The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1720
Original post by girlwithsharpteeth
Yep, only one choice this year I'm afraid!

Phew, thanks for clearing that up :smile:
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by girlwithsharpteeth
Yep, only one choice this year I'm afraid!

Original post by Clairrre
Phew, thanks for clearing that up :smile:

There's only ever been one choice (well, as long as it's been online anyway - there were 3 choices when it was a paper form but that was 2004)
Reply 1722
Original post by accomoffice
There's only ever been one choice (well, as long as it's been online anyway - there were 3 choices when it was a paper form but that was 2004)

Hmm don't know what my friends were talking about then!
Original post by Clairrre
Hmm don't know what my friends were talking about then!

There is an "other" box that you can fill in with whatever else is important to you - technically you could state a second preference in this box? This might be what they meant?
Reply 1724
please can someone help me in choosing my accommodation. I need it on campus or very close to the civil engineering department, and finally ensuite. PLEASE HELP.
and can u tell me ur opinions on Leodis Hall???
Reply 1725
Original post by dni2011
please can someone help me in choosing my accommodation. I need it on campus or very close to the civil engineering department, and finally ensuite. PLEASE HELP.
and can u tell me ur opinions on Leodis Hall???

5 mins to engineering. Steep walking towards the uni, a shop close to it when walking towards uni. Gate round it, decent common room, kitchen was sort of empty. Only glanced in really
Reply 1726
really?? so you think that would be my first choice???? they suggested sentinental towers as well..:s-smilie:

they asked me in the accomodation application:
-do you want to stay in a quiet environmment? yes/no/dont mind (i answered dont mind)
-do you want a mixed gender flat? yes/no/dont mind (i answered no)

Did i answer them correctly? any advice?? (i still didnt send my application so i can make changes)

Thanksss
Reply 1727
Original post by dni2011
really?? so you think that would be my first choice???? they suggested sentinental towers as well..:s-smilie:

they asked me in the accomodation application:
-do you want to stay in a quiet environmment? yes/no/dont mind (i answered dont mind)
-do you want a mixed gender flat? yes/no/dont mind (i answered no)

Did i answer them correctly? any advice?? (i still didnt send my application so i can make changes)

Thanksss

depends which accommodation you're after. Unless you really like it quiet sentinel tower is a big NO. Leodis is closer and much more sociable. I'm doing engineering as well but I'm going with tannery. It depends what your priorities are really
saying no to mixed genders means you'll be put with all girls.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1728
which course are you doing? im going for the MSc Engineering project management in civil engineering...
Reply 1729
Original post by dni2011
which course are you doing? im going for the MSc Engineering project management in civil engineering...

medical engineering, either beng if i get into medicine in 2nd yr if not meng. I'm in the mechanical building which is next door to civil :smile:. Sentinel towers would be good for you then cos it's mostly postgrad and international which is quiet :tongue: you'll have to go thru uni cos it's on the other side but it's no more than 15mins from what I've been told and it's even closer to town :smile:
Reply 1730
thats nice:biggrin: ill get to see you then:P okay now ur confusing me, Leodis or sentinal???:P i want the closest one to civil engineering..
Reply 1731
Original post by dni2011
thats nice:biggrin: ill get to see you then:P okay now ur confusing me, Leodis or sentinal???:P i want the closest one to civil engineering..

Haha Maybe :wink: we're next door not same building :tongue:. Leodis is definitely closer. Leodis if it's location that matters :smile:
Reply 1732
hi ive chosen james bailie has anyone eles
im not sure if its too far out? should i change to opal 3
Original post by -Christabel-
awww ur not going with hp anymore :erm: nevermind as long as ur happy with CD and it sounds like u r lol

.....so I've got a lil confession, I almost changed my mind bout hp too, a few days back I stumbled across pictures of leodis and there were a couple of the outside garden/bbq space around the building, so I was daydreaming bout the tasty bbqs I could have in the summer and it just seemed to have more of a community feel so I was 2 minds whether to stick with hp or not, I chose to stick with hp cos I would love to be on campus, but to be honest if i ended up in either one I'd be happy, so long as I'm put with people I get on with :smile:

and my student finance is finally sorted, my mum was taking her sweet time filling in her section lol, but its all done and dusted now, I just really cant wait to go to leeds, im gettin excited bout it all over again :excited: i just pray I make my entry grades man :smile:

Sorry I took sooo long to reply it was my 18th on Wednesday so I've been super busy! Oh no really, I think its natural for us all to have doubts! But now I've changed I feel a lot happier and comparing CD and HP makes me realise that CD was the best choice by far! :biggrin:

Oh yeah I finished my student finance too, it took soooo long but I'm all sorted! Ah I hope you make your choice! Let me know what it is and if your stuck let me no and I'll help you :smile:xx
Henry Price or James Baillie???

help me?

anyone know which one is known for being more sociable?
the only thing putting me off hp, is the shared tiny horrible bathrooms i saw!
xx
Reply 1735
JBP
Reply 1736
The chances of getting into Leeds is looking slim..
Original post by dmz
JBP

why??? whats wrong with henry price? just looking for adviceee :smile:
Reply 1738
Original post by ohhelloruth
why??? whats wrong with henry price? just looking for adviceee :smile:

nothing other than what you've pointed out :tongue: JBP is in a location right next to an active bus stop, easy walk to uni as well as the supposed social area. Erm common room tho apparently it sucks. Small room but nice kitchen with sofa like chairs and really nice room tho not very big
Original post by dmz
nothing other than what you've pointed out :tongue: JBP is in a location right next to an active bus stop, easy walk to uni as well as the supposed social area. Erm common room tho apparently it sucks. Small room but nice kitchen with sofa like chairs and really nice room tho not very big

so you'd say the main negative about Henry price. is the ****ty bathrooms?? hmmmm yeah :smile: thanksss!

Latest