The Student Room Group

Psychology A Unit 3 AQA - 17th June 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheRockMaster
I have a good feeling that evolution might come up but there is no logic just hope :smile:
Maintenance and dissolution have a good chance as formation already came up in Jan, although ther are randomly selected I donbt think that they will put in two same topics in the same year.

Is evolution parental investment/ human reproductive behaviour and sexual selection?

I'd be ok with that... but if there's a question on the influence of childhood and adolescent experiences on relationship i think i'll just sit there and cry!
Original post by tomandsnow2
Has anyone got any notes/essays on gender ? It would be really helpful :biggrin:

Psych-Exchange has quite a lot of material in the form of work sheets, powerpoints etc.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by kittyminkyx
Is evolution parental investment/ human reproductive behaviour and sexual selection?

I'd be ok with that... but if there's a question on the influence of childhood and adolescent experiences on relationship i think i'll just sit there and cry!

Yeah thats what the evolution one is :smile:
And I think i might join in with you if that came up, purely because of the amount of things to know.......:frown:#
Well anyway good luck

Well anyway good luck

You too! :smile:
Anyone got any idea as to what will come up for Eating behaviour, Bio rythyms/sleep and aggression? The questions were so nice in January, but silly old me didn't revise and got an awful grade :frown: Fingers crossed for good questions this june!
quick question:
it says that only unit 3 and section B from unit 4 awards marks of issues, debates and approachs with unit 4 section A not awarding these marks. What does this actually mean? Does it mean that when i answer my question on schizophrenia i cant bring alternative aprroachs or summin...? Plus what does it actually mean by issue, debates and approachs - i think i kno but jus wnna b certian. Also if a qestion asks u to explain is that refering to A01, Ao2 or A03???

also it says that nxt yr the spec is changing n they are gunna remove androgeny, eisenberg prosocial, low self esteem in addiction - do you think this wll increase or decrease the chances of questions on this section of the topic comin up this june??/
Original post by liamcol123
Anyone got any idea as to what will come up for Eating behaviour, Bio rythyms/sleep and aggression? The questions were so nice in January, but silly old me didn't revise and got an awful grade :frown: Fingers crossed for good questions this june!

Agreed.....It seems as if the universe is against me, that when I go into an exam and get a good question, I forget everything!

I hope eating behaviour is something like biological explanations of one eating disorder, and for bio/sleep I hope its on ummmm dont mind really :smile:
:smile:
Reply 147
Hmmm quick question, for the 25 markers would you generally go for 3 AO1 points and 4 AO2 points?
Agreed.....It seems as if the universe is against me, that when I go into an exam and get a good question, I forget everything!

I hope eating behaviour is something like biological explanations of one eating disorder, and for bio/sleep I hope its on ummmm dont mind really :smile:
:smile:

Eating behaviour is by far my weakest point, but yeah the disorders are fairly easy, all straightfoward, its the attitudes, and dieting ones that get me :angry:

For bio rythyms, I'd like the restoration/evolutionary explanations to come up, they're ok....
Hey guys!
I'm doing aggression, eating behaviour, and relationships.

We've been predicted:
Aggression: Group Display, Neural&Hormonal, and Social Psychological
Relationships: Dissolution, Influence of childhood and adolescent experiences, and i would learn the parental investment/sexual strategies ish.
Eating behaviours: Evolutionary of food prefs, Biological of eating disorder, Psychological of Eating Disorders.

Is anyone going to learn them all? or think anything different is going to come up?

xxx
Original post by GetCrunkedUp
Hey guys!

We've been predicted:
Relationships: Dissolution, Influence of childhood and adolescent experiences, and i would learn the parental investment/sexual strategies ish.
Eating behaviours: Evolutionary of food prefs, Biological of eating disorder, Psychological of Eating Disorders.

Is anyone going to learn them all? or think anything different is going to come up?

xxx

That aggression prediction does not look nice at alllllll :frown: How have you guessed all these?
Hey guys!

We've been predicted:

xxx

i'm pretty sure group displays is coming up for aggression. haven't seen that anywhere on past papers. would be surprised if social psychology came up for it though. they had a question on that last year.
Reply 152
reckon il be able to memorise 24 pages in 10days?
Original post by liamcol123
That aggression prediction does not look nice at alllllll :frown: How have you guessed all these?

They're actually super nice.
I've looked at all the past papers, and they're the ones that are left. Plus my teachers gave us the same ones i predicted myself, i'm pretty sure one of those will be in the paper =)
Original post by safwaansh
i'm pretty sure group displays is coming up for aggression. haven't seen that anywhere on past papers. would be surprised if social psychology came up for it though. they had a question on that last year.

Yeah i'm sure one of them at least, i cant see it being anything else, unless they want to be super mean and give us something that's already come up since it's quite easy to guess that group displays is the only one that hasn't haha. Mean!
Original post by rooney9
reckon il be able to memorise 24 pages in 10days?

Why do you need to memorise 24? LOL
Reply 156
Why do you need to memorise 24? LOL

ther all my notes for unit 2 :/?
Yeah i'm sure one of them at least, i cant see it being anything else, unless they want to be super mean and give us something that's already come up since it's quite easy to guess that group displays is the only one that hasn't haha. Mean!

that would be very mean! i have serious issues with how long these exams are. i can't do 25 mark essays in 30 minutes.
Original post by rooney9
ther all my notes for unit 2 :/?

Oh my bad, sorry! Thought you were doing A2...
Original post by safwaansh
that would be very mean! i have serious issues with how long these exams are. i can't do 25 mark essays in 30 minutes.

I know right! Are you going to learn them all then?
You should time yourself doing practice ones, and keep doing them till you feel happy enough that you don't need to take time in thinking what you're going to write =))

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending