The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Accomodation at Imperial

Scroll to see replies

Original post by your_mums_a_ucas
You should use your computing expertise to create an algorithm based on the criteria you have and the restrictions you've pointed out.
Brap.

How do you know I didn't? I'm going to Imperial after all!:cool:
(edited 12 years ago)
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by arianex
Good on you. You should've seen the barrage of "HOMG [IT'S 0000 HOURS ON MAY THE FIRST AND] I HAS NO APPLICATION EMAIL YOU GUISE"-ish posts we've been getting here...

...which is why "don't panic" is a reflex for any post we see resembling that nowadays.

(Of course, not knowing your tone of voice over the net does make it harder for us all to tell whether you're just stating a fact or "panicking".)

PS// On that note, got mine today! :biggrin: Nice "welcome back" present after TWO HOURS of isolation before my D1 paper, just because my school couldn't be bothered to administer S1 and D1 at the same time. ><

I wasn't panicking either, I was just curious about when they were/are going to be sent out because I changed my firm to Imperial after already firming a different uni and was wondering if Imperial had registered my change etc...! :biggrin:
anyway . after all the misunderstanding is over.

from now i will use p-faces and etc to express my voice tone :P
Reply 623
Original post by James_M1992
I wasn't panicking either, I was just curious about when they were/are going to be sent out because I changed my firm to Imperial after already firming a different uni and was wondering if Imperial had registered my change etc...! :biggrin:

Ah, understandable. :smile:
I find the best way around things like these is to do a follow up of some sort, be it via email or a phone call so you can get your Qs answered. They really don't bite. :biggrin: What was your original firm?

Original post by nick_the_big
anyway . after all the misunderstanding is over.

from now i will use p-faces and etc to express my voice tone :P

This I approve of. ^_^ -chuckle-

HEADS UP// As of this moment people are still waiting - I know a fair few on Facebook (conditional offer-holders) who are twiddling their thumbs. It really is a batch-email thing, and one of the seniors did say that it was the case last year, and the year before...So go on, enjoy the weekend. It'll come in time. :smile:
Original post by arianex
Ah, understandable. :smile:
I find the best way around things like these is to do a follow up of some sort, be it via email or a phone call so you can get your Qs answered. They really don't bite. :biggrin: What was your original firm?

Um, orignally Bath, but had a change of heart a week after clicking that submit button on UCAS! ::eek:
Reply 625
Original post by James_M1992
Um, orignally Bath, but had a change of heart a week after clicking that submit button on UCAS! ::eek:

Both are good unis - I know Bath's gorge for those who intend to partake in the mega-amount of sport that goes on there, as the facilities are just awesome.

Spoiler

Why'd you change, then?
Reply 626
Just applied for my accomodation! Suddenly October doesnt feel like that far away!
Reply 627
Just got an e-mail about accommodation. Thinking about going for the cheapest, ie pembridge. Has anyone got any idea what it is like and how long it takes to get to other uni buildings? Is any one who is applying for medicine also thinking about pembridge?:smile:
Reply 628
Original post by zoz19
Just got an e-mail about accommodation. Thinking about going for the cheapest, ie pembridge. Has anyone got any idea what it is like and how long it takes to get to other uni buildings? Is any one who is applying for medicine also thinking about pembridge?:smile:

From what I've heard, it takes about 30-40mins walking from Pembridge to the uni. It seems ok. It's in a nice location. Massive kitchens, each shared by about 45 people I think? You might want to check out Fisher as they are cheap too.
Reply 629
Original post by zoz19

You'll find that Fisher and Wilson are the cheapest, actually...but well, Pembridge *is* in Notting Hill Gate, so a lovely place/neighbourhood all around :biggrin: Bus and transport links are great in the event you don't feel like walking; but walks to/from school can be anywhere from 20+mins to 45 mins (the latter is if the parks and such are shut.)

Not a medic, I'm a "distant relation" (Biomed Eng) but also loving the look of the place. :smile:
Original post by zoz19

Pembridge is an awesome halls, was there for my first year - there's two massive kitchens shared between 80 people so they become your place of everything except work.

The warden's a bit of an ******** as he somehow thinks that it's suitable to raise his 2 year old daughter in a house of 80 students, but apart from him it's great.
Original post by sunspoon

The warden's a bit of an ******** as he somehow thinks that it's suitable to raise his 2 year old daughter in a house of 80 students, but apart from him it's great.

:rofl:
LMFAOROFLLOL.
+rep.
Not being funny but why do wardens live in halls with their whole entourage? :confused:
So I've activated my account and everything but haven't filled in my form yet...

...mainly because I think I'll jinx it/I know I'm probably not going to go anyway...

:s-smilie:
Reply 633
Pembridge is an awesome halls, was there for my first year - there's two massive kitchens shared between 80 people so they become your place of everything except work.

LMFAOROFLLOL.
+rep.
Not being funny but why do wardens live in halls with their whole entourage? :confused:

Meh, I won't have a problem with that at all, having lived in a boarding house where the houseparents - husband and wife - have two female toddlers around. :smile: The last set of houseparents we had here had 3 kids, one starting senior, one midway in junior, and one just starting junior school.

I suppose in a way, wardens are like houseparents in boarding schools - though I'm only referring to the head (and maybe assistant) wardens though. Most of them are a lot older (well, you want someone older to provide pastoral care, etc) and have probably settled down with families, hence why they've got an "entourage" of sorts in tow. (That's not all of the halls, though, some of them have wardens who are single. :biggrin:)

The postgrad students in halls are officially "subwardens", but I'm aware they do get lumped in to the "Wardens" category anyway. :tongue:

Marko was actually a very good warden. What didn't you like about him?
Original post by slylion1
Marko was actually a very good warden. What didn't you like about him?

You are Marko, aren't you? :teehee:
Reply 636
You are Marko, aren't you? :teehee:

Probably.
Original post by crazylemon
Yeah I am a wearer but I wear dailies (an am so pro/stupid I put them in and take the out miles from a sink :p:)

Social wise first year for me was alot of fun, I had a drunken haze in first term certainly and the next to terms were pretty much the same with minor toning down. This year I rarely go out on the lash so to speak (only been wasted 3 times, very proud.) and it does get more serious. Compared to other unis possibly less people are up for it then elsewhere (we have team china which sit in their rooms playinf wow/working) but you will find people if you are that way inclined. As for the gym I think I used it 4 times last year (you are asking the wrong guy, I went with 3 other girl friends and we all had fun epic failing with the bench press :biggrin:) but I did use the pool (now as I am based in charing cross hospital I havent been :frown:.

As for the muscly people, there are mirrors so they can be distracted with their own reflection :p:

I'm so excited about going now! :biggrin: all your posts have made me so hyped. Let's hope I meet my offer conditions :tongue:
Original post by zoz19

When did you get an email if you don't mind me asking? They are my firm conditional offer and I still haven't had one...
Reply 639
Original post by VickyThomas
When did you get an email if you don't mind me asking? They are my firm conditional offer and I still haven't had one...

They've been sending them in batches - for instance, Dark-Myth got his about a day or two before I did, and we're both conditional firms.
I wouldn't worry about it, though if you're still concerned, ring them up if you haven't gotten anything by the end of this week. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending