The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alex_hk90
Well played to Peterborough - they just seemed to want it more than us tonight.

I'll put my rather dry humour aside and simply say good game. Hey, you may not be the most likeable club in the world but you sure do make these games interesting and tasty for us supporters. Win or lose, it's games like yesterday evening that make football fantastic. The build up, the pressure, the horribly tense and anxious last moments. It all adds up to a great footballing experience.
Not strictly "Football League," but is the Conference play-off final being broadcast anywhere today? Bit of a joke if it's not.
Original post by scriggy
Not strictly "Football League," but is the Conference play-off final being broadcast anywhere today? Bit of a joke if it's not.

It's being broadcast by Premier Sport, which is a company based in Luxembourg but has a channel on Sky - 433 I think?
Original post by scriggy

Setanta Ireland apparently.
Original post by alex_hk90
x

Original post by marcusmerehay
x

Cheers guys. Didn't even realise I had Premier Sport... That's my afternoon sorted.

EDIT: Just watched all the build up to it, they were just about to kick off and then the coverage cut-out and presented the message "Call the broadcaster to upgrade your subscription to receive this channel." ****'s. Why let me watch the build up and not the match?! :cry2:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by scriggy
I thought he had dived, so I guess it was justice to an extent, but to pull it back for a Peterborough free kick was ridiculous.

Anyway congrats to Peterborough, I can't stand MK Dons. It's shaping up to be a good final next weekend.

Just a shame Peterborough is getting rid of their terrace. I'm glad McFranchise didn't come up. Another boring ground and really cannot stand them. I really hope AFC and MK play sometime, it is inevitable and I CANNOT WAIT!!!
Original post by Father Ted
I really hope AFC and MK play sometime, it is inevitable and I CANNOT WAIT!!!

Only 1 division apart now...
Least there is a chance they can be matched in the League Cup and Johnstone's Paint Trophy
I can;t believe Forest didn't do it again :frown: still have to say the game between Huddersfield and Bournemouth was amazing. Special mention has gotta go to Wimbledon though as well.
Two Championship teams in Europe next season, potentially...
Original post by elli_emc
Two Championship teams in Europe next season, potentially...

Only the one. Fulham got the UEFA fair play place ahead of Blackpool.
Original post by Father Ted
Only the one. Fulham got the UEFA fair play place ahead of Blackpool.

So they did, I heard that Gera's red card dropped Fulham a place, but in the rankings it seems that Blackpool were 0.1 point behind Fulham. Tight.
Wow Danny Wilson for Sheffield United..bet our resident Blade isn't too pleased!
Original post by Tricky_Tree
Wow Danny Wilson for Sheffield United..bet our resident Blade isn't too pleased!

Not even going to go there! :mad:

So one success and that was at Barnsley...how many years ago! Too bloody many to count now.
Hmm, I actually cannot believe we have appointed the guy. I've not got the hatred for Wilson like some have (some fans were at the press conference showing their feelings about the appointment) but his managerial career is so average.
Connections with Wednesday don't bother me at all usually but I hear he said something bad about us years ago. For this reason alone, we shouldn't be employing him. :rolleyes:

Help!!!
Reply 6114
I'm going to playoff final :smile: Cmon Reading.
Reply 6115
Noo. Come on Swansea! Lush Accents, Lush Country and totally deserve this shot at the premier league

torquay, peterborough and swansea to go up i hope.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by ipswichblade
Not even going to go there! :mad:

So one success and that was at Barnsley...how many years ago! Too bloody many to count now.
Hmm, I actually cannot believe we have appointed the guy. I've not got the hatred for Wilson like some have (some fans were at the press conference showing their feelings about the appointment) but his managerial career is so average.
Connections with Wednesday don't bother me at all usually but I hear he said something bad about us years ago. For this reason alone, we shouldn't be employing him. :rolleyes:

Help!!!

It is just a really poor appointment, bet you would have wanted Di Matteo now hey?! :wink:
Original post by Tricky_Tree
It is just a really poor appointment, bet you would have wanted Di Matteo now hey?! :wink:

I wouldn't have minded him or Robins. Ah well, not going to change anything now...just got to get behind whatever the team is come August.

We have turned down a bid from Fulham for Slew today. We must keep him but he will go during the summer, I am sure of it. :mad:
Original post by sr90
As long as Hudders go up from League One, i'm not fussed about the others. Unbeaten in 2011, 89 points, best team by a country mile to come to the WHCS. Plus i don't see Posh being a threat next season, whereas Hudders will piss the league if they're still here.

Damn, that's a horrible appointment. Everyone will raise their game against the Blades, and the fans are already on his back. Can't see him lasting the season. He's not exactly handled pressure well at other clubs.

His record in League One is **** too. Admittedly Swindon did well in 09/10, but he certainly had a role to play in ****ing things up for them last summer. Brought in a load of duds (Prutton, Dossevi etc) to replace the likes of Paynter and Greer, Cox was only replaced through luck the previous season.

Yep, but these protests that have taken place will not do anyone any good or make any difference. Just got to get on with it! :rolleyes:
Original post by ipswichblade
Yep, but these protests that have taken place will not do anyone any good or make any difference. Just got to get on with it! :rolleyes:

You should have just kept Micky Adams!!!

A manager who knows how to get out of divisions, works well on tight budgets, he'd know which players are no longer needed, etc. and he's a Blades fan!

The damage was done long before Micky and I remember when I went to Bramall Lane this season (Im a Leicester fan), you completely hammered us and we still won 1-0 - everyone was completely gobsmacked.

Latest