The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kittycake
rejected ffs. does anybody know if you can apply again for a different department or not?

I think it's a 6 month waiting period before you can apply again :frown: sorry to hear that!
I think now is an appropriate time to say FML.
Original post by kittycake
I think now is an appropriate time to say FML.

its not that great there any way :tongue: you'll find something soon! :smile:
Reply 8503
Original post by glampav
Hello Everyone !

I attended for Sainsburys interview for General assistant post at Emerson's green , Bristol , night shift and weekly 20hrs , the interview went very well which happened on May 7th at 9.30 pm , but i haven't heard anything from them till now ?

I and my other friend together attended the interview for the same post and same shift , but none of us got any reply ?

What are the chances of getting job in my case ?

Shall i give them a call ?

Advance thanks for any suggestions !

It took them 2 months for them to get back to me so I wouldnt worry just yet.
Reply 8504
Original post by inksplodge
i mean id love to give less notice but i need the reference and erm, im sure id be entitled to some holiday pay right? :s-smilie:

In March I was told I had 125 hours holiday for the year (20 hours/week contract). Im leaving Sainsburys at the start of September and by then I'll have have taken 100 of those hours (we got a new manager who completely f*cked up the scheduling and allowed everyone in our department to have whatever and whenever holidays we wanted... he lasted in the job a month lol). Im assuming they'll dock my last pay for taking so many hours in such a short period, but some people I know in HR says they cant do that?
Original post by cjcw20
In March I was told I had 125 hours holiday for the year (20 hours/week contract). Im leaving Sainsburys at the start of September and by then I'll have have taken 100 of those hours (we got a new manager who completely f*cked up the scheduling and allowed everyone in our department to have whatever and whenever holidays we wanted... he lasted in the job a month lol). Im assuming they'll dock my last pay for taking so many hours in such a short period, but some people I know in HR says they cant do that?

i think they can deduct it from your final pay cos youre meant to have half in the summer and half in the winter (so to speak) :woo:
Original post by cjcw20

I always assumed that was standard practice. To recover the money when you leave if you have had more holidays than you've earned. :s-smilie: If they don't though, all the better for you. :smile:

I wish I had a manager like that. I was never given the leave I asked for. Only once did I put my foot down - that was for NY's day. I had to give up two or three other days to have that one though, by way of a compromise. To be honest, if they were more open to actually letting me have time off - eg, my graduation - there is every chance I would have stayed and not resigned. :redface:

Random question:
The till upgrades have taken away the quantity option, which is a bit of a pain to say the least. However, I noticed a member of staff - who is not a supervisor/team leader - was able to use it on the basket till. Is that normal? :smile:
Reply 8507
Original post by affinity89
I always assumed that was standard practice. To recover the money when you leave if you have had more holidays than you've earned. :s-smilie: If they don't though, all the better for you. :smile:

I wish I had a manager like that. I was never given the leave I asked for. Only once did I put my foot down - that was for NY's day. I had to give up two or three other days to have that one though, by way of a compromise. To be honest, if they were more open to actually letting me have time off - eg, my graduation - there is every chance I would have stayed and not resigned. :redface:

Random question:
The till upgrades have taken away the quantity option, which is a bit of a pain to say the least. However, I noticed a member of staff - who is not a supervisor/team leader - was able to use it on the basket till. Is that normal? :smile:

Yeh im expecting them to take off whatever hours I owe them when I leave, so if they dont its a bonus :smile: They brought back our old manager and he tried getting everyone to change their holidays, but we wouldnt bulge... it was all signed and approved lol

They really are a joke sometimes, trying to get hours off that you want... not whatever suits them. Its handy being in a small department though, swapping shifts is pretty easy, given enough time in advance. Plus anytime my manager says no to a day off, or when it came to negotiating my new contract hours, I just very gently remind him that I've not had even 1 sick day in 23 months working for them, plus all the overtime I've done... that usually does the trick lol Anyone else find they very quickly forget about favours you do for them?

No quantity key must suck. It makes no sense at all. We all have supervisor accounts in the PFS so we're still fine for it.
(edited 12 years ago)
I'm not sure if this has been asked recently, but what qualifies someone to get the annual bonus?

I've been there over 6 months now and wondering if because I joined quite late in the year whether I'll be entitled to it or not. Would be nice if I did get something but I can't see it to be honest
Original post by stargirl92
I'm not sure if this has been asked recently, but what qualifies someone to get the annual bonus?

I've been there over 6 months now and wondering if because I joined quite late in the year whether I'll be entitled to it or not. Would be nice if I did get something but I can't see it to be honest

last year i joined in early october and i know the cut off point was something like october 15th. and i got half of the bonus. i dont know if theyre doing it this year, haevnt heard anything
Original post by cjcw20
Yeh im expecting them to take off whatever hours I owe them when I leave, so if they dont its a bonus :smile: They brought back our old manager and he tried getting everyone to change their holidays, but we wouldnt bulge... it was all signed and approved lol

They really are a joke sometimes, trying to get hours off that you want... not whatever suits them. Its handy being in a small department though, swapping shifts is pretty easy, given enough time in advance. Plus anytime my manager says no to a day off, or when it came to negotiating my new contract hours, I just very gently remind him that I've not had even 1 sick day in 23 months working for them, plus all the overtime I've done... that usually does the trick lol Anyone else find they very quickly forget about favours you do for them?

No quantity key must suck. It makes no sense at all. We all have supervisor accounts in the PFS so we're still fine for it.

my manager tries to stop me switching shifts. i have been asking (and i gave 3 monts notice) to have certain weekends switched and it was no. ive ended up having to do extra hours in order to "compromise"....... when i didnt get the days off i wanted, i still have to work them. seems stupid to me =/ the number one thing you have to remember: they dont care about your needs. lol.
last year i joined in early october and i know the cut off point was something like october 15th. and i got half of the bonus. i dont know if theyre doing it this year, haevnt heard anything

Oo lets hope I was within the cut off point haha would be really helpful to me atm :smile:

Awww. If they are having a similar cut off point, I am going to miss it about about a week lol! :frown:
Reply 8513

Random question:

All thats happened is someone has ticked the wrong box on the main till computer when setting up their checkout account.
Awww. If they are having a similar cut off point, I am going to miss it about about a week lol! :frown:

I'm in the same boat, I started on the 17th. :sad:
I started on the 28th August 2010, is it even that much you get?
It is a real shame if they do have such a cut off point. I mean, I can understand doing it in relation to the amount of time you've worked there, but you can have worked a good 6 months and still miss that sort of cut off point.

Also, my store didn't open until November. The vast majority of the staff were new recruits [I think that helped with the planning permission etc as the area is a bit run down]. They have been talking about this bonus since the start - about us having to hit targets etc. So, if the reality was that all us newbies who started with the new store were not allowed to receive the bonus, I think there will be a lot of unhappy people. :/
Reply 8517
as much as 3% of your sainsbury's pay last tax year....ours is 2%, some people in our store didn't get any even though they have been with sainsbury's for years :eek:
Reply 8518
Original post by Schumacher
I started on the 28th August 2010, is it even that much you get?

Between 1.5% and 3% of your salary. Last year I got £100, and im part time.
Our store didn't get a single target so no bonus for. Joke tbh, not at all nightshifts fault. The delivery always gets completed. Just poor day staff cost us it.

Sainsbury's are generally stingy mind.

Latest

Trending

Trending