day then be like **** all after that.

:ninja: not that i...cried...or anything but I'm sure most would have :ninja:

i didn't cry, okay?!
Original post by dmz
you would think so but you just cry hard for an hour, go numb for a day then be like **** all after that.

i didn't cry, okay?!

You cried? Aww bless your heart :colondollar:

I must be hard-ass bitch to have gone without a drop of tear :smug:
Reply 2064
Original post by futuredoc77
You cried? Aww bless your heart :colondollar:

I must be hard-ass bitch to have gone without a drop of tear :smug:

did you not see where it said i did NOT cry?!

Nah, the night Glasgow gave out loads of post interview offer i was a complete bitch for a minute so when i got rejected i was like...:indiff: just went to London the next morning all moodless
Original post by dmz
did you not see where it said i did NOT cry?!

Nah, the night Glasgow gave out loads of post interview offer i was a complete bitch for a minute so when i got rejected i was like...:indiff: just went to London the next morning all moodless

I remember :moon: wasn't a good night or a good day afterward :no: it's when my hopelessness really sunk in :laugh: I knew I was gonna be next :nothing:

I abhor the application process with all my heart :indiff:
And the thread welcomes you with warm hugs :grouphugs:, a hot cup of tea :tea: a few biscuits :cookie: and huge smiles :grin:

Stay strong child :yes:

U forgot garlic bread :angry:
Original post by garlicbreadman
U forgot garlic bread :angry:

Ah dammit :mad2:

How could I? :facepalm2:
Reply 2068
Original post by -Taz-
:adore: I'm getting in this time around if it kills me:yes:

Congrats :cool:

And you've reminded me that i need to get a move on. I imagine i'll need some new things to put on my personal statement.

That's an interesting point actually - can i include bits about past work experience (which i mentioned in my previous personal statement) in my new personal statement? How similar can they be?

I think thats the only bit of new work experience I'm planning on doing - I'm just going to write about it better. Just got feedback from Bristol, and seems as though my personal statement was 'good' but not 'outstanding compared to other applicants'
Reply 2069
I remember :moon: wasn't a good night or a good day afterward :no: it's when my hopelessness really sunk in :laugh: I knew I was gonna be next :nothing:

I abhor the application process with all my heart :indiff:

same it was the one time my dad wasn't critical of me and was annoyed at how **** the process is cos we pay so much for tests, apply months before most people, travel hours to interviews in the winter etc, and on top we don't hear **** for months when everyone else hears in weeks.

Do you even sleep anymore? Lol
Reply 2070
decided not to apply this year after all. Can't deal with being a drop out, I'll risk GEM
Original post by dmz
same it was the one time my dad wasn't critical of me and was annoyed at how **** the process is cos we pay so much for tests, apply months before most people, travel hours to interviews in the winter etc, and on top we don't hear **** for months when everyone else hears in weeks.

I know :nothing:
Arghhh I can't wait to get my revenge :colone: but that wouldn't be possible :sigh:

I do sleep... but didn't last tonight :shh:

Original post by dmz
decided not to apply this year after all. Can't deal with being a drop out, I'll risk GEM

:afraid: But it's understandable. I'm supposed to have started UKCAT prep but haven't either.... who knows what's gonna happen :facepalm:

But good luck dude, and I mean it. :yep:
Reply 2072
I know :nothing:
Arghhh I can't wait to get my revenge :colone: but that wouldn't be possible :sigh:

I do sleep... but didn't last tonight :shh:

:afraid: But it's understandable. I'm supposed to have started UKCAT prep but haven't either.... who knows what's gonna happen :facepalm:

But good luck dude, and I mean it. :yep:

I woke up in the middle of the night and you were on. The best scenario is i get an offer, but then would i wanna drop a degree 1/3 of the way thru? how would i finish that one year knowing i'm dropping it, and then i'll have 6years i have fund myself as well and would have wasted money and time with the first year. It's silly, no need to waste 100's of pounds applying to be stressed, uno :tongue:
Original post by dmz
I woke up in the middle of the night and you were on. The best scenario is i get an offer, but then would i wanna drop a degree 1/3 of the way thru? how would i finish that one year knowing i'm dropping it, and then i'll have 6years i have fund myself as well and would have wasted money and time with the first year. It's silly, no need to waste 100's of pounds applying to be stressed, uno :tongue:

I know :facepalm2: I only slept at like half 7 or something for 45 minutes or so :rolleyes:

You will get loans to cover all years at med school :yep: you'd only be wasting the 3K fee and the maintenance loan :dontknow:
But yeah, your choice. Totally understandable.... and I have to get off my ass and do something :angry:

I'll catch ya later :top2:
Reply 2074
Original post by dmz

i didn't cry, okay?!

:grouphugs: I remember that feeling of numbness after i got my last rejection :redface: It went on for a good 2 weeks before i decided i'm going on, err TSR to do something bout this :biggrin:

Original post by dmz

Yeah, the travelling is miserable, especially when you're doing it on your own, and you get lost :colondollar:
Reply 2075
I know :facepalm2: I only slept at like half 7 or something for 45 minutes or so :rolleyes:

You will get loans to cover all years at med school :yep: you'd only be wasting the 3K fee and the maintenance loan :dontknow:
But yeah, your choice. Totally understandable.... and I have to get off my ass and do something :angry:

I'll catch ya later :top2:

Dropping out, wastes a year and i spend 6years in medical school, it adds up the same to doing 3years then 4years medicine. Can't deal with dropping out and i don't get loans for second degree from student finance
Original post by -Taz-
:grouphugs: I remember that feeling of numbness after i got my last rejection :redface: It went on for a good 2 weeks before i decided i'm going on, err TSR to do something bout this :biggrin:

Yeah, the travelling is miserable, especially when you're doing it on your own, and you get lost :colondollar:

haha nice, i spent 2 hours combined in glasgow just waiting for the bus (during the winter). I waited 3 hours for the train as well...alone...in snow, but it was all okay cos i've just had the best interview of my life which i came out of smiling but it turned out my personality sucks :colonhash:, I once said i liked old ladies at an interview and still got the job :facepalm:
Original post by dmz
Dropping out, wastes a year and i spend 6years in medical school, it adds up the same to doing 3years then 4years medicine. Can't deal with dropping out and i don't get loans for second degree from student finance

haha nice, i spent 2 hours combined in glasgow just waiting for the bus (during the winter). I waited 3 hours for the train as well...alone...in snow, but it was all okay cos i've just had the best interview of my life which i came out of smiling but it turned out my personality sucks :colonhash:, I once said i liked old ladies at an interview and still got the job :facepalm:

How can you get a job even if you say you like old ladies ,most people would think you are some sort of pervert. :redface:

Anway, about this glasgow thing. You were in glasgow and you did not call me. I only live 10 minutes away from glasgow uni and 20 minutes from glasgow central. I could have came and chilled out with you(literally because it was freezing in the winter). :colondollar:
Reply 2077
Original post by firestar101
How can you get a job even if you say you like old ladies ,most people would think you are some sort of pervert. :redface:

Anway, about this glasgow thing. You were in glasgow and you did not call me. I only live 10 minutes away from glasgow uni and 20 minutes from glasgow central. I could have came and chilled out with you(literally because it was freezing in the winter). :colondollar:

I know, she was asking if i knew what the job entailed and i was like yer and ended up saying i like old ladies which came out wrong :facepalm: hahaha

I had the interview in december, only started getting active on here then and it was freezing, i just chilled in the buchanan gallery, met this girl in the republic (i think), but my friend was quite convinced she only wanted to sell me stuff :colonhash: but my, i would love to get with that :sogood: tho tbh none of the girls in med school seemed appealing :tongue:
Maths went OK... Missed out most of the questions from the last page of Paper 2, but it's still possible that I'll get an A. In fact, it's very likely :smile:

**** YOU LOGS!
Reply 2079
Original post by Harbour Seal
Maths went OK... Missed out most of the questions from the last page of Paper 2, but it's still possible that I'll get an A. In fact, it's very likely :smile:

**** YOU LOGS!

haha hope you wrecked that bit, i've got mine next thursday, 30 odd pages to learn and 60 pages of past paperm i need to stop coming to work and start going library

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending