The Student Room Group

Nursing Hull University September 11

Hey, I was just wondering who will be going to Hull uni in september to study nursing, cos I am :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi
I have accepted Hull as my Firm Offer to do Adult Nursing in Sptember 2011 :0)
I'm 35, married with 2 young children. I will be living at home in a village nr Scunthorpe
Are you doing adult nursing too, pinki?
How old are you and what's your situation?
Met anyone else also doing nursing?
I don't know anyone else yet other than a friend of mine starts midwifry....
Looking to car share too if you live near me...?
Look forward to your reply :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Donzigoes
Hi
I have accepted Hull as my Firm Offer to do Adult Nursing in Sptember 2011 :0)
I'm 35, married with 2 young children. I will be living at home in a village nr Scunthorpe
Are you doing adult nursing too, pinki?
How old are you and what's your situation?
Met anyone else also doing nursing?
I don't know anyone else yet other than a friend of mine starts midwifry....
Looking to car share too if you live near me...?
Look forward to your reply :smile:

Hi, Donzigoes I'm 18 and currently at sixth form college. I'm going to be living at home in a village outside of Hull with my parents. I'm going to be doing adult nursing too, I'm excited but nervous too :smile:

I don't know of anyone else doing adult nursing at hull, but I do have a friend who has applied for children's nursing there but is still to have a reply from her interview that she did a few weeks ago. :smile:

Its been nice to hear of someone else going as I have heard from anyone else yet :tongue: so thanks
Reply 3
Hi
I have accepted as my firm offer to do Mental Health nursing
I am 44 years old and live in Hull, I have three children 24, 19 & 16.
It was such a relieve to get an offer as I know they only take 30 in the Mental Health branch.
Really looking forward to it:banana2:
Reply 4
Original post by lindy67
Hi
I have accepted as my firm offer to do Mental Health nursing
I am 44 years old and live in Hull, I have three children 24, 19 & 16.
It was such a relieve to get an offer as I know they only take 30 in the Mental Health branch.
Really looking forward to it:banana2:

Congratulations, you must of really impressed them! :smile:
Reply 5
Hi, I have firmed Hull for Adult Nursing in September, I will be 25 when I begin the course and I am planning to live at home. As Hull was a last minute choice I never saw the clinical facilities the University has. Has anyone been for an open day and seen the Nursing facilities? Thanks :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by xxxjojoxxx
Hi, I have firmed Hull for Adult Nursing in September, I will be 25 when I begin the course and I am planning to live at home. As Hull was a last minute choice I never saw the clinical facilities the University has. Has anyone been for an open day and seen the Nursing facilities? Thanks :smile:

hey, the clinical facilities are really good, that is one of the reasons that I chose Hull :smile:
Reply 7
Thanks :smile: I am soo excited but nervous at the same time :redface:
Reply 8
me too!! :smile:
Reply 9

Hello, I'm Corey and I'm 19, I've put Hull as my Firm and have an un-conditional offer to study Adult Nursing too :smile:
I'm going to live on campus/in housing near by.
Very, very excited but nervous at the same time!
Reply 10
Hiya,

I had my interview yesterday... I cannot predict how i did so dont know if I will be joining you all yet... how long did it take before they let you know after the interview, they said 14 days =/

Donzigo, I live south side of the bridge so car share could be an option if i get in =)

x x
I had an interview on a Wed and had the offer on the following Tuesday, it is a conditional offer I have received, but I have so far got the grades I require! I am at college doing an access course.. but my heads already at University I'm that excited :biggrin: haha hope you get an offer.. are you wanting to go to hull then? are you waiting on replies for any others? :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 12
Hello Jojo,

Yeah I am going to hull its quite local to me so all my eggs in one basket so to speak, they got back to me and I got a place... I am so over the moon I cant tell you!!!! =) =) =)

I think the facilities are fabulous at hull for nursing too so cant wait to get stuck in!

How have you found the access course?, i heard they prepare you for the science really well?

x
Well Done JenWren, it's a great feeling isn't it? :smile: have you got a conditional offer or unconditional? what course have you done to prepare you for Uni? I've really enjoyed Access Course, it has been pretty demanding though (some people say 1st Year at Uni is less demanding but I'll have to wait and see about that lol) as I have been working too. I have done human biology which I think has been pretty relevant, so thats good but have done core biology which some of it seems relevant but other stuff (such as global warming is something I hope I never have to go through again haha) I am going to attend the next open day at Hull (9th July) to take a look at the facilities and get my bearings a bit.
hi, i have an unconditional to do Children Nursing in september which i am so excited about! Anyone else doing children Nursing? I will be living in halls and wondering where everyone else is choosing to go or as nursing do we have set halls as our academic years are longer? xx
Hi, I'm starting Nursing at Hull this Sept, i had my interview last Wed and found out this Monday. This is my second degree, ive already done History at Uni! The facilities at Hull look amazing tho, cant wait to start and get stuck in!
Reply 16
Hi all, i had my interview last Wednesday for adult nursing and i am also starting in September, so excited :smile:

Does anyone else live in Doncaster?
Reply 17
Hi JoJo,

My offer was unconditional and I firmed it straight away incase they changed thier minds lol!!

I have recently done a course with the open university... was really good but was health and social care based so not alot of science... i have ordered some books of amazon to try prepare a little so any good ones you come across let me know x

I think you will enjoy looking around the clinical facilities... I was impressed =)
I am really excited for the open day! I have bought the Student Nurse Handbook by Bethann Siviter.. it is very informative about what to expect on the course and advice for placements, some study skills etc. I bought that through recommendation and found it interesting I did ask at the interview if there was anything I could do to prepare and I was told to refresh upon Anatomy and Physiology so I may do that, but before I buy any more books I think I'll wait until we get a reading list or I may ask when I go on the open day.
Reply 19
Hey everyone,

I gave my firm reply to Hull Uni last week to start Adult Nursing in September! I've been given a conditional offer, I just need my second reference. I'm 24 will be a month off 25 when we start, I'm from Hull originally and will be my second time studying at Hull I already have a degree in Educational Studies. Really looking forward to getting stuck in, we had a mini tour of the clinical skills unit on the interview day its really good!

Nicki x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending