The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Glee Society... No Future Spoilers

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ambs
People really shouldn't encourage such insanity. Seriously, I thought some of the fics I only heard about were bad, but this has got to be the worst. I know some people tend to heterosexualise gay relationships but this is pushing it :tongue:

Ooh, is it a normal fic or a roleplay? I'm too stupid for roleplays, I always get lost in them.

My biggest problem with essays is that I'm always thinking that someone else already discussed the topic I'm trying to write about and did a way better job, so I always feel like a failure because none of my thoughts about texts are even remotely original. So I agree; at least with Klaine you're sure no scholar did all the discovering and you're just reproducing :tongue:

I can't believe people want her to continue writing it :no: it's even worse than the one of Blaine as a puppy I saw.

It's a normal fic this time but it's pretty crap. I'm uploading really short chapters because that's the way I write and I think I'm dragging things on too much. Plus it's so difficult to avoid cliches. I wish I'd continued with creative writing back when i was good at it.

Oh yeah, I'm the same with essays. I always think I have a great idea then look it up on the internet and find out everyone else had it before me :sad:
Reply 6221
I don't tend to read Crackfics but I have browsed through a few Mpreg fics out of curiosity (I think both were the creations of Kurtofsky shippers :p:). That Mpreg seemed pretty tame. The worst fic I have ever seen--mainly because it was the rankest--was a Twilight one (I can't believe how into Twilight I used to be :rolleyes:). It was so extreme I don't want to give a summary of what it was about :s-smilie:
Reply 6222
I really want to write a fanfic too but I have exactly zero original ideas :p:

It would obviously be about Klaine.
Original post by Toph
I don't tend to read Crackfics but I have browsed through a few Mpreg fics out of curiosity (I think both were the creations of Kurtofsky shippers :p:). That Mpreg seemed pretty tame. The worst fic I have ever seen--mainly because it was the rankest--was a Twilight one (I can't believe how into Twilight I used to be :rolleyes:). It was so extreme I don't want to give a summary of what it was about :s-smilie:

Kurtofsky shippers would be the ones doing it :rolleyes: it is tame, just the subject matter that's weird. I've never read twilight and I'm quite glad I never did judging by the things I hear about it :rofl:

Original post by Toph
I really want to write a fanfic too but I have exactly zero original ideas :p:

It would obviously be about Klaine.

I have no real original ideas either. I can't plan either, my ideas are coming after each section I write.
Reply 6224
Original post by e hine e
I can't believe people want her to continue writing it :no: it's even worse than the one of Blaine as a puppy I saw.

It's a normal fic this time but it's pretty crap. I'm uploading really short chapters because that's the way I write and I think I'm dragging things on too much. Plus it's so difficult to avoid cliches. I wish I'd continued with creative writing back when i was good at it.

Oh yeah, I'm the same with essays. I always think I have a great idea then look it up on the internet and find out everyone else had it before me :sad:

Blaine as a puppy? :lolwut: Oh my...

I haven't read it so I can't judge, but I'm actually pretty convinced it can't be crap. You always think and say the right things - I always need a preach gif for your thoughts! From the (very very) little fanfiction I have read, I like it when things are slow. If there's a fic where at the start of chapter one they get in a fight and by the end of it everything's ok again, then what's the use? Do tell when you're uploading it, I want to read it!! :biggrin:

Original post by Toph

I once read the beginning of a Glee fic were a character was raped - sickest thing I ever read. Why do people even think these things? :cry2:

Original post by Ambs
Blaine as a puppy? :lolwut: Oh my...

I haven't read it so I can't judge, but I'm actually pretty convinced it can't be crap. You always think and say the right things - I always need a preach gif for your thoughts! From the (very very) little fanfiction I have read, I like it when things are slow. If there's a fic where at the start of chapter one they get in a fight and by the end of it everything's ok again, then what's the use? Do tell when you're uploading it, I want to read it!! :biggrin:

I once read the beginning of a Glee fic were a character was raped - sickest thing I ever read. Why do people even think these things? :cry2:

I don't usually like people reading things I write but I'll link because if no one ever reads things it won't give me the motivation to actually do more and get better. No one's allowed to judge me though, not even if your name is Blaine Freaking Anderson. I'll point out the mistakes before anyone else can:

a) chapter 1 is cringeworthy.
b) there are various typos I've found while re reading, to change them I have to upload a whole new document. I can't be bothered doing this.
c) I use cliches about hearts a lot.
d) I haven't read it through from beginning to end in one sitting so if it reads badly it's not my fault
e) I'm pretty sure I changed tenses somewhere in it :rofl:
f) I change between Blaine and Kurt's POV quite a bit and I know other fics where they've labelled where they're changing but I think that's kind of weird.
g) I could be linking anyone's fanfic, how do you even know this is mine? :ninja:
h) I'll probably regret posting this in the morning.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7002640/1/Will_We_be_the_Same

after reading chapter 1 again I really think I need to re write it. People should skip that.
There are sketches on tumblr of things I never needed to see

:eek3: x250000000
Reply 6227
Oh gods.. Fan fiction...

One of my friends keeps begging me to let her read mine.. Yeah, no way :lol:
Original post by Hravan

Original post by Hravan
Oh gods.. Fan fiction...

There's no way on this planet that I'd let any people I know in real life read mine. On the internet I can easily disappear forever and no one need know it was me :biggrin:
Did TSR just go down for anyone else? It was almost as bad as when tumblr goes down. Those 2 minutes :eek3:
Reply 6230
There's no way on this planet that I'd let any people I know in real life read mine. On the internet I can easily disappear forever and no one need know it was me :biggrin:

I won't even put mine on the internet.

I'm too scared that somebody will steal my character and write better stories with her. Well not necessarily better stories but they will be able to write better than me.

Nobody is stealing my character.. She's mine. (And her back story and how she fits in is epic, if I don't say so myself :tongue: )

(Harry Potter verse BTW)
Reply 6231
I don't usually like people reading things I write but I'll link because if no one ever reads things it won't give me the motivation to actually do more and get better. No one's allowed to judge me though, not even if your name is Blaine Freaking Anderson. I'll point out the mistakes before anyone else can:

My god, woman! I LOVED IT :woo:

a) chapter 1 is cringeworthy.
b) there are various typos I've found while re reading, to change them I have to upload a whole new document. I can't be bothered doing this.
c) I use cliches about hearts a lot.
d) I haven't read it through from beginning to end in one sitting so if it reads badly it's not my fault
e) I'm pretty sure I changed tenses somewhere in it :rofl:
f) I change between Blaine and Kurt's POV quite a bit and I know other fics where they've labelled where they're changing but I think that's kind of weird.
g) I could be linking anyone's fanfic, how do you even know this is mine? :ninja:
h) I'll probably regret posting this in the morning.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7002640/1/Will_We_be_the_Same

after reading chapter 1 again I really think I need to re write it. People should skip that.

a) no it isn't! I loved it, great set-up - and I'm someone who normally doesn't even like the idea of later in life fics!
b) I didn't spot a single one. I only had two hours of English class a week while at school so I know I'm not the best judge, but I honestly didn't notice a single mistake. I was reading way too fast to notice anything apart from the story! :woo:
c) didn't notice it - it wasn't cheesy at all. It felt real.
d) it doesn't, not at all.
e) I don't even know what a tense is so... :dontknow:
f) I like that, and I also like how they're both two different people. And Blaine is actually Blaine, not Darren, like so many people seem to do. I love your Kurt too.
g) only you could have written that because it's a w e s o m e.
h) of course not! Damn it woman, if I could write like that I would be posting it all over the world just to show off!

And now I'll add

i) when is the next chapter?
j) poor poor Blaine! I HATE it when people do that 'you're so young you're supposed to have fun now' thing, and it really does happen and I could totally picture it happening to them!
k) your Kurt is so REAL! As is his job and location.
l) apart from all the individual criticism, can I just say that this is the best fic I ever read thus far? And I'm not even being nice, it honestly is. It's your writing style; you can just tell that you are way more intelligent and have read a lot more than your average fangirl.
m) marry me and write pretty stories like this one all the time? :love:
Original post by Hravan

Original post by Hravan
I won't even put mine on the internet.

I'm too scared that somebody will steal my character and write better stories with her. Well not necessarily better stories but they will be able to write better than me.

Nobody is stealing my character.. She's mine. (And her back story and how she fits in is epic, if I don't say so myself :tongue: )

(Harry Potter verse BTW)

I'm so lucky the only characters I use are stolen from someone else already :woo:

You can let me read it though, right? :ninja:
OMFG

Spoiler

I do believe I just had the most gleeky day of my entire life. And you know what? IT WAS AWESOME :biggrin: No more being in the gleek closet for me! :P
Reply 6235
There are sketches on tumblr of things I never needed to see

:eek3: x250000000

What was it?? I follow innocent people, there's nothing inappropriate on my dash :dancing:
Reply 6236
Original post by Hravan
Oh gods.. Fan fiction...

You do realise we're all going to do the same now, right? :awesome:
E hine e, I'm one chapter into your fic and I love it! I'm too tired to say anything other than that! :biggrin: :love: I love adult!Klaine fics!
Original post by Ambs
a) no it isn't! I loved it, great set-up - and I'm someone who normally doesn't even like the idea of later in life fics!
b) I didn't spot a single one. I only had two hours of English class a week while at school so I know I'm not the best judge, but I honestly didn't notice a single mistake. I was reading way too fast to notice anything apart from the story! :woo:
c) didn't notice it - it wasn't cheesy at all. It felt real.
d) it doesn't, not at all.
e) I don't even know what a tense is so... :dontknow:
f) I like that, and I also like how they're both two different people. And Blaine is actually Blaine, not Darren, like so many people seem to do. I love your Kurt too.
g) only you could have written that because it's a w e s o m e.
h) of course not! Damn it woman, if I could write like that I would be posting it all over the world just to show off!

And now I'll add

i) when is the next chapter?
j) poor poor Blaine! I HATE it when people do that 'you're so young you're supposed to have fun now' thing, and it really does happen and I could totally picture it happening to them!
k) your Kurt is so REAL! As is his job and location.
l) apart from all the individual criticism, can I just say that this is the best fic I ever read thus far? And I'm not even being nice, it honestly is. It's your writing style; you can just tell that you are way more intelligent and have read a lot more than your average fangirl.
m) marry me and write pretty stories like this one all the time? :love:

:hugs: thank you so much for writing all that :woo:

I'm honestly very flattered :colondollar:

I've been uploading those chapters all day but the next one probably won't be up until tomorrow. I have no idea where to take it now :eek3: I kind of have ideas, something will probably come spilling out when I decide I can be bothered to type.

I'm glad you like my Kurt and Blaine!

I will marry you :yep:
Reply 6239
Original post by diamonddust
OMFG

Spoiler

I'm trying to keep it 'till Tuesday but it's so hahahaaard!

Original post by PrettyRainbows
I do believe I just had the most gleeky day of my entire life. And you know what? IT WAS AWESOME :biggrin: No more being in the gleek closet for me! :P

Ooh, what happened? :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending