The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mollymoo
Has any conditional applicant received an accommodation email yet?

I'm 99% sure they haven't been sent yet.
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Oh mayann, the amount of people who have gone for/are wanting to go for BillMo is mental!
Original post by Rachel_Leah
Oh mayann, the amount of people who have gone for/are wanting to go for BillMo is mental!

:ashamed2:
I'm pretty sure all self catered accommodation is probably oversubscribed but really, you will end up somewhere you like so don't worry! If you want self catered and eventually get self catered then it's all good :smile:
Original post by polka_dott
I'm pretty sure all self catered accommodation is probably oversubscribed

The Holt isn't. :fyi:
Reply 225
I'm still waiting on the accomodation email to be sent to me...but was just wondering to those that already registered with lboro accomodation centre...what exactly do they ask you? any specific details? do we have to pay anything when applying for the room? :s-smilie:

Just want to know now so I can get all the information ready =]
Reply 226
Original post by jrsantosb
I'm still waiting on the accomodation email to be sent to me...but was just wondering to those that already registered with lboro accomodation centre...what exactly do they ask you? any specific details? do we have to pay anything when applying for the room? :s-smilie:

Just want to know now so I can get all the information ready =]

When you register you need your Ucas number then they ask for name and email address then they send a confirmation email to you and you need to enter that code in before you can continue, then you make an application for the year, then a list if halls comes up with whatever rooms available, you select the room then you just keep pressing continue, you can read the stuff but it's like really long lol. But then after that (there's about 3 links worth of stuff) you confirm your room again, then you get an email confirming your halls and it tells you how much you need to pay for the year and it includes the money for freshers week. It differs in each hall

We don't pay anything yet, but when you get your university number (it's B******** or some such, not the K one) and then after you get that number, you have 8 days to pay your room bond/deposit which is £150 and after that you just need to buy bedding cos all youre given is a mattress and bed frame lol

So. Need any more info? :tongue:
Reply 227
Original post by Potally_Tissed
The Holt isn't. :fyi:

thats because its off campus and expensive :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by babyinks
thats because its off campus and expensive :tongue:

True.

Nice, though.
Reply 229
How comes people have secured rooms already?! I havent had an e-mail yet or anything confirming even when I can choose.. Im hoping others havent too? Also will this limit my chances of getting into bill mo as rooms have already been taken? Sorry for the questions, I panic a bit haa!
Reply 230
Original post by sophs92
How comes people have secured rooms already?! I havent had an e-mail yet or anything confirming even when I can choose.. Im hoping others havent too? Also will this limit my chances of getting into bill mo as rooms have already been taken? Sorry for the questions, I panic a bit haa!

Students returning to halls have gotten their rooms from like Jan, and unconditional students (like me) applied on Monday. Conditionals (like you) can apply from Tuesday 31 may after 9am. And the uni will have allocated a set amour of rooms for returnees, unconditionals and conditionals so don't worry too much. As long as you log on in time to secure a room you should be fine. And even if you don't get a room, you will still make friends in bill mo and you could spend time there and stuff :smile:
Original post by sophs92

People with unconditional offers have applied for rooms. The email hasn't been sent yet for those with conditional offers.

The amount of rooms available in the applications process for those with unconditional offers is proportionate to the amount of people with unconditional offers, so if 1/3 people have an unconditional offer then 1/3 of each room type is available to them. You are not disadvantaged in getting your first choice by having a conditional offer. :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 232
what is the big hype about bill mo and rig-rutt? and why does everyone seem to prefer the idea of self catered accomodation?
Reply 233
Original post by SN-RAVER
what is the big hype about bill mo and rig-rutt? and why does everyone seem to prefer the idea of self catered accomodation?

Bill Mo because it's awesome :P. Personally I think university is a great time and place to learn how to cook, plus I really don't want to be restricted by meal times, especially if I have late finishing lectures meaning I may miss meals, etc.

I personally prefer self-catered because of the flexibility in meal times and the fact that lunch and dinner are guaranteed to be something I will like, though on the other hand catered halls mean you don't have to worry about cooking or shopping and the mealtimes are an extra social element. It's a trade-off, you have to weigh up which things are most important to you.
I'm thinking I might go for Butler Court... (but maybe Bill Mo, Rigg-Rut or Telford), so can anyone tell me what the shared en-suite rooms are like?
Original post by jazzybeckyjam
I'm thinking I might go for Butler Court... (but maybe Bill Mo, Rigg-Rut or Telford), so can anyone tell me what the shared en-suite rooms are like?

I rooms area decent size - so's the en-suite. If you get along with you're room mate you're pretty much set for the year - though it can be a bit awkward at times (my room mate brought his girlfriend up in half term for the week...). Two of my flatmates went to school together (so if one of you're mates is going you can say you wanna be in the same room) - and I know a load of people who're going back into a shared room next year - half the hall committee are IIRC.

Freshers week with Butler was amazing. Something different every night - the committee take you round all the decent clubs in town, get you in free a couple nights in the union and generally though good nights out.

It's a good cheap option if you want an en-suite - I think it's one of the cheapest options available from what I remember (I think only Harry French and Falk Egg are cheaper). Don't worry about the walk to lectures on the other side of campus - 15/20 minutes at most. If you're that worried, bring a bike and it'll at least half that. Towns close (shortcut through the college just across the road).

Also, we have the best common room out of all the university halls - 2 pool tables, 2 football tables (I think), Sky HD, Nintendo Wii + PS3 - but this does mean it's booked out about once a week to other students.

It's a really nice place, if I had a single room (which would be HUGE as it's the same size as a shared room) I'd go back. I just find it awkward sharing a room, and I can't afford the single - but this is just me (don't let me put you off).

Just got vocal advocates of those halls here mostly. Many people prefer to chose what they want to eat everyday, and when they eat. 4 or 5 options within 2hr windows doesn't cut it.
Original post by Wednesday Bass
I rooms area decent size - so's the en-suite. If you get along with you're room mate you're pretty much set for the year - though it can be a bit awkward at times (my room mate brought his girlfriend up in half term for the week...). Two of my flatmates went to school together (so if one of you're mates is going you can say you wanna be in the same room) - and I know a load of people who're going back into a shared room next year - half the hall committee are IIRC.

Freshers week with Butler was amazing. Something different every night - the committee take you round all the decent clubs in town, get you in free a couple nights in the union and generally though good nights out.

It's a good cheap option if you want an en-suite - I think it's one of the cheapest options available from what I remember (I think only Harry French and Falk Egg are cheaper). Don't worry about the walk to lectures on the other side of campus - 15/20 minutes at most. If you're that worried, bring a bike and it'll at least half that. Towns close (shortcut through the college just across the road).

Also, we have the best common room out of all the university halls - 2 pool tables, 2 football tables (I think), Sky HD, Nintendo Wii + PS3 - but this does mean it's booked out about once a week to other students.

It's a really nice place, if I had a single room (which would be HUGE as it's the same size as a shared room) I'd go back. I just find it awkward sharing a room, and I can't afford the single - but this is just me (don't let me put you off).

Thanks ever so much! :smile: I couldn't ask for a better reply.

Yeah, it being a cheap option is one of the main reasons I'm looking at it. I just hope I'd get along with my room mate.

Your post has really helped me out - ta very much.
Original post by jazzybeckyjam
Thanks ever so much! :smile: I couldn't ask for a better reply.

Yeah, it being a cheap option is one of the main reasons I'm looking at it. I just hope I'd get along with my room mate.

Your post has really helped me out - ta very much.

If you don't get along, you can speaker to the warden/sub-warden and they'll try settle any disputes, or failing that, they'll try move you to another room. But the warden's generally good at putting people together.

Latest

Trending

Trending