The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Official Passfield Hall 2011 Thread!!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by H.Patel
Wein my first year i was on good terms with the hall committee because I helped out alot and it meant I could stay on at the halls. I live in london anyway so there was no point me renting a place, and I thought hey your only gonna be at uni for 3 years and halls are best place to be.
Then this year I am president on the committee and so I am kinda guranteed a place again, although alot of people apply without being on the committee and stay on at halls too.

Ahh thanks for that :smile: I really hope I get Passfield!
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 21
Original post by WeiChin
Question: Is anyone thinking of applying/has applied for a shared room in Passfield? :biggrin:

Me! Well, I'm thinking about it anyway. I'd like a single but don't think I could afford it :rolleyes:
Reply 22
Original post by H.Patel
Hey well you can choose people you already know and put down in your application form that you would like to share with them. But otherwise it is random although it is common for people to swap rooms at the start of the year to share with someone they are more like. The system where you apply usually has a sharing form where you put down things like what time you usually go bed, if you smoke etc so it tries to fit people.

Hi, Just wondering how easy is it to swap rooms? How easy is it to get the agreement of the other party? (the person you're swapping with)?

RE Sharing form - there's one this year right? *really should check out application soon*
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 23
Original post by In_Infamy
Hi, Just wondering how easy is it to swap rooms? How easy is it to get the agreement of the other party? (the person you're swapping with)?

RE Sharing form - there's one this year right? *really should check out application soon*

Hvaen't seen one yet. I'm guessing you fill in your sharing form after you a place? Maybe? I'm not sure <_< Passfield shared is my 1st choice btw
Reply 24
Hey well for the past two years there was a sharing form with the application, I have not seen anything like it this year. I am guessing it will be sent out after you get a place.

It can be easy to swap rooms and yeah it can offend the person you are sharing with but it is better that you swap rooms earlier in the year that way it is not as offensive.

I think they have improved the sharing form from previous years so you will get someone that is similar to you, i.e. if you are a first year you will share with a first year and if you like going sleep at 6am after clubbing then you should get put with someone who is like that too.
Reply 25
Original post by H.Patel
Hey well for the past two years there was a sharing form with the application, I have not seen anything like it this year. I am guessing it will be sent out after you get a place.

It can be easy to swap rooms and yeah it can offend the person you are sharing with but it is better that you swap rooms earlier in the year that way it is not as offensive.

I think they have improved the sharing form from previous years so you will get someone that is similar to you, i.e. if you are a first year you will share with a first year and if you like going sleep at 6am after clubbing then you should get put with someone who is like that too.

Um, mind if I ask the source? :redface: Probably my biggest concern about getting a twin is that I'll get someone who is the complete opposite of me....:rolleyes: What you said is very reassuring! :biggrin:
Reply 26
Um, mind if I ask the source? :redface: Probably my biggest concern about getting a twin is that I'll get someone who is the complete opposite of me....:rolleyes: What you said is very reassuring! :biggrin:

hey the Presidents of all the halls get together with residential services every few weeks for random meetings about different things. One meeting I had was with the IT and residential servies people who sort out the application process and they said they have improved it from last year, but I am yet to see this form anywhere on my application (I have to apply again to stay at Passfield too).

I suggested to them improve the form by adding more questions and actually committing to using the form when putting people together for shared rooms. I know a few ended up with people that put the opposite things on the sharing form. I really hope they have improved the form.

I have to say though the sharing form in my experience is awful, there are only 2 questions that are remotely helpful, which are 'what is your usual sleeping time' and 'do you smoke'. It is not a great form and thats why next year I want to make it really easy to swap around in the first few weeks of term once you get to know people a bit better.
Reply 27
Original post by H.Patel
hey the Presidents of all the halls get together with residential services every few weeks for random meetings about different things. One meeting I had was with the IT and residential servies people who sort out the application process and they said they have improved it from last year, but I am yet to see this form anywhere on my application (I have to apply again to stay at Passfield too).

I suggested to them improve the form by adding more questions and actually committing to using the form when putting people together for shared rooms. I know a few ended up with people that put the opposite things on the sharing form. I really hope they have improved the form.

I have to say though the sharing form in my experience is awful, there are only 2 questions that are remotely helpful, which are 'what is your usual sleeping time' and 'do you smoke'. It is not a great form and thats why next year I want to make it really easy to swap around in the first few weeks of term once you get to know people a bit better.

Ooooh :/ Any insight into what the other questions were? :s-smilie: Hopefully there will be improvements this year! :rolleyes:
Reply 28
Ooooh :/ Any insight into what the other questions were? :s-smilie: Hopefully there will be improvements this year! :rolleyes:

Tbh i really cannot remember last years application form let alone this years application I did. Uni just makes you forget what day it is.
The problem with the sharing form is that it did not have enough questions and it did not match you with the right people anyway... I asked them to add things like music tast but they said it would be another year for that to get onto the form.
Sorry.
I've just submitted my application and I put Passfield as my 1st choice. Is my app too late and can I get a place in Passfield?
If i have applied to Cass as my first choice (due to financial situation) and now i am having second thoughts as my family said its okay even if i have Passfield as my 1st choice and i wanna switch to Passfield, do you think i will be disadvantaged if i withdraw my old application and submit a new one? My previous one i have applied 2-3 days ago.

Please gimme an opinion i dont know what to do :frown:
Reply 31
Original post by vincenguyen
I've just submitted my application and I put Passfield as my 1st choice. Is my app too late and can I get a place in Passfield?

Hey your application should be fine, i do not think it is too late, I have not got my offer and I am President of the hall lol !
Reply 32
Original post by Loran Aniseed
If i have applied to Cass as my first choice (due to financial situation) and now i am having second thoughts as my family said its okay even if i have Passfield as my 1st choice and i wanna switch to Passfield, do you think i will be disadvantaged if i withdraw my old application and submit a new one? My previous one i have applied 2-3 days ago.

Please gimme an opinion i dont know what to do :frown:

Hey it should not be an issue if you resubmit your application and you will not be at a disadvantage because you only submitted the application 3 days ago.
hello, can i ask if there's wireless network in passfield itself? i heard there is in roseberry or something. thanks! :smile:
Reply 34
Original post by smallbearsis
hello, can i ask if there's wireless network in passfield itself? i heard there is in roseberry or something. thanks! :smile:

Hey, yeah there is in the common room and canteen and it can be accessed into the garden as well. In your rooms you get a ethernet cable, and this is the same at most halls, where wireless is only in the common areas.

hope that helps :-)
Reply 35
Hello,
what is the deal with choosing "RATE PREFERENCE" in Hallpad (got offer for Passfield single):

Single room price band A- £181.86
Single room price band B- £172.76
Single room price band C- £158.76
Single room price band D- £151.76

How do those rooms differ?

Cheers!
Reply 36
Who else has an offer for Passfield? I've got a shared room :smile:

Jakeebs - I'm not sure about the price bands. On my offer, I chose Price Band E on the basis I thought it was a triple room because it was cheapest, and I'd rather share with more people. Hope my theory works and I don't end up with a basement cupboard :tongue:
Reply 37
ME ME ME xD I didn't choose anything for price bands, meh can't be bothered to fret over it anymore. And even if you do end up in a cupboard...who knows, could be a 5 start cupboard xD
Original post by jakeebs
Hello,
what is the deal with choosing "RATE PREFERENCE" in Hallpad (got offer for Passfield single):

Single room price band A- £181.86
Single room price band B- £172.76
Single room price band C- £158.76
Single room price band D- £151.76

How do those rooms differ?

Cheers!

I wish there were more singles at Passfield!
Reply 39
I wish there were more options in the sharing form...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending