Just chose all the halls around Prince's Gardens! :tongue:
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 561
Original post by Mopsy Popsy
Finished my application to!!!!!!!! :biggrin:

Just chose all the halls around Prince's Gardens! :tongue:

Ah sneaky plan. I get the impression that a lot of people do that. I'm guessing you want to be right next to the uni then!

So you are also an unconditional offer holder, right?
Original post by Azimuth
They never fill up all the places and give the rest away first come first served.

The fact that nobody else seems to know about it is what's allowed me to keep doing it :biggrin:

Well now you've told the interweb...everyone on TSR is going to be trying it! :wink:
Reply 563
Whoa whoa, when did you guys receive the hall form? Did I miss it?
Reply 564
Original post by dsds1000
Whoa whoa, when did you guys receive the hall form? Did I miss it?

Only the unconditional offer holders have received the accommodation stuff.
Reply 565
Original post by freefrag
:P So do you just ring up accomodation on the day the rooms are given out and reserve one for yourself?

Also do they have different kinds of rooms available or only the most expensive ones?

They have a form on the accommodation page that you can fill out. Then they ring you a couple of days later if they've got a room for you.

Original post by bluesky42
Well now you've told the interweb...everyone on TSR is going to be trying it! :wink:

I graduate this year, so I don't mind passing it on to the younger generations :wink:
Original post by Zottula
Ah sneaky plan. I get the impression that a lot of people do that. I'm guessing you want to be right next to the uni then!

So you are also an unconditional offer holder, right?

Yeah, I am!! Had to defer cause I wasn't 18 :biggrin:

I would like it just for the handyness of it all... And I suppose to prevent as far as possible me being overwhelmed by living in London :tongue:
Reply 567
Original post by Mopsy Popsy
Yeah, I am!! Had to defer cause I wasn't 18 :biggrin:

I would like it just for the handyness of it all... And I suppose to prevent as far as possible me being overwhelmed by living in London :tongue:

You can go to uni at 17 though.......
Original post by Zottula
You can go to uni at 17 though.......

Medicine requires you to be 18, some other courses might too.
Reply 569
Original post by freefrag
Medicine requires you to be 18, some other courses might too.

Ah yes of course. Forgot about that.
Reply 570
Lemming Pembridge and Garden at the moment, as my choices are all restricted to 115ppw max. I've actually penned down two types of rooms for both of these halls, and put down a Beit twin as my last one.

I know some Evelyn Gardens and Wilson House rooms also fall under this price band; but I haven't put them down for a reason - if I'm going to be put somewhere further from campus, I'd much rather it be in a slightly more "home away from home" setting. (Close to campus is another story, because they're ALL together in a cluster.)
Evelyn Gardens has quite a few halls clustered there so it feels like a very studenty-packed village, and Wilson House is massive - in contrast, Pembridge has 99-100 max (you see where I'm going here...) So a bit more close-knit, and more like "home". :smile:

PS// No, haven't applied. "Penning down" = my own list to refer to later xD
(edited 12 years ago)
Just applied ..hopefully I'll get an ensuite at southside.
Reply 572
i already have a room mate in mind... is it possible to ensure he becomes my room mate?
Reply 573
Original post by xylar
i already have a room mate in mind... is it possible to ensure he becomes my room mate?

Nope. It's a total luck-of-the-draw thing with regards to roomies.
Original post by i_hate_teeth
Just applied ..hopefully I'll get an ensuite at southside.

same (Y)
does electrical engineering (H600) require me to be 18? My offer does not say I am deferred entry, so does that mean that I can still start even though i'm 17?
Reply 576
Original post by dwarfwarri
does electrical engineering (H600) require me to be 18? My offer does not say I am deferred entry, so does that mean that I can still start even though i'm 17?

Yeah you can do that course at 17.
Sweet! Just got my email now. Time to apply. The 'Garden' calls out to me. My inner spirit roars. /no homo
Reply 578
Just a question before I look at all the halls, does/can anyone recommend a hall close to the chemical engineering faculty, and at the same time is known to be sociable?? Cheers
Do you know if all of the halls offer guest housing? Or is it only some of them?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending