Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Need to sort out frame of mind over eating as I am fat(sorry long thread) Watch

(Original post by -honeybee-)
    This is exactly what I'm talking about. You seem to have a really bad relationship with food. Everything I said in previous post had nothing to do with losing weight, I was talking about your percieved lack of appetite.

So when you were living at home - were you in this same situation or was your eating pretty 'normal'?
    Hard to say but food was in a whole different league of satisfaction as such.

My dad made me dinner around 12, tea around 5.15 and supper around 7.30-8pm and though I craved more food I didnt shove it all down at once i.e at midnight I might of craved something but the craving would be minimal i.e id crave some noodles and be a tiny tiny bit hungry after so would try and eat something but couldnt.

ReputationRep:
    Your weight is irrelevant. It's how you look that matters.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hard to say but food was in a whole different league of satisfaction as such.

My dad made me dinner around 12, tea around 5.15 and supper around 7.30-8pm and though I craved more food I didnt shove it all down at once i.e at midnight I might of craved something but the craving would be minimal i.e id crave some noodles and be a tiny tiny bit hungry after so would try and eat something but couldnt.
    Do nutritionists deal with such matters? Have you been referred for counselling as a result of your depression? If you think you cannot work through this problem yourself, you probably need some professional help. I have to say that reading this thread has made me really confused.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liveandforgive)
    here's a link i found on google.

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

but its a bit logical, once you know what type of activities you do every day - you can build a basic diet around it.

when you ain't doing much (sitting on your a*se all day long), you aint burning much energy therefore one should try to correlate each day's food intake with what they do on that day.

I see people doing all sorts of weird sh*t to lose weight. The math is simple, they just complicate things. Follow this and maintain it.
    Cheers +rep

ReputationRep:
    I think you should set yourself 3 meals a day. Something like eggs on wholemeal toast would make a good breakfast and some cracked black pepper to reduce the blandness.

Try learning to cook spicy foods, there are loads of healthy curry/chilli recipes on the net to try. The spicyness may tantalise your taste buds a bit more.

No matter how bland/unsatisfying you find it, i think you should stick to 3 meals a day just get yourself into a normal eating pattern. Obviously cut out the ready meals etc too and learn to cook as a new hobby!

If this is rubbish advice sorry, reading this thread has boggled my brain lol.

(Original post by -honeybee-)
    Do nutritionists deal with such matters? Have you been referred for counselling as a result of your depression? If you think you cannot work through this problem yourself, you probably need some professional help. I have to say that reading this thread has made me really confused.
    I have been on various waiting lists for years but councilling is just one of many things government cutbacks have affected(it was overloaded before the cuts!)

(Original post by PirateGirl)
    I think you should set yourself 3 meals a day. Something like eggs on wholemeal toast would make a good breakfast and some cracked black pepper to reduce the blandness.

Try learning to cook spicy foods, there are loads of healthy curry/chilli recipes on the net to try. The spicyness may tantalise your taste buds a bit more.

No matter how bland/unsatisfying you find it, i think you should stick to 3 meals a day just get yourself into a normal eating pattern. Obviously cut out the ready meals etc too and learn to cook as a new hobby!

Well I love spicy foods! However crazy it sounds that I dont eat much and find food bland I can tell differences between many foods and its often spicy food with sauces I find tolerable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PirateGirl)

I agree with this completely...including being incredibly confused by this thread!

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I have been on various waiting lists for years but councilling is just one of many things government cutbacks have affected(it was overloaded before the cuts!)
    So you were prescribed anti-depressants without having had counselling?? Shocking.

Well I love spicy foods! However crazy it sounds that I dont eat much and find food bland I can tell differences between many foods and its often spicy food with sauces I find tolerable.
    The other post I've quoted, that's what I've been trying to say throughout this thread. I really think this is a case of mind over matter. If you love spicy food, eat spicy food.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 19, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.