The Student Room Group

AQA BIOL2 Biology Unit 2 Exam - 26th May 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by EffKayy
:O :O I use that.
What do they miss out?

Print out a copy of the syllabus then go through and use it as a check list to see if they miss anything off. I do that and kind of annotate/highlight it. :tongue:
Original post by nasira372
does anyone have this book and is it any good for unit 2?

http://www.whsmith.co.uk/CatalogAndSearch/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=9780340945995

I find it useful :s-smilie:

Although I learnt all the work using NT and markschemes. It is good for application though :smile:
Original post by Circadian_Rhythm
It is a lot better than the actual AQA books, and they hardly miss anything out? I remember they missed a definition for unit 1 but what else do they miss? I'm intrigued.

Well air sacs is one example. There's actually a mistake in the book about the uptake of lymph being due to a lower hydrostatic pressure. They are not good at detail for example they miss out stuff about how the gill lammella are very thin = faster diffusion etc Little things like insect tracheoles are tipped with fluid. These things could lose you marks even if it is just 1 mark. Lots of other things I can't remember off the top of my head...my teacher was saying all this too. She said they when the new specification came out the publishers rushed to get the books published in time for the new school year.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 143
I have got that book as a textbook from school-its not very helpful for either unit. It covers the stuff very vaguely, and most of the diagrams arent done well, and the ones that would be useful aren't there. For example, my other textbook shows the curves for DNA-DNA Hybridisation, which you can use to measure the relationships-i can't find it in this book. Another example is that it doesnt name the different types of DNA mutation, which can give you some marks in the paper. It also doesnt give any definitions in any glossary, or in the writing-it just puts some words in bold. There are also no pages on the practical assessments stuff-not that we can do that anymore, but still. I'm not sure its worth getting it.
Reply 144
going to read over my notes for this...and finish all papers today =)
Predictions on what may come up?
Hey, how is everybody's revision going?
What UMS score do you all believe you will get?
Reply 147
does anyone have any notes on diversity of plants and animals
Original post by Benevolence

i want an A, even if it's a low one, its all about my predicted grades and AS grades when it comes to applying for uni
Reply 149
any QS on bio 2 guys, feel free to ask me.. not that im a pro lol

need high A in bio 2 retake to be safe, but low A i wuld still be over the moon
Reply 150
Anyone noticed any topics/kind of questions which haven't come up on Bio2 yet, or picked up anything from those examiners conferences?
Original post by kingsmod1
any QS on bio 2 guys, feel free to ask me.. not that im a pro lol

need high A in bio 2 retake to be safe, but low A i wuld still be over the moon

Tissue Fluid :frown:
Reply 152
Original post by LifeIsGood
Tissue Fluid :frown:

wats the problem and pm me wid ur email, we can chat there
Original post by Benevolence

Haven't done the paper so how can we judge? :s-smilie:
OMG, I just did the Jan 11 paper......What a HORRID paper. :eek:
Reply 155
Original post by Master.K
OMG, I just did the Jan 11 paper......What a HORRID paper. :eek:

I found it okay? We did it as a mock and got around 66/85(?)
Reply 156
Did anyone do general studies today 8-)
Sorry, this question might have been posted before, but is this a morning or afternoon exam?
Who has learnt the equation for standard deviation?
Reply 159
Original post by ChessMister
Who has learnt the equation for standard deviation?

We won't be asked to calcualate SD.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending