Original post by tinycrazybug
anyone happen to be attending the english open day on the 17th of may? :]

Me! :biggrin:
Original post by skyja
:colone:

i'll take that both ways :wink: :ninja:
Original post by ChancedTravels
Me! :biggrin:

oh good, was worried no one would be going.. seeing as there have been three already. :biggrin: WOO
Reply 125
Original post by blush.ox
i'll take that both ways :wink: :ninja:

(:
have you applied for accommodation yet?
Original post by skyja
(:
have you applied for accommodation yet?

nope i wont be needing accomodation, not planning on moving out yet :yep: what about you?
Original post by tinycrazybug
oh good, was worried no one would be going.. seeing as there have been three already. :biggrin: WOO

Same - sorta thought it would just be chilling alone with Padraig :P
Reply 128
Hi, I just firmed a place for BA design course, very excited. Have to keep on checking ucas every couple of days to make sure still true. Anyone else doing this course?

Not sure what to do about halls, thinking I'm going to want an ensuite, so probably Loring or whatever the I can't remember the names of are..
(edited 12 years ago)
Totally forgot TSR existed aha. I'm firmed for English with Creative Writing - so excited to get an offer, Goldsmiths was the only uni I liked and this was the perrrrfect course. Anyone else put Surrey House Annex as their first choice accomodation?

Also, an advice question: the day teaching starts at Goldsmiths is the 3rd of October, which is the day before my best friends' 19th and the night of a massive gig one of our favourite bands is playing in central London. Questioning as to whether I should committ to tickets - on one hand, it would be an amazing night especially as because I am leaving for uni I obviously won't get much time around my best friend anymore (and we're really. bloody. close.), but on the other I really wouldn't want to jeopardise the first week of teaching. I'm not saying I'd skip lectures or anything the morning after, I just worry I might be tired when I really really want to make the most of the new experience. Should I get a ticket?
Reply 130
Original post by ClaudiaGrace
. Should I get a ticket?

Get a ticket.
It's the first week, I'm sure it's going to still be introductions and all that jazz.
Just make sure you're in class the next day I guess?
I doubt they'll be doing anything intense in the first few days anyway.
I'm on the integrated Media and Communications degree! I'm excited but scared, as I've been out of education for twelve years ... it's going to be an experience! Applied for Chesterman, which I hope I get as I'm a type who likes their sleep etc ;-)
Original post by twist.the.illusion
THAT BLOODY YOUTH!!!

It's not that I mind being with all people fresh out of school, but it would be nice to at least have one person around my age so we can help one another out when it comes to taking long afternoon naps, going to bingo and collecting irrelevant things

:biggrin: This made me chuckle muchly! I'm much the same.
Psychology :biggrin:
I just hope I get the grades.
Reply 134
Original post by blush.ox
nope i wont be needing accomodation, not planning on moving out yet :yep: what about you?

That's nice having that possibility (: I'm moving from abroad so I yes, hopefully will get Chesterman house.

Original post by gobananas
Psychology :biggrin:
I just hope I get the grades.

And another one, hi :biggrin:
Good luck with getting the grades!
hey there!
i still need to apply for accomodation (got my offer mere days ago)...
so just to sum up, what are the best choices for postgrads/master's students again? i got a bit lost reading the whole thread :tongue:
i'm 24 and coming from abroad!
Reply 136
Original post by pacificeyes
hey there!
i still need to apply for accomodation (got my offer mere days ago)...
so just to sum up, what are the best choices for postgrads/master's students again? i got a bit lost reading the whole thread :tongue:
i'm 24 and coming from abroad!

I believe that Dean house is the most popular amongst postgrad/master students. Chesterman house seems to be the most popular amongst mature students but I am however not sure whether master/postgrad students can apply there aswell.
They have quite nice info about all this on the homepage too (:
Reply 137
I received an unconditional offer for BA History. I firmed it a while back but just wanted to make it official now on the TSR :smile: I noticed that there is only one other person listed on this thread doing History. Surely there are more?
Reply 138
Original post by BeBop
I received an unconditional offer for BA History. I firmed it a while back but just wanted to make it official now on the TSR :smile: I noticed that there is only one other person listed on this thread doing History. Surely there are more?

Added you on the list as well (:
And yes, surely there are more but I noticed that in general there are very few Goldsmithers on this forum.
Reply 139
Conditional for English Literature BA. For AAB at advanced higher :/ anyone else chosen loring halls? I haven't heard of anyone!
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply