The Student Room Group

Woodhouse college!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by the don
TBH, it doesn't really matter if the teachers are amazing or horrific, everyone who gets biology has to be very intelligent and thus, it doesn't really matter...

My teacher complained that WH wasn't accepting good enough biologist lol
Reply 341
Original post by ??????????????????
My teacher complained that WH wasn't accepting good enough biologist lol

Biologists you mean? well either your like a Woodhouse reject or your blaming them for your terrible exam results...
Btw im not biased as i will probably reject my place there.
Original post by the don
Biologists you mean? well either your like a Woodhouse reject or your blaming them for your terrible exam results...

I haven't even got my results, heck haven't even done my unit 2 yet. Also, unit 1 was easy so I am neither a woodhouse reject or blaming them for anything. They aren't that good at biology. Results show it as well if you actually looked at tables. If you ask anyone who does biology, you will get the same answer. There is one good biology teacher.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 343
Original post by the don

St Micheals work your for you? i've heard a lot of SEXY girls go there? and its like 10 guys in the whole year? wish i knew about it sooner... would have SOOO applied
Reply 344
I haven't even got my results, heck haven't even done my unit 2 yet. Also, unit 1 was easy. If you ask anyone who does biology, you will get the same answer. There is one good biology teacher.

If unit 1 was "easy", then why are you complaining...
the fact that you founf it easy proves my point about how everyone who gets to do bio there is intelligent or that the teachers must be doing something right...
Original post by the don
the fact that you founf it easy proves my point about how everyone who gets to do bio there is intelligent or that the teachers must be doing something right...

Or perhaps. JUST perhaps. Unit 1 is the step up from GCSE? Doesn't prove your point. One person finding it easy doesn't represent the rest of the student? If some students find it easy doesn't make the teachers excellent?
Reply 346
Original post by N_young
St Micheals work your for you? i've heard a lot of SEXY girls go there? and its like 10 guys in the whole year? wish i knew about it sooner... would have SOOO applied

Yeah haha, 12:1 ratio lol, yeah i got an offer :biggrin: hows the Woodhouse thing looking for you? are you excited about going there?
Reapply to latymer as many of us are rejecting our places to go to St Michaels and some girls are rejecting their places to go to HBS or St Michaels :smile:
Woodhouse is definitely not overrated. Best two years of my life.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.
Original post by the don

Teachers are there to motivate you, they don't necessarily teach or if they do most don't do it well. Obviously every school always has that one amazing teacher. Most science subjects can be tackled by learning the correct exam technique, which is self-taught.
Reply 349
Or perhaps. JUST perhaps. Unit 1 is the step up from GCSE? Doesn't prove your point. One person finding it easy doesn't represent the rest of the student? If some students find it easy doesn't make the teachers excellent?

TBH ii couldn't care less, its not like im taking it, but i still am not convinced...
Woodhouse is a great state college and the biology results seem to be good, so they must be doing something right...
Reply 350
Original post by the don
Yeah haha, 12:1 ratio lol, yeah i got an offer :biggrin: hows the Woodhouse thing looking for you? are you excited about going there?
Reapply to latymer as many of us are rejecting our places to go to St Michaels and some girls are rejecting their places to go to HBS or St Michaels :smile:

You lucky git... i got rejected from Latymer, didnt even hear about St Michaels... man 12:1 sounds good, congrats on the offer bro, I hope you do well, im pretty sure that with your grades and education is Oxbridge or LSE? Whats the plan for the future?

Woodhouse, yeah im pretty happy to get there, true it wont be as good an education as yours but I think i can still do well enough in life with it? its A levels after all, they mostly have the same value everywhere

Good Luck, keep in touch
Original post by the don
TBH ii couldn't care less, its not like im taking it, but i still am not convinced...
Woodhouse is a great state college and the biology results seem to be good, so they must be doing something right...

Not saying Woodhouse isn't good. If you look at the exam results you'd see biology is the 4th lowest A*-B and 3rd lowest pass rate.
Original post by KwamiOdoom
Woodhouse is definitely not overrated. Best two years of my life.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.

^^ man has TB
Original post by Iqbal007
^^ man has TB

I was cleared! My arm swelling up was a rumour!

You know this Iqbal :frown:
Original post by KwamiOdoom
I was cleared! My arm swelling up was a rumour!

You know this Iqbal :frown:

lol im jokin we r all clear
Reply 355
Original post by nerdfighter28
I sent my waiting list letter, but it was a day or two late :/

I phoned up to check that it'd been recieved and I also sent them an email to confirm it again.
Original post by Coleshill
I phoned up to check that it'd been recieved and I also sent them an email to confirm it again.

Yeah, I emailed them-they got it :smile:
Hey, i also got an offer from Woodhouse :smile: but chosen to go elsewhere, however, it appears so be a laid back and friendly atmosphere :smile:
Reply 358
Original post by Mike Hunt is nice
Hey, i also got an offer from Woodhouse :smile: but chosen to go elsewhere, however, it appears so be a laid back and friendly atmosphere :smile:

You're lucky to have that choice.

Does anybody know how many people got waiting-listed?
Original post by Coleshill
You're lucky to have that choice.

Does anybody know how many people got waiting-listed?

Well, at my interview the lady said that there were 4500 applicants this year- yes i know that's alot, there are 550 places, so around 700 offers are given out and then 2000 are waitlisted.

Im not even lying. But theres still a good chance that people waitlisted will get a place :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending