The Student Room Group

Psychology A Unit 3 AQA - 17th June 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
how much would you write for a 12 marker and what would you include
Original post by GetCrunkedUp
I know right! Are you going to learn them all then?
You should time yourself doing practice ones, and keep doing them till you feel happy enough that you don't need to take time in thinking what you're going to write =))

i'm going to learn them all but focus more on ones that haven't come up yet.
Original post by rooney9
how much would you write for a 12 marker and what would you include

depends if its 4+8 or 6+6 etc, But i would say a page - assuming you don't have HUGE handwriting and you do not wafflle.

EDIT: just realised you are asking about unit 2
this is a unit 3 thread
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 163
i know :smile:
I have unit 2 resit AND unit 3, such a pain.

I am stuck here, I made some powerpoints on unit 3, I have memorised them all (pretty much word for word)
NOW WHAT DO I DO!
Original post by passpsychology
Have you tried passpsychology.co.uk?

please go away,
Reply 166
Original post by Jess6893
I'm retaking this, as I got 63 UMS (C) in January and I was predicted an A :frown:
Dreading it though, I've got a french exam that day as well which is 2 and a half hours long in the afternoon so I'm gonna be at college until 5:30 or something :P

I'm doing;
-Biorhythms & Sleep

dread dread dread :frown:

I've also got French for 2 1/2 hours in the afternoon and this psychology exam too :frown: Not looking forward to it.
Reply 167
Original post by antipesto93
please go away,

make me!:smile:
Lool i was talking to the spammer :biggrin:
I have unit 2 resit AND unit 3, such a pain.

I am stuck here, I made some powerpoints on unit 3, I have memorised them all (pretty much word for word)
NOW WHAT DO I DO!

Lol, done the same as you, although still have a bit of unit 3 resit revision and research methods to go over. But I think all you can do now is hope it stays in there....:wink:
May not be the thread for unit 4, but I would like to say....how on earth does anyone who has no biological background understand the biological factors underlying anomalistic experience.

I mean just reading the thing about temporal lobe hypothesis is giving me the goosebumps...well let's get back to work.
Original post by TheRockMaster
May not be the thread for unit 4, but I would like to say....how on earth does anyone who has no biological background understand the biological factors underlying anomalistic experience.

I mean just reading the thing about temporal lobe hypothesis is giving me the goosebumps...well let's get back to work.

my teacher told us to make things up for 'underlying factors'
Original post by safwaansh
my teacher told us to make things up for 'underlying factors'

Good point :smile:
I had to do that for unit 1 and 2 lol. Could not remember studies so made it up.
Just too much to learn damn it!
Need to get 80 UMS in both the exams to get a B overall.....not fun at all :frown:
Reply 173
Lool i was talking to the spammer :biggrin:

lool :wink:
Reply 174
how many raw marks is 77 ums marks
Original post by rooney9
how many raw marks is 77 ums marks

It changes each exam session, youu can look on the aqa website here to work out raw/ums, just search in google aqa raw to ums & click 2nd option. It should tell you there :smile:
anyone who's doing aggression, do you have any IDA for institutional aggression? The only ao2 i have is supporting studies :/
Reply 177
Original post by kittyminkyx
anyone who's doing aggression, do you have any IDA for institutional aggression? The only ao2 i have is supporting studies :/

Not sure what you meant by IDA but in terms of A02 I believe there is quite a bit. Firstly you can talk of the implications of the research particulary with the deprivation model. If the claims made by the deprivation model stay true, they can offer valuable implications for improving aggression in prisons. However the importation model can be criticized by the fact that it offers no solution to the problem of aggresion in prison.

Cultural bias is also evident in my opinion, as nearly all of the research has focused on American prison systems, and the extent to which we can generalise the results from this to other countries, as prisons are part of every country in the world, is worth considering. Does our individualistic/materalistic life style make an impact on institutional aggresion as perhaps compared to a collectivist culture?

Gender bias also comes into it. You can mention how some of the institutional violence, in particular hazing comes as a result of social stigma's of the sexes, such that men have to be "tough". This idea of "toughness" and "proving your manhood" could lead to hazing and instiutional aggresion due to the social stigmas being present.

In regards to Importation model, it is also very different to determine what aspect of the aggresion is nature vs nurture, as both are so entangled and it would be highly unethical to send someone to jail to test the hypothesis.

Much of the research into this form of "aggresion" comes from self report typically done by inmates. Self report obviously has several methodological issues the chief of these being social desirability, but also the ppt's used for this represents a very small population, and therefore the extent to which this can be generalised can be called into question

Could also criticize how neither the importation model nor deprivation model adequalitly explain institional aggresion, but instead it may be better to look at a combination of both of them.

Hope that helps!
Original post by kittyminkyx

a piece of IDA can be the 'alternative' explanation of institutionalised aggression which is Deindividuation.

if you do the situational model you can say how many people who go to prison do not actually turn aggressive

it is possible that the explanations are culture - specific

you can also discuss conformity (Wanting to fit in - see research by Martin and hammer on american fraternaties)

oh and the studies use self report so many people may claim to be more aggressive to sound more macho
Reply 179
I'm doing Aggression, Gender and Eating Behaviours. Learnt Aggression, semi-learnt Eating and have no hope for Gender! :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending