Eastside Hall Ensuite Twin room

BRAP!!! Should all be less that £130. Just about my max.:hat:
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 581
i want my e-mail already, this is long!
Reply 582
How strict are imperial with the 6'3 rule for a longer bed? I am 6'2 and a half do you think i can apply for the longer bed?
Reply 583
Original post by mandn
How strict are imperial with the 6'3 rule for a longer bed? I am 6'2 and a half do you think i can apply for the longer bed?

If you want, go for it. They're not gonna measure you when you get there.
Reply 584
Original post by freefrag
Do you know if all of the halls offer guest housing? Or is it only some of them?

Only some do.
Reply 585
Original post by Zottula
If you want, go for it. They're not gonna measure you when you get there.

Reply 586
Original post by mandn

No probs :smile:.
Reply 587
Original post by nikita_atikin
Mine are yearlies :frown: Dailies are a lot more convenient I'd imagine though.

Oh that's a bit disappointing about the gym but I suppose I could always find someone! Basically I might as well get fit if im going to be living near a gym. But are people up for going to stuff like freshers balls and other summer balls and things like that? And another issue you pointed out, is it reeeaaalllyyy racially segregated? I mean I've lived in a multi cultural environment all my life so I want multi-race friends at university too but I'm of Indian origin so will I end up with only Indian friends? :s-smilie: Sorry I know it's a really childish question but I'm curious that's all because I just want to fit in well. :s-smilie:

Nikita, I will come find you to go to the gym!!!!!! Have seen your posts on TSR a lot, and I must say, I look forward to meeting you in October!!(Provided I meet my offer...)
I would just like to say snap! Ditto for everything you've said above- my situation and nationality are identical to yours. I really don't think any of it will be a problem because everyone on TSR seems to be voicing the same concerns- hence you have potential freshers who:
1) Want a social life, going against the myth that Imperial kills your social life
2) Want to mix with new nationalities
3) Want to play hard and work hard

All our goals are pretty much aligned, so I think we'll all get along just fine! :smile:
What course you doing btw? And I'm guessing you'd be starting this October 2011 right?
Reply 588
Original post by hiphop21
Nikita, I will come find you to go to the gym!!!!!! Have seen your posts on TSR a lot, and I must say, I look forward to meeting you in October!!(Provided I meet my offer...)
I would just like to say snap! Ditto for everything you've said above- my situation and nationality are identical to yours. I really don't think any of it will be a problem because everyone on TSR seems to be voicing the same concerns- hence you have potential freshers who:
1) Want a social life, going against the myth that Imperial kills your social life
2) Want to mix with new nationalities
3) Want to play hard and work hard

All our goals are pretty much aligned, so I think we'll all get along just fine! :smile:
What course you doing btw? And I'm guessing you'd be starting this October 2011 right?

Kita's on a ban atm until exams are out...so it'll be a while before she gets back to you :tongue: Just thought you might want to know.

Original post by freefrag
Do you know if all of the halls offer guest housing? Or is it only some of them?

Not all do, but the seniors I met say that quite a few people sleep on each other's floors. Just make sure you have a sleeping bag or a futon somewhere. :tongue:

As far as I know, these are the ones with guest housing (you pay a donation to use it, though:

Bernard Sunley
Fisher (but they say it won't be available next year :/)
Southwell

Just about every hall allows you to have guests over provided the wardens are aware that they're coming (and if you have a shared room, that your roomies are fine with it.) If I'm not wrong, though, there's one of the Southside halls that doesn't allow guests in the shared rooms (saw it on their website once); but don't quote me on that.

[Although I've heard that half the time people sleep over at each other's halls without the wardens knowing much about it...apparently they can't keep on top of everything. :tongue:]

Original post by Legendary Carrot
Beit Ensuite Twin room
Garden Hall Non-ensuite Triple room
Garden Hall Non-ensuite Twin room
Southside Hall Ensuite Twin room
Eastside Hall Ensuite Twin room

BRAP!!! Should all be less that £130. Just about my max.:hat:

You've gone for the Beit and two Garden options I'm lemming too - that's 3 outta 5 xD Not going for East/South though, I've gone for the 115 max price band. :smile:
Original post by arianex
You've gone for the Beit and two Garden options I'm lemming too - that's 3 outta 5 xD Not going for East/South though, I've gone for the 115 max price band. :smile:

Ha Ive took a risk. I thought that since I put that price band is more important to me, maybe by puting 2 more expencive rooms along with the cheaper ones, I might have a higher chance of getting a room less that £115, hopefully Garden. Not sure how it will work, but ill be able to afford east and southside anyway due to lots of bursaries. First time i've been happy to have poor parents lol. :jebus:
Reply 590
Original post by arianex
Kita's on a ban atm until exams are out...so it'll be a while before she gets back to you :tongue: Just thought you might want to know.

Well she's supposed to be on a ban. She has returned. Not hard to guess who :ninja:
Reply 591
How do you find out if you've had the Meningitis C vaccine or not?
How old were you when you've had it? Because I might have had it when I was in China, but I'm not sure :s-smilie:
Reply 592
Original post by Dark-Myth
How do you find out if you've had the Meningitis C vaccine or not?
How old were you when you've had it? Because I might have had it when I was in China, but I'm not sure :s-smilie:

I was in year 4 at school (8/9 years old) when I had mine.
Reply 593
Mum came home and I asked her. Apparently she's lost all the documentation, but she is pretty sure I've had Meningitis vaccine when I was in China. Not sure if it's type C or not... But I've filled yes.

So my choices are:
pembridge (single), wilson (single), fisher(single), holbein(twin) and garden(twin).

Fingers crossed I get a cheap single!
Reply 594
How are you guys choosing multiple options? It's only letting me put one into my "basket", and the next step seems to be the end of the application. What am I missing?
Reply 595
Original post by Ishii_WG
How are you guys choosing multiple options? It's only letting me put one into my "basket", and the next step seems to be the end of the application. What am I missing?

That's weird :s-smilie:. We've all managed multiple options. At the top of mine it said that it wouldn't send until I'd selected all 5 options. Maybe you should contact the accommodation peeps?
Reply 596
Could the fact that I'm not 18, or that I don't live in the UK, have anything to do with it? :/
Reply 597
Could the fact that I'm not 18, or that I don't live in the UK, have anything to do with it? :/

If you are under 18 you can't apply for shared rooms. That is all I know. Someone else in this thread had a similar problem to you with the form. I shall try and find out if he/she is under 18 as well.

I recon if you click the 'blank' options on the accomodation search, so it shows all available accomodation and does not shortlist it, it will work. Clear the list you have chosen and do that. Click 5 accomidation options from the beginging, then accept or whatever and it will work. :smile:
Reply 599
Nope. I can take screencaps, but if I clear my basket, the red text at the top says "Basket must contain 1 preferences before you can confirm your application". When I tick five and click Add Selection to Basket, it says "Some preferences were not added as the basket is full." and only adds the first one.

I also couldn't view the 'Under 18's Information' link on the page before this. It takes me to an ICL Web Login page, but my username and password that got me into the accomodations account don't work. I may or may not have said that I read it. Maybe that has something to do with it xD

I suppose I'll shoot the Admissions people an email tomorrow morning.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending