The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JChoudhry

Original post by JChoudhry
Hey, are there any apps that I could use to send messages to people international? :smile:

If they have an android phone you could look at something like beluga or WhatsApp
Reply 5041
:sigh:

ASUS have to have the worst recovery mode ever...when you boot into recovery mode you have 5 seconds to press up to go into recovery or it will go straight to the option of wiping your data, in that option menu press up to wipe data and press down to cancel. Now imagine you press up about 5 seconds too late. :rolleyes: Suffice to say I've done exactly that. God dammit maaaaan...
Guys whats the cheapest way to make phone calls home from abroad (could be a pay-phone or whatever), and to call people with us on holiday?
Original post by Rizzletastic
Guys whats the cheapest way to make phone calls home from abroad (could be a pay-phone or whatever), and to call people with us on holiday?

Probably a payphone. You might also find it's cheaper to pay for access in an internet café and use a service like Skype.
Original post by Rizzletastic

International phone cards.
How the hell did I get negged for that post lol
Reply 5046
Who got the White Nexus S?

Searched the online shops for it but no luck so far. :/
Reply 5047
Anyone know why I still haven't got Gingerbread for my Nexus One? They rolled it out for N1s in February I heard...

I've tried updating from 2.2.1 to 2.2.2 manually, but whenever I tell it to install the update.zip file, it just says
E:failed to verify whole-file signature
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted
Original post by tufc
Anyone know why I still haven't got Gingerbread for my Nexus One? They rolled it out for N1s in February I heard...

I've tried updating from 2.2.1 to 2.2.2 manually, but whenever I tell it to install the update.zip file, it just says
E:failed to verify whole-file signature
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted

How are you trying to install update.zip? Where are you getting update.zip from?
Reply 5049
Original post by mikeyd85
How are you trying to install update.zip? Where are you getting update.zip from?

http://androidandme.com/2011/01/phones/update-your-nexus-one-to-android-2-2-2/

Try downloading it again.

Have you considered rooting and installing custom ROMs? Would probably be really worth it now for the Nexus One. Get some Cyanogen Mod fun going there.
Anyone tried the WP7 Music app for Android? It's made by the same guy who developed Launcher Pro.
Original post by TheCrackInTime
Anyone tried the WP7 Music app for Android? It's made by the same guy who developed Launcher Pro.

Linky?
****! I think someone is at risk of some serious litigation but I will be downloading that on my next phone (doubt it would run on my hero)
Reply 5055
Original post by TheCrackInTime

I love it. It will definitely be my main player when more features are added.
Original post by RedGuy
I love it. It will definitely be my main player when more features are added.

Same here. I've got it teamed up with Launcher 7 at the moment and it's pretty cool. :cool:
I've got an annoying problem with my Desire S. With one of my contacts during texting, their name is followed by their mobile number (which is/like a link). It doesn't happen with any other contacts. I wouldn't mind but he is the person I text most. I would like to get rid of the number after the name but have had no success thus far. When I go on the link it tells me to verify the number but I've no idea how.

Any ideas guys? :s-smilie:
Original post by bex_1_2_1

Original post by bex_1_2_1
I've got an annoying problem with my Desire S. With one of my contacts during texting, their name is followed by their mobile number (which is/like a link). It doesn't happen with any other contacts. I wouldn't mind but he is the person I text most. I would like to get rid of the number after the name but have had no success thus far. When I go on the link it tells me to verify the number but I've no idea how.

Any ideas guys? :s-smilie:

Delete the contact and re add it?
Running Virtuous Fusion 1.0.0 on my Desire Z now

Android 2.3.3 with Sense 3.0 and it's perfect

No FCs or lag at all, everything works, love the interface and it just seems a lot faster than even the stock ROM

Only problem is it doesn't work in horizontal mode, but apart from that Sense 3.0 is brilliant

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=13547512

Latest

Trending

Trending