The Student Room Group

Anyone got a letter from St Dominics Sixth Form College?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bambi :)
I only went for English yesterday, it was alright, nothing AMAZING but I kind of expected it. How was the one today?

The one I did today was Maths. It was good but most of the stuff I already knew, what was useful though was the past papers we were given.

Why is it that you only did one day? and is your school in the harrow collegiate thing?
Original post by Princess_Shaz
Awwh, thanks your words are so reassuring :biggrin: Yep, Woodhouse was my first choice but I guess I'll be OK at Grey Coats. Well done for getting into St Dominics!!! I hear it's a really good college :smile: One of my friend's cousins just graduated from there, and from what she said, it seems like she loved it there...:biggrin: I've been good thanks, how about you hun? xxxxx

*Bows down...because she sees a donut on the floor* Who left this poor donut on the floor?! :tongue: How are you? xxxx

This exam stress is killing me :frown: I have 25 exams in the summer, how about you guys? And don't stress too much about English, just make sure you compare the poems in a format similar to this one: Introduction, content, structure, language and then the conclusion. Oh, and if your coursework is good, it will really bump your grade up :smile: xx

LOL xD
Good, good, awaiting WH reply. I haven't revised because my Grandmother died (great timing gran :P), I will hopefully start soon :/
ah, poor bunny :smile: Why do you have so many exams? And how's revision going?
Hi, My mate got an offer letter from St Doms. They want him to make a donation for £150 with the first amount to be sent the acceptance letter. This is for £50 which he doesn't want to pay until he knows for deffo that he is going. What should he do? Is this going to affect his place if he doesn't cough up?
Reply 43
Original post by Simonthegreat
Hi, My mate got an offer letter from St Doms. They want him to make a donation for £150 with the first amount to be sent the acceptance letter. This is for £50 which he doesn't want to pay until he knows for deffo that he is going. What should he do? Is this going to affect his place if he doesn't cough up?

If you don't send the signed blue paper and 50 pounds by the 27th of April (I think?) they assume you don't want the place, since they ask you to send off both if you wish to accept the place.
Reply 44
Original post by Obscenedilemma
The one I did today was Maths. It was good but most of the stuff I already knew, what was useful though was the past papers we were given.

Why is it that you only did one day? and is your school in the harrow collegiate thing?

I think it's because only the English teacher was interested in it :\ I didn't find it that great but I did get a few good tips. It was pretty hard core work since they'd specially designed it for A/A*. Did you do the English? And yeah my school is.
Reply 45
Original post by nerdfighter28
LOL xD
Good, good, awaiting WH reply. I haven't revised because my Grandmother died (great timing gran :P), I will hopefully start soon :/

Aaww man I'm so sorry! Hope you're okay :frown: PM me when you get a chance! xxxxx
Reply 46
Original post by woohooo
it's not my first choice either realy, doms was but ahh! i think ill still go with doms, oo the condition was 6.0

Woodhouse condition was 6.0? Whaaat? o.0 That's like a B I swear o.0
I was actually really set on Woodhouse during application time but then I read from previous students here that it's not all that and they put a lot of pressure on the students. Plus with the time travel and all the work, I'd hardly get any socializing/sleep time :\ St Doms FTW for meeee:smile: Had any more thoughts?:smile:
If you don't send the signed blue paper and 50 pounds by the 27th of April (I think?) they assume you don't want the place, since they ask you to send off both if you wish to accept the place.

Hi,

If I sent off the form without the donation will I still get the place until I can confirm when my results come through. Anyways, isn't a donation exactly that a choice?
Reply 48
Original post by Simonthegreat
Hi,

If I sent off the form without the donation will I still get the place until I can confirm when my results come through. Anyways, isn't a donation exactly that a choice?

Not meaning to sound pessimistic, but I think they probably assumed you don't want the place despite you having sent of the signed paper. They wanted the donation too for the place I think. I know it's weird, it's like a compulsory donation but if I recall they said something like if you wish to accept your offer please sign and donate blah blah. I guess you could send it off separately with a note? o.0
Original post by nerdfighter28
LOL xD

Hey, I just saw this now. Awwh, I'm really sorry to hear that hun :frown: If you want to talk, feel free to PM me anytime :smile: Don't worry, I'm sure you'll do well even if you start revising late :wink:
Ahaha, the scary thing is I don't even know why I have so many exams! I'm guessing it's the triple science and LOADS of re-takes :tongue: I' haven't started revising yet, but hopefully starting tomorrow :tongue: x
Been put on the waiting list for St. Doms :/
I dunno when ill hear from them but ive got a place at Woodhouse College which im most probs going go to :smile:

Anyone else thinking of going Woodhouse??
Reply 51
Haha yup! I got an interview at Woodhouse but haven't heard anything since :\ It's waaaay tooo faaaar for me lol :tongue: I don't really want to go HBS since it's so far and no-one I know is going, plus I've heard some pretty negative things from people who've been there. Though that's just opinion, I've heard things a few too many times. In a way I want to go since it's like the best in the country and they get a lot of people into Oxbridge etc but it's a matter of whether I could put up with the travel and just the school there lol :tongue:

Are you in the collegiate for St Dominics? :smile:

You will regret going to HBS i've been expelled from that school since january
that place is a dump
Reply 52
Ahhh well done guys naa bambi i never got in buh i payed 5 too keep my app in i i get grades i think i can styl get a place x
Original post by Shivani513
Ahhh well done guys naa bambi i never got in buh i payed 5 too keep my app in i i get grades i think i can styl get a place x

Same, have to go down there on results day if you want a place right?
Reply 54
Bambi are u christian
Original post by Hitman2001
Bambi are u christian

To get people to actually look at what you wrote you quote them like this.

And no, I don't think she is.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending