Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bella Occhi
Theory, apologies if posted already:

Spoiler

I just thought of that!
This seems to be an episode that's split people :holmes:

There's a pun in there somewhere.
Reply 2902
Am I the only person who finds those gangers really creepy?
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
That's a shame. Moffat came up with the idea "rip off Avatar without ripping it off" and Matthew Graham wrote it. Graham also wrote Fear Her, possibly the worst episode of NewWHO. But Graham is not a terrible writer. He's an excellent writer which he has demonstrated with brilliant shows like Life on Mars and Ashes to Ashes.

He and Doctor Who don't mesh well, I guess?

Why the Fear Her hate? I remember quite liking it.
I mean so much more can be done with the theme of imitation and are they really the same, but they just kept going on about it very unsubtly.

And we get another episode, even though I feel it could have been done in one.
Original post by BookWormShanti
Why the Fear Her hate? I remember quite liking it.

It was awful and a rush job as they ran out of money.
Original post by JWH

Yeah, stuff like the girl hanging on the ceiling could have been a scene from The Grudge or something. I don't mind being slightly freaked out every week though, it's Doctor Who :tongue:
Can't wait to see the fake Doctor explode in existential doubt.
Reply 2908
I liked it
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
That's a shame. Moffat came up with the idea "rip off Avatar without ripping it off" and Matthew Graham wrote it. Graham also wrote Fear Her, possibly the worst episode of NewWHO. But Graham is not a terrible writer. He's an excellent writer which he has demonstrated with brilliant shows like Life on Mars and Ashes to Ashes.

He and Doctor Who don't mesh well, I guess?

I know. LoM/A2A was great... but this was... this was just awful... throwing everything together. Just didn't work. And once again we're left with what seems like an under-stuffed two parter, 'cause it doesn't look like there's enough to fill another episode.
It'll be ALL OUT WAR...between about ten people.

:rofl2:
Overall, nice episode... Although I saw the Doctor clone coming and I imagine there will be an Amy/Rory one as well which will make things interesting. I'm also liking how Rory hasn't yet died and he's breaking away a little from Amy - we're so used to seeing him running around after Amy and now she's feeling it instead (that said, who wouldn't if your husband ran after some plastic-y, clone-y thing?!).

I also noticed a rather tenuous link between when Jennifer was describing a girl (presumably her real self as a child) as wearing red boots. It's interesting that young Amelia Pond was also wearing red wellies in the Eleventh Hour. Probably too tenuous-a-link though.

And obviously, the continuation of the pregnancy/lady in the wall theme tune is interesting. I like how she keeps appearing as if she's pulling back a wooden window.

Also, I wonder whether all the music (Supermassive Black Hole and You Don't Have To Say You Love Me x 2) has any significance?

EDIT: I'm just thinking about how the Doctor ever became a ganger. Any speculation on this?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by JWH

totally, I just realised what they also look like - Lord voldemort esque, but with noses

and the biggest enigma to be solved, how the hell are they gonna get back in the Tardis
The only thing that is keeping me interested about this double parter is that the Doctor has some other motive here.
Original post by Colonel.
It was awful and a rush job as they ran out of money.

Oh, I thought Fear Her was great. I admit it wasn't as intellectually well-thought out as Moffat episodes are (with all the episodes linking cleverly throughout the series and even to previous series etc), but it was definitely unique. I was scared of looking in my wardrobe for weeks!! :eek:

I guess everyone has different tastes though when it comes to Doctor Who.

The only thing that is keeping me interested about this double parter is that the Doctor has some other motive here.

That caught me too. Saying that, I think his alternative motive has been evident throughout this series. We all know that Amy/Rory/River know something that the Doctor doesn't, but I'm certain he knows something as well... which is probably why he's not telling Amy about her pregnancy business.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by lukejoshjedi
totally, I just realised what they also look like - Lord voldemort esque, but with noses

and the biggest enigma to be solved, how the hell are they gonna get back in the Tardis

Spoiler

Original post by Rascacielos
Oh, I thought Fear Her was great. I admit it wasn't as intellectually well-thought out as Moffat episodes are (with all the episodes linking cleverly throughout the series and even to previous series etc), but it was definitely unique. I was scared of looking in my wardrobe for weeks!! :eek:

I guess everyone has different tastes though when it comes to Doctor Who.

You liked it? Fair enough.

I found no redeeming qualities in that episode.
Original post by ChrisJ!
Just to throw it in the mix, the Sontarans were pretty good at cloning- could that be another possibility for where the technology ended up?

The acid suits looked just like the sontaran uniform!

lol what don't you like about it? the episodes like this that go into moral, *ethical themes and all are pretty good imo - you could say a lot of episodes do, but the ones with that as a focus tend to be good
(edited 12 years ago)
That was the best ending line ever!

So will the ganger doctor stay with them for a few episodes, that would be pretty awesome! :biggrin:

Latest