The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCE Applied ICT Unit 3- June 2011 Exam

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SquadRedFox
Right guys, complete solution (See Last Post) AND my spreadsheet, where you may all look around and see how i've completed it. Feel Free.

If you turn Bodmin to off you make more profit lol :wink:
Reply 161
we have just discovered we have to do an Nested IF Statement?
Can anyone provide me with this please?

Also, if you have over £186,591.91 profit, please explain how you got this and what you used to get the figure?

Thanks.

¬Adam

PS: Good luck to everyone who has the exam Monday - Wednesday. (I have it on Thursday).
Original post by Villa73

Also, if you have over £186,591.91 profit, please explain how you got this and what you used to get the figure?

Thanks.

¬Adam

PS: Good luck to everyone who has the exam Monday - Wednesday. (I have it on Thursday).

Hey I have attached the Excel Sheet. Check it out.
Hope it helps :smile:
Reply 163
Original post by Jorgeyy

Original post by Jorgeyy
Don't you need some $ in there to make it easy to paste it?

So...

=IF(Values!$B7="Yes",IF(Values!B$21="Yes",Advertising!B7,0),0)

And surely the AND has the same effect?

=IF(AND(Values!$B7="Yes",Values!B$21="Yes&quot:wink:,B7,0)

Which would you suggest is neatest and best to use in the exam?

I used the second and formula! :smile:
Reply 164
Original post by Villa73

Original post by Villa73

Thanks.

¬Adam

Hey i think the data could be different in exam so you'l have to get a different figure! However i got around £207,000 & thats the highest!! Lol... i think on the list of stores you do yes,no, yes yes yes & then all no & advertisement you have leaflets & billboards? & no to the other two! :smile: .. Hope it helps!

Good luck with your exam on thursday.. I have 5 exams next week & ICT is my last on friday so please let me know how it goes :smile: x
Reply 165
Original post by ajay fernando
Guys i have completely done the model, im making a profit of £177,950.73 by opening only two shops and using all of the advertising methods! Im nt sure if im right, so if u guys cud do the model so tht we will be able to discuss whose right and the highest profit made here.

thank you

can u send me a copy of your model coz i am struggling and i got the exam on monday plz
thankz
Reply 166
Original post by Sadii
Hey i think the data could be different in exam so you'l have to get a different figure! However i got around £207,000 & thats the highest!! Lol... i think on the list of stores you do yes,no, yes yes yes & then all no & advertisement you have leaflets & billboards? & no to the other two! :smile: .. Hope it helps!

Good luck with your exam on thursday.. I have 5 exams next week & ICT is my last on friday so please let me know how it goes :smile: x

could u send me ur model plz im struggling coz my teacher was of ill for the last month
Hi

I teach this unit and have been reading through the posts here.

Couple of things that may help:

The exam files will be exactly the same as the ones you are currently working from.

For the model to work correctly you need to add two checks - One to see if the shop is open and one to see if advertising method has been selected. There are numerous methods of achieving this but the maximum profit achievable should be somewhere near £200,000 - if you are able to get figures well over this amount, you have set up the spreadsheet wrong.

BTW shame on the teacher who was selling the worksheets :mad:
Original post by Sadii
I used the second and formula! :smile:

Sweet, thats the one I made up in my class today so no need to edit worksheet... after I noticed the one our teacher provided (just an IF formula dependant on shops being open and not taking into account advertising) was wrong.

Decided to tell my teacher she was wrong to tell the class rather than keep to myself after debating it LOL.
Reply 169
Original post by Jorgeyy

Original post by Jorgeyy
Sweet, thats the one I made up in my class today so no need to edit worksheet... after I noticed the one our teacher provided (just an IF formula dependant on shops being open and not taking into account advertising) was wrong.

Decided to tell my teacher she was wrong to tell the class rather than keep to myself after debating it LOL.

LOL did the same thing lol! .. teacher was impressed and told everyone to change what they had already done :wink:
Reply 170
Original post by joey don

could u send me ur model plz im struggling coz my teacher was of ill for the last month

Hey what exactly are you struggling on?

Heres my model and you can see pretty much all the formulas etc used... hope it helps & good luck with your exam!
Kraftz practise Sadz.xls
Original post by Sadii
LOL did the same thing lol! .. teacher was impressed and told everyone to change what they had already done :wink:

My teacher made everyone bow down to me, not even joking...

Suck it ;D
Reply 172
Original post by Jorgeyy

Original post by Jorgeyy
My teacher made everyone bow down to me, not even joking...

Suck it ;D

haha all i got was a few claps! damn
Reply 173
Original post by Sadii
Hey what exactly are you struggling on?

Heres my model and you can see pretty much all the formulas etc used... hope it helps & good luck with your exam!
Kraftz practise Sadz.xls

thankz for that but do u know how to fill in the advertising yellow box
thankz for that but do u know how to fill in the advertising yellow box

Open her spreadsheet and evaluate the formulas she has used in the yellow cells...

She can't really do more than actually send you a working model for you to look at...

If you're having trouble understanding what a formula actually means/does/it's purpose just quote this and i'll explain.
Reply 175
Original post by Jorgeyy
Open her spreadsheet and evaluate the formulas she has used in the yellow cells...

She can't really do more than actually send you a working model for you to look at...

If you're having trouble understanding what a formula actually means/does/it's purpose just quote this and i'll explain.

yeh could u do that plz i cant work out where u got it from
hi iv gt my exam next friday
i really need help with activity 2 and 4
cud someone plz send me thier
also this is the formular i got
=if(and(value!$b7="yes",b$21="yes"),b7,0)
it does wrk but it is differnt from saidas
ps dnt forget to look at the rating when u open the shop as if above 1 it is good as falmouth is rated as 1.
hope it help
pzl cud some1 help me
:~
Reply 177
Original post by *Wat Da Hell*
Here are some generalised answers :smile:
Hope it helps :smile:

hi hav u already done ur exam
Reply 178
Original post by Sadii
haha all i got was a few claps! damn

sorry to bother u so much but could u help me with the advertising formulas