The Student Room Group

Sheffield Hallam Physio starters 2011

Thought I would just make a thread for people who have firmed Sheffield Hallam for 2011!:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I've firmed my unconditional, so I'll definitely be starting in September, can't wait. You applied for accommodation yet?
Reply 2
Well I have done a foundation year first because of a sudden change of route so I am living in accommodation now!
Reply 3
I've just firmed hallam so I'll be joining you in September :smile:
Reply 4
Ive firmed my unconditional for sheff! i was so nervous and really expected to be rejected after my interviews (i suppose everyone feels theyve done poor though), but now im so excited to start. A little gutted that i will be commuting because already been to uni and lived there so cannot afford to do it again. But i dont live far and am only 23 so will be joining in with all the course nights out etc (thats if we get time for them with all the hard work ahead)
Reply 5
Original post by jonjon61
Ive firmed my unconditional for sheff! i was so nervous and really expected to be rejected after my interviews (i suppose everyone feels theyve done poor though), but now im so excited to start. A little gutted that i will be commuting because already been to uni and lived there so cannot afford to do it again. But i dont live far and am only 23 so will be joining in with all the course nights out etc (thats if we get time for them with all the hard work ahead)

Where are you commuting from? I'm thinking of commuting as I only live in Doncaster, but am leaning towards halls.
Reply 6
Original post by _Mazza_
Where are you commuting from? I'm thinking of commuting as I only live in Doncaster, but am leaning towards halls.

Im commuting from Barnsley. Either by car or train. Ive heard the traffic is pretty mental on a morning between barnsley and sheffield so i may opt for the train. But if i could do halls again i would defo do it. Last time i was at uni i was only at huddersfield but lived in halls and the experience was fantastic, and i thought it was good to be able to go back home at weekends etc with only living so close. If you can afford halls id defo recommend that, ul get the best of both worlds with your home town not being a million miles away
Reply 7
Im commuting from Barnsley. Either by car or train. Ive heard the traffic is pretty mental on a morning between barnsley and sheffield so i may opt for the train. But if i could do halls again i would defo do it. Last time i was at uni i was only at huddersfield but lived in halls and the experience was fantastic, and i thought it was good to be able to go back home at weekends etc with only living so close. If you can afford halls id defo recommend that, ul get the best of both worlds with your home town not being a million miles away

Yeah it'd be the train for me too if I commuted, the traffic along with parking would be a nightmare. I'll probably stay in halls, just need to save up some cash as I think my loan and bursary will probably only stretch to my accommodation costs. Will probably have to commute back at weekends to work if I can't get a job in Sheffield too.
Ive firmed my unconditonal for physio at sheffield hallam!

Applied for Victoria Halls and The Forge...any one else?
Reply 9
Original post by caitlinmcleod

I've picked the same choices for accommodation :smile:
Reply 10

i've put sheffield hallam as my firm choice for physiotherapy with a conditional offer and i've applied to the same accommodation!
Reply 11
also, i'm having a bit of a panic about student finance. are the course tuition fees paid for physiotherapy at hallam?
Reply 12
Fees are paid for yes!

I live in Victoria Hall now and they as easily the best halls for location. I have had such a good time living here the past year and made some great friends! 15 min walk to collegiate campus but it's not bad to say some halls have more of a 25/30 min walk. (The closest accommodation to collegiate campus is catered).

To save money I am moving back in with my parents so I will be travelling to uni too! The friends I made at Victoria Hall are living by collegiate campus next year and they have asked me to stop over once a week so that we keep in touch. That means one morning I can have a slight lie in before running across the road to uni! :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 13
any1 got any clue on what the timetable will be like. I know some unis do physio over 3 full days and then you get 2 days off, which is useful if you need to work alongside your studies. Any1 know if we will get any time off at all through the week bcos i know it is a real intensive course
Reply 14

same! apart from my offer's conditional
Reply 15
any1 got any clue on what the timetable will be like. I know some unis do physio over 3 full days and then you get 2 days off, which is useful if you need to work alongside your studies. Any1 know if we will get any time off at all through the week bcos i know it is a real intensive course

Hi, I am not sure. There is always the talk about how intense the course is but by word of mouth through sports teams I have heard you do actually get time off! Obviously this is not the case when on placement though!
Original post by katiem93
i've put sheffield hallam as my firm choice for physiotherapy with a conditional offer and i've applied to the same accommodation!

oh cool! i hope you get it! :smile: good luck with exams and things!
add me on fb if you want, caitlin mcleod. :smile:
Original post by AnnieC
same! apart from my offer's conditional

Good Luck with exams then! :smile:
Reply 18
I've just finished the second year (not at Sheffield) and it is Mon - Fri 9-5 with Wednesday afternoons off. On placement you have to do 32 hours per week, so there is room for an afternoon off there. I've not heard of any unis doing 3 days in 2 off - not sure how they would do it with all the stuff there is to cover. With regards to work, I have managed to work 10-20 hours per week ontop of study/placement, but be prepared to do nothing but eat, sleep work. Well done on getting in all.
Reply 19
Original post by Ironmike
I've just finished the second year (not at Sheffield) and it is Mon - Fri 9-5 with Wednesday afternoons off. On placement you have to do 32 hours per week, so there is room for an afternoon off there. I've not heard of any unis doing 3 days in 2 off - not sure how they would do it with all the stuff there is to cover. With regards to work, I have managed to work 10-20 hours per week ontop of study/placement, but be prepared to do nothing but eat, sleep work. Well done on getting in all.

Thanks Mike. Bradford told me on interview they did 3 full days and had 2 days off. Im preparing myself for being in 5 days though as this seems to be a unique case which offers only 3 days, at with reading everyones comments at how intense it is i imagine it doesnt prepare you aswel as the uni's doing 5 days.

Quick Reply

Latest